Confirmed Trade: [PIT/OTT] Mike Condon for a 5th in 2017

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's good for Pittsburgh - they get something for nothing but Ottawa needed to do this.

I wouldn't put it past him. I certainly don't think he'll be an improvement on either Anderson or Hammond.

Yeah - two guys who won't be dressing tonight.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Not a great player, I'd put him at a similar level to Hammond. Pittsburgh did well to get a free 5th rounder.

Ottawa had no choice here. You don't piss away your season and NOT make a move when you lose your top-2 goalies. Making Anderson play is not just tabloid fodder, it is the wrong thing to do.

Who knows, maybe Condon will be good.

Anyone got any split stats on his season with Montreal last year? Did he improve as the season wore on or collapse?

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
I wouldn't put it past him. I certainly don't think he'll be an improvement on either Anderson or Hammond.

Anderson is a big question right now with the family issues. Hope his wife beats it and does well. Condon is the same as Hammond.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
People have a misconception. Condon wasn't acquired because he is a great player, or even because he is better than Andrew Hammond let alone Craig Anderson.

He was acquired because the Senators have had to keep 3 goalies up in the NHL in order to allow Anderson the ability to leave at will and not leave the team hanging with only 1 goalie on a game night. With Hammond injured 2 of those 3 goalies were prospects who should be in the AHL.

Now the Sens have been able to send O'Connor down, and when Hammond returns Driedger can get sent down. Condon is starting tonight.

If he ends up being good, it'll be a pleasant surprise. He was the only goalie available with NHL experience that is a UFA next year, makes league minimum, and would cost next to nothing trade wise. That is why they went with him. Other goalies potentially available would cost too much money wise to pay, and asset wise to acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00