Pittsburgh Media Thread: Your kids wouldn't want you posting in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Just because it amuses me, I've got to comment on Madden again.

When Malkin was out, his narrative was that they were winning without him, so did they even need him anymore.

With Fleury out and the Pens winning with Murray, he keeps saying that Fleury's the better goaltender, so Fleury should obviously take back the starting position eventually (no later than the start of next season).

Funny how it only seems to matter that the injured player is the "better" one when it's someone Madden likes (nevermind how it could easily be debated as to who is actually better among Fleury and Murray).

:popcorn:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just because it amuses me, I've got to comment on Madden again.

When Malkin was out, his narrative was that they were winning without him, so did they even need him anymore.

With Fleury out and the Pens winning with Murray, he keeps saying that Fleury's the better goaltender, so Fleury should obviously take back the starting position eventually (no later than the start of next season).

Funny how it only seems to matter that the injured player is the "better" one when it's someone Madden likes (nevermind how it could easily be debated as to who is actually better among Fleury and Murray).

:popcorn:

Ironic might be a better choice of words.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
And he's laughing all the way to the bank.

6 posts in a new thread and I only now just found out... I'm ashamed of myself.

RR

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Congrats on Geno - wifes/partner? is pregnant - if the stories true.

This prompted a Tumblr search ... sure looks like a bump

tumblr_o6ta6nFALr1uu0bgno2_1280.png

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The loss sucks; but guys... We have all day tomorrow, all day Monday AND all day Tuesday to absorb all the hot takes! Fleury in net Tuesday? Where are Geno/Sid? Is Holtby now the "hot goalie" that will ruin us? Will we blow yet another 3-1 series? Stay tuned!

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
...in all seriousness, I would not be able to stomach blowing another 3-1 series lead, ESPECIALLY to these guys. For the love of God, please close this out Tuesday...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
First hot take just rolled in, courtesy of everyone's favorite journalist:

WASHINGTON — Won't be fair.

But it never was going to be fair.

It is time, though.

It's time for Marc-Andre Fleury. He should be in net for the Penguins on Tuesday night when they try again to eliminate from the Stanley Cup playoffs the best team from the NHL's regular season.

Something about the way Rossi writes - very serious and epic tone. It's like he writes in haiku.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
he writes like a kid trying to emulate his journalism class but he thinks he's better than everyone else in the class including the professor

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

It is time, though.

It's time for Marc-Andre Fleury. He should be in net for the Penguins on Tuesday night when they try again to eliminate from the Stanley Cup playoffs the best team from the NHL's regular season.

Something about the way Rossi writes - very serious and epic tone. It's like he writes in haiku.

Should have gone with my idea, Rob.

And I don't even know what to do with this bolded sentence, apart from what Willy did.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Should have gone with my idea, Rob.

And I don't even know what to do with this bolded sentence, apart from what Willy did.
The two greatest Rossi pieces of all time:

Rossi, Rob. "Rossi: At Start, Are Pens Already Finished?" TribLIVE.com. Trib Total Media, 16 Sept. 2014. Web. 08 May 2016. <http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/6806501-74/penguins-crosby-cup>.

and

Rossi, Rob. "Rossi: Rutherford Falling Apart, Too." TribLIVE.com. Trib Total Media, 20 Apr. 2015. Web. 08 May 2016. <http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/8209495-74/rutherford-penguins-final>.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh

Rossi, Rob. "Rossi: At Start, Are Pens Already Finished?" TribLIVE.com. Trib Total Media, 16 Sept. 2014. Web. 08 May 2016. <http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/6806501-74/penguins-crosby-cup>.

and

Rossi, Rob. "Rossi: Rutherford Falling Apart, Too." TribLIVE.com. Trib Total Media, 20 Apr. 2015. Web. 08 May 2016. <http://triblive.com/sports/robrossi/8209495-74/rutherford-penguins-final>.
Delete your account

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

and

You want us to think you enjoy being the heel, but you don't.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

It is time, though.

Thanks for the garbage column Rob

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Why is Rossi Rat going through all the trouble of citing these in MLA? Rossi wouldn't - he's a journalist and they write in the AP style, for which there are no rules for references pages or anything like that.

That's the most mind-boggling thing about all of this.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Why is Rossi Rat going through all the trouble of citing these in MLA? Rossi wouldn't - he's a journalist and they write in the AP style, for which there are no rules for references pages or anything like that.

That's the most mind-boggling thing about all of this.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. :laugh:

Besides, Chicago Manual of Style or GTFO. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad