Pittsburgh Media Thread: Your kids wouldn't want you posting in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Forward Kunitz uses his 'killer' instinct to help Penguins

Chris Kunitz delivered the defensive highlight of the 2016 Stanley Cup Final for the Penguins when he chased down Joel Ward in the first period of Game 6, dove to his stomach and swatted the puck away from the San Jose forward to end a breakaway threat.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/11828887-74/kunitz-penguins-penalty

Didn't he have to make that play because he had a ridiculous turnover???

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Outside of a few Bombulie articles, I haven't clicked a Trib link in a long time. But I feel compelled to see how much of a train-wreck upgruv is.

For those who don't want to click, I'll be your sin-eater.

- This site is basically yinzer-Buzzfeed authored by people that think they're sassy and clever.
- It has "funny" headlines like 'Guess She Got the Picture' for a story about a dad that beat his daughter for sending nude pictures and 'Why's Little Billy so Happy?' about heroin that was left near a small child's sippy cup.
- "Out of This World: Does August Wilson's ghost make an appearance in Fences?"
- "Rossi Takes Plunge for Special Olympians"
- "Nine Reasons Miami Sucks"

About Us:

That's enough for me. This site is repetitive, stupid and amateurish beyond belief. I'm off to rub lye in my eyes now.

I'm so sorry I missed this.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Nah.

Play started behind the Sharks net, Cole got bullied by Ward and fell down just outside the Sharks blueline, their defenseman threw the pass to a streaking Ward up the middle, Kunitz came screaming down his wing and knocked the puck away.

You are correct. I just re-watched that. I swear Kunitz said something about it being his fault that it happened though.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You are correct. I just re-watched that. I swear Kunitz said something about it being his fault that it happened though.

Trying to remember that far back, but the play started in the left corner in the Sharks end.. and I think Kunitz was up high with Malkin pressuring the puck.

I don't recall a Pens player having the puck to even turn it over TBTH.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i mean, he had a chance to control the puck in the shark's end but wasn't exactly skating hard or pressing

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ryan Whitney is doing a good job on NHL network. I think he is a natural. A straight shooter too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ryan Whitney is doing a good job on NHL network. I think he is a natural. A straight shooter too.

Whits is funny with his dry humour too but he always seemed pretty smart about the discussions about the sport and if you read his Players Tribune piece, you could tell he'd either be an analyst or writer at some point. I like him better than Army or Rupp.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Whits is funny with his dry humour too but he always seemed pretty smart about the discussions about the sport and if you read his Players Tribune piece, you could tell he'd either be an analyst or writer at some point. I like him better than Army or Rupp.

Army, sure, but Rupp is tremendous on NHL Network. Maybe the best insight of anyone. Last year's playoffs from Rupp . . . Whitney has a way to go to match that insight.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Army, sure, but Rupp is tremendous on NHL Network. Maybe the best insight of anyone. Last year's playoffs from Rupp . . . Whitney has a way to go to match that insight.

Give me Whitney, Rupp and Weeks any day of the week. With a little McKenzie and Friedman.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

oops, we have a totally different view on this one, Any time I listen to him (and that is for the most part in Pittsburgh media circle) his analysis are so blah...typical generic statements, Kunitz is a great warior, Flower is a great goalie and teamate, put puck behind, never ever heard one observation to wow me and think: thats what we are talking about!

its always desperation, they want it more, and all other ......

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like Bill Lindsay a lot. He's pretty informative and doesn't sugar coat anything, and even doesn't mind being a little prickly to whoever else is on the panel either.

For the most part I like when the former players relate stories and anecdotes from their playing days, or experiences with current players either as teammates or opponents. Errey does that, but not often enough in my opinion. Like when he talked about how he hated Pat Verbeek and Terry Murray because they put a bounty on his head. :laugh: Or against the Blues when he said Hitchcock, his old coach, "hates little guys, trust me."

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
I like Bill Lindsay a lot. He's pretty informative and doesn't sugar coat anything, and even doesn't mind being a little prickly to whoever else is on the panel either.

For the most part I like when the former players relate stories and anecdotes from their playing days, or experiences with current players either as teammates or opponents. Errey does that, but not often enough in my opinion. Like when he talked about how he hated Pat Verbeek and Terry Murray because they put a bounty on his head. :laugh: Or against the Blues when he said Hitchcock, his old coach, "hates little guys, trust me."
I wish Errey would do that more as well, simply because if Errey is talking, it means that Steiggy isn't talking.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I saw 2 shows at Diesel back in the day before we had real concert venues. What a ****hole.

I went there to see Front Line Assembly a few years back. When I was looking up how to get there, I saw they had a dress code, which I thought was rather pretentious on its own, but the actual contents of said dress code made it even more so. Fortunately, the dress code didn't apply to concerts, or else the bands playing that night wouldn't have been allowed in, much less the fans! :laugh:

It was also a terrible venue for a concert. The place is in no way laid out for a band and an audience. The show was still good in spite of the venue, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad