Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Penguins re-sign F Evgeni Malkin (4 years, $6.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Lol, dont worry, all us in the Atlantic are loving these signings by the Pens. Team has been going nowhere for year and they are signed on to do the same for the next 4 years :laugh:
I think the majority of true hockey fans know that these are solid deals, its the same fans that have nothing good to say that continue to do so

Look no further than your LOL above and speaking for fans other than yourself when the vast majority about the signings have been positive.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Seems a lot of people are failing to recall that the Pens were just competing with their 3rd goalie, missing a key defender and multiple top 6 players, lost their best F, and were STILL one goal post away from the 2nd round.

Marleau and Thornton helped lead the sharks to the cup in 2016 each pushing 37 years old, no reason Pittsburgh can't as well.

Reactions: Giskard and Syrinx

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I think the majority of true hockey fans know that these are solid deals, its the same fans that have nothing good to say that continue to do so

Look no further than your LOL above and speaking for fans other than yourself when the vast majority about the signings have been positive.
Exactly. The sour grapes are easy to spot, mostly everyone reasonable is acknowledging the team friendly deals, it's the same old crowd who go around talking smack on seemingly any and every team.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Big mistake by Pens. Too old and injury prone to invest significantly.

Yeah I'm conflicted about it. On one hand I wouldn't have cried had they gone after someone like Trocheck or something to be their 2c. On the other hand I'm overjoyed that Malkin will get a chance to finish his career in Pittsburgh. It may not be the smartest move for the on ice product... but it is the right move for the franchise.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They just reduced Malkin and Letang's combined cap hit by like $4.5 million. This is precisely the kind of move the Pens needed to make to improve the team over the next couple of seasons. And even if it doesn't work out, who cares? They won 3 cups with this core already and will be rebuilding in 3 or 4 years regardless.

Now 87, 71, and 58 will likely all play their entire NHL careers as Penguins, which is a rare distinction in itself.
Who cares if they reduce their cap by a little? They’re play will reduce drastically in those years.

Reactions: GoldenKnight

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Not sure if you've seen this or it's been posted yet, but it's 8m, 6m, 5.6m, 4.8m.
I did (I posted it). :) Last year is mostly bonus so it's possible that he retires after collecting 23 mil. Mostly just going by the chatter that he expects to play another three years.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Lmao probably have more money than you could even imagine thanks to early investing. But thanks for your concern!
D5DjylwU4AEU7Cv.jpg

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Yeah I'm conflicted about it. On one hand I wouldn't have cried had they gone after someone like Trocheck or something to be their 2c. On the other hand I'm overjoyed that Malkin will get a chance to finish his career in Pittsburgh. It may not be the smartest move for the on ice product... but it is the right move for the franchise.
Who says they still can't go after Trochek? He would be the perfect 3C, and potential future 2C.

We were willing to spend $6M in Staal ages ago during a lower cap era to be our 3C. Trochek won't cost that much. Only issue he may not WANT to be 3C, but let's see.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I did (I posted it). :) Last year is mostly bonus so it's possible that he retires after collecting 23 mil. Mostly just going by the chatter that he expects to play another three years.

I've seen that posted/claimed a few times. However Capfriendly isn't showing the same thing. They have it as 1m in bonuses and 3.8m in salary for that final year.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Pens are in a decline but don't want to rebuild while Crosby is still there, I get it, it's hard to let go and tanking stinks. They'll likely be battling for WC2 in a year or two.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Lol, dont worry, all us in the Atlantic are loving these signings by the Pens. Team has been going nowhere for yeara and they are signed on to do the same for the next 4 years :laugh:

They have been going no where for years - kind of remind me of the Rags.

Lmao probably have more money than you could even imagine thanks to early investing. But thanks for your concern!

Usually when people brag in this manner, they live with their Parents...

• Haha
Reactions: Extra Texture
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad