Confirmed Trade: [PIT/SJS] Marleau to Pittsburgh for cond. 2021 3rd (becomes 2nd if PIT wins cup)

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Dragging a man’s name down and calling him scum after you praise him only a few years ago.
I don't remember ever "praising" Marleau. I have no issue with Marleau. I base my opinions of people on what they do. I was fine with Marleau as a Leaf, even if Babcock gave him a bigger role than he deserved. I was disappointed with him after his actions last summer, but respected the importance of family to him. But his actions now prove that his actions in the summer were unnecessary, selfishly motivated, and not for the reasons he gave. It was a scummy move, and I have lost respect for him.

If you don't like that reality, too bad.

Mikenusca

Mar 30, 2016
I don't remember ever "praising" Marleau. I have no issue with Marleau. I base my opinions of people on what they do. I was fine with Marleau as a Leaf, even if Babcock gave him a bigger role than he deserved. I was disappointed with him after his actions last summer, but respected the importance of family to him. But his actions now prove that his actions in the summer were unnecessary, selfishly motivated, and not for the reasons he gave. It was a scummy move, and I have lost respect for him.

You can’t say you respect someone for wanting him to be closer to his family then call him scum for doing the same thing. He had a NMC. It’s his every right to do so. In no way in any decision could be considered scum. He was given the right. Do you know Marleau personally? Things change all the time, Have you ever changed your mind about something? You probably have, so are you scum? You are just butt hurt because it affects your team, that’s the reality. Get over it.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

Marleau making one last kick at the cup bothers you for a quick 1 to 2 month gig?

So? you have John Tavares on your team. The guy literally led on the Isles into thinking maybe he would stay on the team long term till past the trade deadline only to say "he made this decision a long time ago" and show pics of his leafs blankets as a 10 year old.

Marleau had a commitment from the leafs to keep him 3 years on a contender and they decided to eject him early to make cap space. Why would he play ball with them?

tavares did way worse than anything Marleau did to the team that Drafted him and supported him for near a decade. Cry more snowflake

Mikenusca

Mar 30, 2016
He's not doing the same thing. He's leaving his family.

Actually, Marleau doesn't currently affect my team at all.

Sounds like that's what you need to do.
He’s leaving his family for a few months, he’s basically gone most of the year anyways. The scenarios are completely different. What you’re crying about is him not waiving at the start of the season, not 3-4 months left of the season.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
This did not happen. He did not say that.
lol.

Tavares literally kept leading Isles fans on into thinking he might yet stay.

Gans and media were clamoring to trade him before the deadline before he had the chance to walk for nothing and he continually said he might be back and hasn't made up his mind yet and management bought it because they thought they still had a chance to resign him.

One of the few times I ever agreed with Stan Fischler when he raked Tavares over the coals

Reactions: Mikenusca

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No, he gave them the honest answer, which was that he hadn't decided, but it was a possibility. It was NYI management that made the decision whether to keep him past the deadline or not. Tavares never said he made the decision a long time prior; he said the opposite. This has nothing to do with Marleau or this trade.

Mikenusca

Mar 30, 2016
No, he gave them the honest answer, which was that he hadn't decided, but it was a possibility. It was NYI management that made the decision whether to keep him past the deadline or not. Tavares never said he made the decision a long time prior; he said the opposite. This has nothing to do with Marleau or this trade.
so Tavares gets a pass for not deciding when he did and Marleau doesn’t. That’s called being a hypocrite. It was the leafs management to sign him for 3 years and give him a NMC. If they knew that 3rd year was going to be a problem they shouldn’t of offered it

You calling Marleau scum for not waiving his no trade has nothing to do with his current trade to Pittsburgh either so what’s your point

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Just like Marleau using his NMC rights to dictate where he would go when Toronto decided to dump him for cap space, has nothing to do with his desicision to chase a cup with Pittsburgh now.

Reactions: Mikenusca

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I hope Marleau does well in Pittsburgh though if the face the Leafs, I will be rooting against him.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
lol.

Gans and media were clamoring to trade him before the deadline before he had the chance to walk for nothing and he continually said he might be back and hasn't made up his mind yet and management bought it because they thought they still had a chance to resign him.

One of the few times I ever agreed with Stan Fischler when he raked Tavares over the coals

Where are his answers?

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
I for one will root for Patty when the Leafs inevitably gets eliminated by the Bruins. If we make the play-offs that is...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm posting this just out of curiosity.

San Jose Sharks' Joe Thornton disappointed not to be moved: 'I wanted a shot' - TSN.ca

Thornton did not get moved and yet Marleau did - and I was actually hoping both would be traded together. So what would it have taken for the Penguins to land both had SJ offered them both?

Probably just another 3rd would've done it but it's likely that nobody put a deal together to make it happen. I doubt DW wouldn't have moved him if something materialized.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00