Confirmed Trade: [PIT/BUF] Conor Sheary and Evan Rodrigues for Dominik Kahun

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
As a Pens fan, I don’t like this trade at all.

Kahun was a good hockey player with a lot of potential. Sheary wasn’t anything special when he was here the first time around and Rodrigues brings nothing that we don’t already have in spades anyway. Unless GMJR has an account on here and reads how much much Pens board loves small “speedy” guys, I just don’t see how this makes us better. Hopefully we will let Sheary walk after this season, but I’d still rather have Kahun that the other RFA we lost him for.

One good trade and one terrible trade today, and worst of all our glaring need was a reliable defenceman that went unaddressed.

What a head scratcher?!!?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’m extremely happy as a Sabres fan. Sheary was cooked. Erod is inconsistent but can be solid, maybe he’ll elevate his game in Pit.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens fan who’s good with the deal. Kahun looked like a goner in the off-season anyway.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Trade makes sense for both teams. Sheary has playoff experience, has played with crosby and brings some speed. Scoring is about par with Kahun and get a good depth 4th liner in Evan.

Sabres get a younger RFA third liner for their rebuild/whatever they're in right now.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Is it worth it for the Sabres to try Kahun at Center?

100% chance he gets played at center. The Sabres don't have great options at center, even Rodrigues played center this year and his numbers nose-dived.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
My goodness. Seems like a total failure to me. Unless Kahun’s concussion was such that they know he shouldn’t be playing...

I’m holding my nose hoping for the best.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
100% chance he gets played at center. The Sabres don't have great options at center, even Rodrigues played center this year and his numbers nose-dived.

No doubt on that:) I was wondering what the Pens fans thought though.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Ok with seeing Sheary back, but not too too thrilled at the expense of Kahun. Really liked the kid. But he was always injured it seemed

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
Terrible trade for the Pens, there was a reason that Sheary was no longer a Pen. This is probably another case of Sully helping to ship out a player (Kahun) he didn't like for whatever stubborn reason.

Reactions: Lustaf

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Pens, who are tight against the cap, obviously felt they could not extend Kahun next year within their budget structure. If that's the case, there's no doubt GMJR canvassed the league for other players/value he could have received for Kahun and determined this deal was the best deal for THIS season. Sure, if Kahun had a good remainder or this regular season and/or playoffs, he could have been traded for more in the summer, but obviously the Pens felt the combo of Sheary+Rodrigues > Kahun for THIS playoff run. Whether or not any of us agree with that or whether or not it proves to be a good move in the long run, this was obviously Rutherford's rationale for doing this trade now for two expiring contracts.

Reactions: Giskard and Turin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't think anyone should care about what that guy and his charts think about players.

Oh, absolutely.

Analytics are voodoo magic. Only fools pay attention to them.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Riptide and Lustaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad