Recalled/Assigned: Pitlick coming up (03/19: Emerg. Recall)

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It has been a while since we drafted 1st overall. The team is "benefiting" from the management deliberate tanking strategy. After drafting Hall, they should have gone out and brought in a couple of quality veteran players the way Calgary and Colorado did this off-season instead of hoping that another 1st overall pick will help them to build a contender in 15 years.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Ebs will play, out with soreness/stiffness sounds like a maintenance day. Unless they aren't telling us something.. This is the Oilers we're talking about.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
What Willis has to say about Pitlick so far this season:
Tyler Pitlick. The good news is that Pitlick is getting heavy minutes in all situations (including, for the first time as a pro, lots of penalty killing experience). Also good is his combination of speed and physical game; he’s played the ‘big body’ role on a top line with Linus Omark and Anton Lander pretty well (and he threw a beautiful reverse check that steamrolled Greg Nemisz after the Calgary prospect had him lined up) The bad news is he still isn’t scoring; he has three points and just 10 shots through seven contests. Pitlick has mostly played right wing but looked really good in one outing at centre.

From todays Baron's Watch article.

and all of a sudden, Centers are perfect and we are lacking wingers

:help:

They're lacking forwards in general, with the Pitlick injury and Eager supposedly hurt they have Larsen practicing as RW in OKC.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Here's our lineup for the start of December, will probably stay pretty close to the same until the end of the season.

Yakupov - Arcobello - Jones
Smyth - Gordon - Omark
Pitlick - Acton - Brown
Gazdic - Lander - Macintyre

IR: RNH, Eberle, Joensuu, Gagner, Perron
LTIR: Hall, Hemsky

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
If Pitlick could add any sort of offense he would be a great third liner. Hopefully he'll get a game or two and build off of that back in the AHL.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Here's our lineup for the start of December, will probably stay pretty close to the same until the end of the season.

Yakupov - Arcobello - Jones
Smyth - Gordon - Omark
Pitlick - Acton - Brown
Gazdic - Lander - Macintyre

IR: RNH, Eberle, Joensuu, Gagner, Perron
LTIR: Hall, Hemsky

So long as they weasel their way into 10th and grab Ritchie/Virtanen.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
put J.Schultz where he blongs!! top forward line :D

I've been waiting for people on here to start talking about this lol, J. Schults to 2nd line C :sarcasm:

Also if the injury bug sticks we're going to need a "the other guys" themed GTD.

Will pay attention to Pitlick if he plays, to be honest I pretty much wrote him off as a bust due to his complete inability to put up offence in the AHL but he did come out flying in the pre season games.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Ebs will play, out with soreness/stiffness sounds like a maintenance day. Unless they aren't telling us something.. This is the Oilers we're talking about.

Obviously his shoulder fell off, season ending surgery. :sarcasm:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Sweet! I said they should give him a shot in the last PGT. If he plays, it'll be nice to see someone with some skill who finishes every check

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
If we're putting a D at forward... I'd recall Larsen.

In the Winnipeg exhibition game, he forechecked harder than Jones ever has, I'd rather see him play on the wing than Jones...

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
Ebs is supposed to be out from practice for precautionary reasons while Smyth is day to day back in edmonton getting looked at.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Strange that they recall a C when we need a winger!

Omark has been first star of the game 2 of the last 3 games, 1 sd decider and one game with 2+2 thats strong paper.

But i thinks its better that Omark is in ripping mode for a month or so in Ahl before we call him up.

His shape was awful in camp and he has just recently find his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad