Pittsburgh Media Thread: Your kids wouldn't want you posting in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Rossi still writing for the Uzbek ministry of the interior? unctubekov.com or w/e the **** it was?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think Upgruv is Trib content. IIRC it's their attempt to connect with whatever generation is currently being marketed to.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think the Trib's target audience with this venture is people in late 90s sports drink commercials.

Probably :laugh: I've never checked it out. I remember when it first launched someone saying Reddit had banned links to it or something involving banning ... that right there indicated a whole level of awful I wanted no part of :laugh:

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Outside of a few Bombulie articles, I haven't clicked a Trib link in a long time. But I feel compelled to see how much of a train-wreck upgruv is.

For those who don't want to click, I'll be your sin-eater.

- This site is basically yinzer-Buzzfeed authored by people that think they're sassy and clever.
- It has "funny" headlines like 'Guess She Got the Picture' for a story about a dad that beat his daughter for sending nude pictures and 'Why's Little Billy so Happy?' about heroin that was left near a small child's sippy cup.
- "Out of This World: Does August Wilson's ghost make an appearance in Fences?"
- "Rossi Takes Plunge for Special Olympians"
- "Nine Reasons Miami Sucks"
Reason 9: You Only Borrowed Dan Marino
Let's make one thing perfectly clear: Dan Marino is a Pittsburgher. It's where you're from, not where you're at (n'at). And Marino is from up here. And, never forget that before he retired, Danny considered playing a final NFL season with his favorite team. That would be the Steelers.

About Us:

upgruv - (up•groove) - A personalized content service aimed at busy professionals that offers a mix of trending news from western Pennsylvania and beyond.

We get it. You're busy. You want to know what's going on but you don't want to visit a dozen different websites.

We'll scour the web so you don't have to. We'll find the most interesting stuff — from serious to ridiculous, shocking to awe-inspiring — to help you start the conversation.

But that's not all! We invite you to join our conversation. Come on in and stay awhile. Post your photos, comment and share.

After all, we hope to be "One of Pittsburgh's Great Websites." Or at least that's what our Mom tells us.

We're snarky.

Unguarded.

Sometimes racy.

You get it. Trending news is all the talk. And Upgruv wants to start the conversation.

That's enough for me. This site is repetitive, stupid and amateurish beyond belief. I'm off to rub lye in my eyes now.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
132.gif

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Snarky is a great word. People who think it's a good quality are happy to advertise themselves as such while being the exact sort of people I want to avoid. There is a scarcity of sincerity in modern culture.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
Snarky is only used by pseudo-intellectual hipsters that believe they are God's gift to the pen and quill. It truly translates into "I am an insufferable douchenozzle that hasn't developed humility or tact".

This looks like it was written by a 40 year-old PR agent trying to be hip and edgy for all of those Millenial people.

And Dan Marino was on the fringes of signing with the Vikings. Get it right.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Snarky is only used by pseudo-intellectual hipsters that believe they are God's gift to the pen and quill. It truly translates into "I am an insufferable douchenozzle that hasn't developed humility or tact".

This looks like it was written by a 40 year-old PR agent trying to be hip and edgy for all of those Millenial people.

I doubt "getting it right" is something that goes through their minds at all.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Outside of a few Bombulie articles, I haven't clicked a Trib link in a long time. But I feel compelled to see how much of a train-wreck upgruv is.

For those who don't want to click, I'll be your sin-eater.

- This site is basically yinzer-Buzzfeed authored by people that think they're sassy and clever.
- It has "funny" headlines like 'Guess She Got the Picture' for a story about a dad that beat his daughter for sending nude pictures and 'Why's Little Billy so Happy?' about heroin that was left near a small child's sippy cup.
- "Out of This World: Does August Wilson's ghost make an appearance in Fences?"
- "Rossi Takes Plunge for Special Olympians"
- "Nine Reasons Miami Sucks"

About Us:

That's enough for me. This site is repetitive, stupid and amateurish beyond belief. I'm off to rub lye in my eyes now.
This is absolutely horrific. Oh my god.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003

I think their target audience is more lowbrow, low-skill white collar types that read fake news and wear too much Axe body spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad