Confirmed with Link: [PIT/OTT/VGK] Brassard/Dunn/Lindberg/3rd for Gustavsson/Cole/1st/3rd for Reaves/4th | VGK ret. 40%

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yep, here's six degrees of Brandon Sutter . . .

Sutter

for

2 years of Bonino
Clendenning
2nd

Clendenning
Perron (which had been a 1st)

for

4 runs with Hagelin

AND

That 2nd and an added 1st

for

2 runs with Brassard

BASICALLY, JR LEVERAGED SUTTER AND 2 1STS INTO 2 RUNS WITH BONINO, 2 RUNS WITH BRASSARD, AND 4 RUNS WITH HAGELIN.

Pretty good asset management ;)

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Pheneuf was in the US on a travel visa playing for the Sens when he was traded (during the Pens game). He was going to be traveling with them on an approved visa. So, LA just needed to amend an already issued visa.
So every non-American player who plays for a Canadian team has to apply for a travel visa for each road trip into the States?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So if we send Vegas Hunwick, Sheary, and a five year subscription to the fruit of the month club along with the promise to do them a solid in the future would they eat 75 percent of Karlsson's contract in a trade to the Pens?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So every non-American player who plays for a Canadian team has to apply for a travel visa for each road trip into the States?

That's my understanding of the law, but I can't say for certain.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Sutter

for

2 years of Bonino
Clendenning
2nd

Clendenning

for

4 runs with Hagelin

AND

for

2 runs with Brassard

BASICALLY, JR LEVERAGED SUTTER AND 2 1STS INTO 2 RUNS WITH BONINO, 2 RUNS WITH BRASSARD, AND 4 RUNS WITH HAGELIN.

Weirdly enough, Sutter has been big in JR’s career recently. Sutter was part of the Staal trade. Dumoulin has been Dumoulin but Pouliot was traded for the 4th used in the Brassard trade. And to think we called him useless.

Reactions: Riptide and KIRK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This is comparable to how Craig Patrick leverage Luc and Ulfie.

EDIT: Well except for that whole Zubov for Hatcher debacle, but that was Mario's doing really.

Sid has tried to Zubov Hornqvist but that dang Horny just plays balls to the wall good hockey no matter what line he gets on so we can't get rid of him :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid has tried to Zubov Hornqvist but that dang Horny just plays balls to the wall good hockey no matter what line he gets on so we can't get rid of him :laugh:

Well, in this case, Geno said he'd take him. You know how those Ed Sheeran fans can be birds of a feather.

Reactions: Pancakes

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The Pen's cap hit for Brassard is identical to Sheary's ($3M). Sheary's production has been cut in half since last year (53/61 vs 22/59) and RW remains deep even with Reaves gone, he's gotta be being shopped around by GMJR.

Fun fact, Sheary is actually better on LW then he is on RW. And I highly doubt that JR is "shopping" him. In fact I doubt that JR would even want to move him. He adds valuable skilled depth that can play anywhere in the lineup.

This summer could (likely will be) different... but right now? I doubt he goes anywhere.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If they don't trade Sprong, put him with Sid and ZAR a few games. See if they Gel. I don't like Sheary on the right side either.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Well, in this case, Geno said he'd take him. You know how those Ed Sheeran fans can be birds of a feather.

In fairness to Lemieux though while Zubov is a great player if you don't do what #66 wants you to on the PP wtf is wrong with you? If I'm on the PP and he asks me to jump I say how high.

Reactions: KIRK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If they don't trade Sprong, put him with Sid and ZAR a few games. See if they Gel. I don't like Sheary on the right side either.

I think we can afford to be patient with Sid's line right now. It's not (yet) a problem that they aren't scoring, because everyone else is. Maybe given time they can figure things out.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think we can afford to be patient with Sid's line right now. It's not (yet) a problem that they aren't scoring, because everyone else is. Maybe given time they can figure things out.
ZAR was producing on that line, not sure why they took him off. Simons a decent player but I like what ZAR does for that line. Bangs bodies, goes to the net and is always on the right side of the puck. I didn't think Reese would be as effective as he has thus far. Still, it's early but I'd at least give him more time with Sid.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Let him walk in two years. Rebuild ala 14-15, win a cup when Crosby and Malkin enter the twilight years.

Would we actually need to "rebuild/retool" after next season? Keep Sheahan as the 3c, keep Sprong and the other kids... we will still have a good roster. It won't be as good as this one (unless something surprising happens), but it will still be a good one.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
So really what Im reading is that we owe our two cups plus this run to Brandon Sutter. There needs to be a 30 in 30 production about this or something.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Would we actually need to "rebuild/retool" after next season? Keep Sheahan as the 3c, keep Sprong and the other kids... we will still have a good roster. It won't be as good as this one (unless something surprising happens), but it will still be a good one.

I think it would be “good” in the sense of 2014 team. You also will need to give Schultz 6+, Sheary gone, etc. in 2019

I’d rather sell off some pieces. Limp into the playoffs and have a solid core as Crosby and Malkin get into the 35 range.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Leaving aside your lovely belief that Sprong will be here, the WORST case scenario after next season is that you've got Sid, Geno, some guys in their mid 20's, a ton of cap space, the Jarry card to play, and a genuine French Canadian hero who sometimes plays defense you could move depending on circumstances.

They'll need a retool. Not a rebuild. Not if it's managed properly.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Center position will be interesting next year. Brassard stays as your 3c, so do you resign Sheahan for a one year prove it deal for a bit of a cut? Sign him long term for more? Something in between? I could also see them not resigning him and readdressing the 3C after Brassards contract runs out.

I was about to start saying you cant afford Sheahan as your 4C with Brassard as your 3C until I remembered VGK is retaining 40%. What a sweet deal.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So really what Im reading is that we owe our two cups plus this run to Brandon Sutter. There needs to be a 30 in 30 production about this or something.

How one 11OA pick for a frustrating and confusing player boosted by his family name shaped years of the NHL landscape. The Brandon Sutter Story: Flat No More

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins probably won't even need to retool in the next few years. Don't re-sign players you can internally replace, re-sign important core players and consistently be on the lookout for reclamation projects on defense. Let go of players like Hagelin and Sheahan unless they're willing to sign for cheaper than what they're currently making, and try to re-sign guys like Brassard and Hornqvist.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Sutter

for

2 years of Bonino
Clendenning
2nd

Clendenning

for

4 runs with Hagelin

AND

for

2 runs with Brassard

This is so beautiful.....worthy of tears

Reactions: ETA and KIRK

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Leaving aside your lovely belief that Sprong will be here, the WORST case scenario after next season is that you've got Sid, Geno, some guys in their mid 20's, a ton of cap space, the Jarry card to play, and a genuine French Canadian hero who sometimes plays defense you could move depending on circumstances.

They'll need a retool. Not a rebuild. Not if it's managed properly.

The French Canadian hero won't be moved :cry:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

It's not the scoring...it's the other part: poor play in their own end, getting the puck out in transition and possession. It would actually help their offense if they could play defense...

Reactions: ETA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad