Trade: [PIT/CHI] Justin Fields for 2025 6th round pick (can become 4th)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Kenny Picket sounds like a complete idiot

So he pouts about being benched for Mason Rudolph then refuses to dress.
Then he complains about Russell Wilson

Yeah good luck getting playing time with Hurts

Wilson sucks and would have been a decent battle for him to get the start

Reactions: buffalowing88

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Steelers GM flipping Kenny f***ing Pickett for a higher pick than they had to give for Justin Fields should be investigated. Does this guy have nudes of the Eagles and Bears GM?

There's a report that the Eagles pivoted to Pickett because the Bears wanted too much for Fields. If true, that suggests the Bears just had to reduce their price big time.

Tomlin has not gotten an extension has he? A lot can change in Pitt in 2025.

Not yet. Tomlin's words at his press conference seemed to indicate it was basically a formality, but I might treat that with a bit of salt now. Still seems unlikely he enters the season without one but maybe he doesn't and this all gets mental.

Nobody who saw the last Steelers QB battle believes this is going to be anything other than a Wilson coronation.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Pickett was ass, even when Matt Canada got the boot he still sucked major booty.

Guys just Josh Rosen with messy hair.

Reactions: DaveG

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Pickett was ass, even when Matt Canada got the boot he still sucked major booty.

Guys just Josh Rosen with messy hair.

I’m probably missing a team
Patriots commanders and bears are all drafting

Lock vs jones in NY, so no go

I guess Atlanta Minnesota and Denver m, one of them is getting McCarthy

I just think Pickett and his agent didn’t think this through to be honest

Pittsburgh has a better prospect of playing than he thinks.

Reactions: DaveG

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Steelers GM flipping Kenny f***ing Pickett for a higher pick than they had to give for Justin Fields should be investigated. Does this guy have nudes of the Eagles and Bears GM?

Agree 100% - - those two deals were an absolute heist by Pittsburgh.

It’s mind boggling how anyone would question why the Steelers would make such moves. Gee, I don’t know - - maybe because they improve their draft capital and at the same time improve the QB position?

I realize it’s fashionable to hate on Justin Fields, but even a novice football fan would know that Fields is infinitely better than Ken Pickett.

Do people have any clue what they’re watching?

Reactions: JimmyApples

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wonder how much the price of the 5th year option played? If it was an issue then fields agent during the combine should have told GMs that fields would do the Love 1 year deal for $10-12 mill va the $25 mill option price to get him into a roster to legitimately be a starter in 2024. Then it’s a $15 mill for a 2 year commitment.

In a way I understand that contract issue but then again Gm’s/teams have no problem paying big time money for bad QB’s all the time

& Fields is atleast someone with a chance to develop into more

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Regardless of what folks think of Wilson and Fields this is still well worth the risk for the Steelers.
Cap wise, Pitt is only on the hook for the $5 mill in salaries for Wilson and Fields combined, plus the remaining 2 years prorated SB of Pickett which was $7.4 mill, thus $3.7 mill remaining, and whatever was left from Trubisky's SB. For sure, under $15 mill in QB cap charges. Probably in around $12 mill give or take, which includes the guys no longer on the roster.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fields will be a complete free agent in 2025. See what kind of offers he gets then. Guessing it would be similar to bakers deal with TB last season.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I actually like Fields, I hope Pittsburgh works out for him.

Overall, a lot of these QBs from drafts going back to 2021 haven't been very good. I'm not exactly convinced the 2024 class will be much better.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He’s just miserable most of the time

I mean that Young trade is turning into franchise changer

Sweat was a key addition to defense

Was able to re-sign key players

Swift+ Allen for mainly money

This should be a time where Bears fans shouldn’t be able to stop smiling

Reactions: LT and Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I mean that Young trade is turning into franchise changer

Sweat was a key addition to defense

Was able to re-sign key players

Swift+ Allen for mainly money

This should be a time where Bears fans shouldn’t be able to stop smiling
Most do. Thing lots of bears fans just expect crappy things to happen.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
What a disastrous mistake by Chicago. They’re obviously locked in on Cal Williams at #1 and that’s going to set the franchise back at least five years.

If you think Fields is bad, Williams is going to be even worse.

Total failure by the Bears.
Who tf is Cal Williams

• Haha
Reactions: Voight and LT

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Overall, a lot of these QBs from drafts going back to 2021 haven't been very good. I'm not exactly convinced the 2024 class will be much better.
They just ruin these QB's by making them start too early. The best of the best can swin but most of them sink. Jordan Love would have been an absolute bust if they had started him in his 1st year.

Reactions: DaveG and Peat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They just ruin these QB's by making them start too early. The best of the best can swin but most of them sink. Jordan Love would have been an absolute bust if they had started him in his 1st year.
Bad teams typically will have either weak OL or poor weapons or even both. Especially bad for the teams that trade up for a QB like Carolina did for Young and Chicago did for Fields.

Everyone today wants instant gratification. When most other positions can walk in on day 1 and be either solid starts to even pro bowlers, and you sit your QB, takes patience to do so.

Rare for a good team which KC was at the time to trade up to draft Mahomes and sit him for the year. But, it's paid off now with 3 SB titles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad