Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Penguins re-sign F Evgeni Malkin (4 years, $6.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
slow-smile-mood.gif

Geno and Hex, maximizing the drama up until the last second. Since 71, 87, and 58 will likely hang from the rafters one day, its only appropriate that the three of them finish their ride as trio.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Happened exactly the way I thought.

Geno was angry and was proving a point. Fans got pissed and started wanting blood with how things happened. Everyone is happy now.

Love ya Geno

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Glad to see this. It's only right that Crosby, Malkin and even Letang all retire as career Penguins. It would just be uncomfortable to see any of them in anything other than the Pittsburgh black and gold.

Reactions: Lustaf

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Am I tripping? Malkin is still a point a game player, even in playoffs and y'all saying 4x6 is overpaid??? That's a steal on any team.
Yea it's a great deal, his baseline is a ppg player. This year he's not coming off acl surgery and missing the first half of the season so I expect he'll be better anyway.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
And here I thought the Pens were going to kick him to the curb after all that.

Wonder if Crosby signs 6.1M too in a couple years... bet he does.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
View attachment 568195

You could argue the term is a bit tough, but that's solid from Hex.

That's the trade off for a decent cap hit; longer term than you'd like.

I'm good with all the signings since the window is the next 2 to 3 years anyways. Though I still want to see Hextall trim the fat (ie. Pettersson, Zucker, etc.) and use that money to upgrade the top six even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad