Recalled/Assigned: Pitlick coming up (03/19: Emerg. Recall)

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
What? Why he hasn't been in the lineup instead of Jones/Brown?

Brown is pretty damn fast too. He's still developing so I think they want to feed him a boat load of ice time in the AHL to boost his development a long. I was really impressed with him during preseason though.

Jones actually can score goals, so there's that too.

Strange that they recall a C when we need a winger!

He's played a lot more wing at the professional level than center. They finally started giving him games at center this year.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
So Smyth, Hall, Gagner, Eberle, Joensuu and Macintyre are all out with injuries (or at least for the time being)? Am I missing anyone? Yikes... And Grebs is filling in as a forward? (don't actually hate that idea...)

Yakupov-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Arcobello-Pitlick
Grebeshkov-Gordon-Jones
Gazdic-Acton-Brown

Well... I've seen worse...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So Smyth, Hall, Gagner, Eberle, Joensuu and Macintyre are all out with injuries (or at least for the time being)? Am I missing anyone? Yikes... And Grebs is filling in as a forward? (don't actually hate that idea...)

Yakupov-RNH-Hemsky
Perron-Arcobello-Pitlick
Grebeshkov-Gordon-Jones
Gazdic-Acton-Brown

Well... I've seen worse...

:laugh: Where?

Sloth Slothersons*

Patrick O'Sullivan - Shawn Horcoff - Ales Hemsky
Dustin Penner - Andrew Cogliano - Sam Gagner
Ethan Moreau - Robert Nilsson - Fernando Pisani
J-F Jacques - Marc Pouliot - Zach Stortini

*shudder*

Good times.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Has it hasn't actually been confirmed that Eberle will be out for tomorrows game? From Eakins media blurb, it sounded like it was unknown whether he'd play tomorrow... probably a gametime decision imo.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope that he just plays a simple chip and chase game and just hammers defensemen all night long.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
First NHL game for him! He deserves the shot even his hands are stone. He'd probably be a decent PK option.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@EdmontonOilers
"Skate as fast as I can and hit everything that moves." - Pitlick outlines his simple game plan for his @NHL debut tonight in MTL

So... he went to the Mike Brown Acadamey of Hockey. :sarcasm:

At any rate, that's exactly what I want to hear and see from Pitlick.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Pitlick is the type of player the Oilers desperately need..."north-south" player that bangs the body...he's got a great shot too

let's hope he can play at the NHL level

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
@EdmontonOilers
"Skate as fast as I can and hit everything that moves." - Pitlick outlines his simple game plan for his @NHL debut tonight in MTL

That sounds like what he needs to do to be successful. If he can play the same way that he did in his 2nd to last preseason game he will make it hard to be sent back down.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
@EdmontonOilers

Awesome. If him, Eager, and Gazdic all play that way tonight, its sure going to be a nice change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad