Confirmed with Link: [PIT/OTT/VGK] Brassard/Dunn/Lindberg/3rd for Gustavsson/Cole/1st/3rd for Reaves/4th | VGK ret. 40%

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Brassard is WAY better than Bonino. He is an impact #2, not a maybe #2 on a good day. Our centre depth is now absolutely ludicrous, not just as good as the last 2 years.

Lindberg is an intriguing prospect, I'm not sure he has that much upside, but he's huge and definitely has talent from what I've seen. He's a long shot prospect that may end up a 3rd line playmaking winger I'd imagine.

He definitely has soft hands around the net and a solid shot, I wonder how much is just lack of hockey IQ or something? Like he hasn't figured out how to be physically imposing like he was in juniors against other men and how to make all the little space plays that the NHL guys figure out. Intriguing for sure, but might be another Tangradi.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So, it was a mistake because Sid hasn't missed a game this year?

Well, Sid has missed a total of 16 games in the previous 4 years, and probably half of them were precautionary or to give him rest.

So . . . I guess what I'm saying is this makes perfect sense to be coming from Cherry.

Sid got a concussion in training last year, he’s had mumps (likely caught from a teammate), taken a shot to the face by a Orpik. That probably accounts for most of his absences lately.

He needs more respectful teammates :laugh:

Reactions: Beau Knows

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid got a concussion in training last year, he’s had mumps (likely caught from a teammate), taken a shot to the face by a Orpik. That probably accounts for most of his absences lately.

He needs more respectful teammates :laugh:

Oprik wasn't in the last 4 years. That was 5 years ago.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Well, Sid has missed a total of 16 games in the previous 4 years, and probably half of them were precautionary or to give him rest.

So . . . I guess what I'm saying is this makes perfect sense to be coming from Cherry.

And last season he was concussed in practice and before that the mumps... it’s a ridiculous team.

Welp, I got beaten to the punch.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Oprik wasn't in the last 4 years. That was 5 years ago.

Yeah I know. I went through his injuries the last 6 years and there wasn’t really many games missed from targeted attacks on him. Majority was friendly fire.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Very sloppy game for us. Kind of frustrating too because we overcame all the sloppiness to tie the game only to choke it away late. Sucks but at least Brassard is on the way and should give us a boost. I'm still worried about the defense though.

Reactions: SirBrad

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I haven't seen Brassards comments posted here yet

"I’m really happy to join the team that won the Stanley Cup last year and it’s really exciting. If you had told me last year when we were one goal from the Stanley Cup finals against those guys that I was going to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins, I never would have believed it.”

“It makes a lot of sense for both parties to part ways. I grew up around here and I’m going to have the chance to say when I’m done playing that I played for hometown team, and it was really special and we were really close to winning it all last year. I’m going to remember that for the rest of my life.”

“I’ve come close to winning (the Cup) and I was really close to winning it last year. I just felt that, with one year left on my contract, with people unsure what’s going to happen with Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, Matt Duchene and Cody Ceci, I have the chance to go to a team that has a chance to win a Stanley Cup."

“I feel life is too short, careers are too short, and I want to play for the next five to six years and I want to have the chance to win the Cup, but I also believe in Ottawa’s future with all the young guys coming up. The people in Ottawa deserve a good team and they just have to be patient. If I had a couple of years left, I would feel different.”

“Since I got the news Friday, I’ve been really excited and sad at the same time to leave here, but I have the chance to play with the best player in the world (Crosby) and maybe the second-best player in the world (Malkin), and that’s very exciting”

Big Game Brass excited to join Pittsburgh Penguins

Reactions: LiquorLicense

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
BrassGod is HONGRY for that cup! Watch him tear some booties up in the playoffs

I haven't been this excited about a player's first game with us since Kessel. Can't wait to see how teams try to stop this offense now.

Reactions: SirBrad

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I'd have to think Brassard will be PK'ing with us. If not this year, then next. We can't run an extra center just to play on the PK, and Brassard should be an excellent PK guy, and a threat to score short handed too. I just can't see him playing only ES and 2nd PP with us, he won't get enough ice time that way either.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'd have to think Brassard will be PK'ing with us. If not this year, then next. We can't run an extra center just to play on the PK, and Brassard should be an excellent PK guy, and a threat to score short handed too. I just can't see him playing only ES and 2nd PP with us, he won't get enough ice time that way either.

I said it somewhere else, but Guentzel, Sid and Brassard can all do spot duty on the PK as the centre, even if they just win the faceoff and get straight off the ice.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017

OT: Anyone know what website you get this data from? I can't find it anywhere.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Brassard is the best Penguins 3C they have had in their history, right? He's better than Staal IMO and I'm not sure who else challenges him for that title. Maybe if you count Lemieux as a center in 2001, they had Lemieux, Straka and Lang down the middle, but that kinda seems like an unfair comparison.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We weren’t re-signing Reaves anyway, and I think Oleksiak can be just as much of a deterrent as Reaves can. He’s very willing to fight, even came to Reaves’s defense that one time, and being that he’s on the ice twice as much as Reaves that probably makes him even more effective.

Reactions: JTG and Sideline

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Brassard is the best Penguins 3C they have had in their history, right? He's better than Staal IMO and I'm not sure who else challenges him for that title. Maybe if you count Lemieux as a center in 2001, they had Lemieux, Straka and Lang down the middle, but that kinda seems like an unfair comparison.
Staal is 100% debateable, but Brassard will get better wingers than Staal ever did here.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
The fact that it's an argument says enough I reckon. He's certainly better than Bonino, even on a bad night.

Bonino will have the best playoff run though.

If Brassard can get close to that things are going to go well for us.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Goodfellas-GMJR.gif

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

How about the rest of the team (Geno, Letang, etc)?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
We weren’t re-signing Reaves anyway, and I think Oleksiak can be just as much of a deterrent as Reaves can. He’s very willing to fight, even came to Reaves’s defense that one time, and being that he’s on the ice twice as much as Reaves that probably makes him even more effective.

Agree, but you don't really want a d'man to be the fighter/deterrent

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Niskanen. Yeah he cops abuse in the playoffs but I don’t think anyone would stop or deter that. The cups on the line at that point.

Yeah, and the Caps were desperate even for the playoffs. They were down 2-0 in the series, the Pens went through them for two other cups, it was the final big all in year for them and they really, really should have won that series.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad