Trade: [PIT/CHI] Justin Fields for 2025 6th round pick (can become 4th)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
At that price Bears should have held onto him and waited for potential injuries around league (Or even Williams risk of injury)

The Bears had all the leverage

Poles is a f***ing joke

Chicago had leverage last season. But they were still all in on Fields. Another year, another flop.

Time to accept that outside of Bears fans, there weren't too many Justin Fields supporters.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i can see them acquiring fields to sit for a season and learn from russ, but then isn't he a FA after the season?

would they give him a big contract without seeing him play much?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i can see them acquiring fields to sit for a season and learn from russ, but then isn't he a FA after the season?

would they give him a big contract without seeing him play much?
But then what other team would give him a big contract? Pretty much on the Baker situation was last season where he got 1 year at under $10 mill. No team wanted him for 2 years and around $29 mill total for the 5th year option.

Reactions: Voight

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Someone said it best on another forum. Fields is Kordell Stewart and can be a weapon with Wilson if he accepts.

Wilson will be the starter but isn't bulletproof. This could humble Fields in a good way.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
But then what other team would give him a big contract? Pretty much on the Baker situation was last season where he got 1 year at under $10 mill. No team wanted him for 2 years and around $29 mill total for the 5th year option.
true. funny how he's the better option at QB but is basically going to be treated like a rookie for a year and learn from russ

can't remember the last time that happened

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
true. funny how he's the better option at QB but is basically going to be treated like a rookie for a year and learn from russ

can't remember the last time that happened
Tomlin has not gotten an extension has he? A lot can change in Pitt in 2025.

Reactions: DaveG

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I love how GMs who gets picks back always make sure the "insiders" put out the trade without the contingency details to build an impression on people the trade returned more than it actually did.

Reactions: DaveG and Voight

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
What a disastrous mistake by Chicago. They’re obviously locked in on Cal Williams at #1 and that’s going to set the franchise back at least five years.

If you think Fields is bad, Williams is going to be even worse.

Total failure by the Bears.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Fields is good and based on the price the rest of the league doesn't either but it's worth a shot for the Steelers. They gave up nothing for him and can get him in their building to see if there's anything there. Of course, the best way to evaluate would to see him actually play and I guess that's a possibility at some point considering who the starter is projected to be.

Now the foolishness about Caleb vs. Fields can stop. As can the delusion from Chicago thinking a 1st rd pick or high 2nd was a possibility.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
At that price Bears should have held onto him and waited for potential injuries around league (Or even Williams risk of injury)

The Bears had all the leverage

Poles is a f***ing joke

Like lot of people said and I agree you don’t want to have Fields and Williams on the same room

Just give Williams a clean start and room to work with

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
In three or four years the Bears will be dumping Williams for a 6th round pick.

This is why they’re the Bears.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With fields I don’t see him being a good injury replacement in season. Does not come off as someone who is great at the whiteboard to absorb a new playbook quickly. Would be running a very skeleton playbook with him.
Would need the injury to occur before the season for any value.

But man did all of those people get it wrong on Fields about it costing at least a 2nd rounder.

All this just shows to me how ridiculous the Fields vs Williams was

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
More than the trade value, I'm just perplexed at how much attention this guy gets...he was seemingly in the news and talked aobut everyday. This thread is already on two pages. He's mid at best

Maybe if the bears did everything right they could have gotten a guaranteed 4th, or even a 3rd, instead of a cond. 4th.

The 'Bears should've held onto him and traded him during season to a potential desperate team' narrative is beyond stupid honestly.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
More than the trade value, I'm just perplexed at how much attention this guy gets...he was seemingly in the news and talked aobut everyday. This thread is already on two pages. He's mid at best

Maybe if the bears did everything right they could have gotten a guaranteed 4th, or even a 3rd, instead of a cond. 4th.

The 'Bears should've held onto him and traded him during season to a potential desperate team' narrative is beyond stupid honestly.
He’s a Qb. They all get attention regardless of how actually good they are.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If all the Steelers had to give up was a day 3 draft pick in 2025 to get Fields, then what were the Eagles offering for him just a few days before that?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If all the Steelers had to give up was a day 3 draft pick in 2025 to get Fields, then what were the Eagles offering for him just a few days before that?
I wonder how much the price of the 5th year option played? If it was an issue then fields agent during the combine should have told GMs that fields would do the Love 1 year deal for $10-12 mill va the $25 mill option price to get him into a roster to legitimately be a starter in 2024. Then it’s a $15 mill for a 2 year commitment.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
So the Steelers now have a washed up Russell Wilson and a younger version that lacks the Seahawks pedigree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad