Confirmed Trade: [PIT/BUF] Conor Sheary and Evan Rodrigues for Dominik Kahun

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
As a Pens fan I'm not sure I get this one. I liked Kahun. If we could have gotten one of those guys for a pick or something for depth then I would be fine with it but not sure I like dumping Kahun for those guys.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This is funny, Sheary back to Pittsburgh. Their lines are just loaded, Washington and Pittsburgh are probably going to meet in the playoffs and have an amazing series.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This is funny, Sheary back to Pittsburgh. Their lines are just loaded, Washington and Pittsburgh are probably going to meet in the playoffs and have an amazing series.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
And there it is. GMJR jumped the deadline day shark. We dealt a young, RFA to be 40 pt forward for 2 inferior rentals. Kahun was supposed to be Geno's LW this post season and then settle into 3LW or on Sid's RW long term. This is Despres for Lovejoy all over again. For now I think this gives us:

Zucker - Crosby - Simon
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Sheary - McCann - Hornqvist
Rodrigues - Blueger - Tanev
Lafferty - ZAR

I don't think that lineup is better than one with Kahun and one of Lafferty or ZAR in it.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
The only way this trade makes sense to me is that GMJR had plans to move on from Kahun this summer and used him to add an extra body for the playoffs.

Reactions: Dominance

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
And there it is. GMJR jumped the deadline day shark. We dealt a young, RFA to be 40 pt forward for 2 inferior rentals. Kahun was supposed to be Geno's LW this post season and then settle into 3LW or on Sid's RW long term. This is Despres for Lovejoy all over again. For now I think this gives us:

Zucker - Crosby - Simon
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Lafferty - ZAR

I don't think that lineup is better than one with Kahun and one of Lafferty or ZAR in it.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

Zucker - Crosby - Simon
Marleau - Malkin - Rust
Lafferty - ZAR

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
As a Pens fan, I was initially unhappy with this deal. But, Pens have a lot of players to sign next year, maybe Kahun would not fit. And McCurdy thinks Sheary is the best player in the trade. Still not thrilled, but whatevs.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
After Flyers games you could see Pens biggest weakness was F depth. And give Rutherford credit they are the favs in the metro now.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Love this as a Sabres fan. Kahun is a young RFA winger who can contribute.

Pittsburgh gets a known quantity in Sheary, who I'd reasonably expect to put up good numbers playing with Crosby again.

Rodrigues is a good energy forward. You'll never complain about his work ethic. His decision making and skill with the puck is a different issue, but he was snake bit this year compared to the previous one. He's also an RFA this summer, but will probably command less than Kahun.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
As much as this trade sucks, and I am not a fan of losing Kahun, at least he isnt going to be sitting in the press box when team is healthy. Sullivan didnt like him, he didnt use him, he was healthy scratch at the beginning of the season, and Sullivan trusted Simon more than Kahun. It doesnt matter that Kahun is actually a good, young player that could put up some great numbers if given a chance. Nope, Sullivan decided he doesnt like him since day 1 and that is it. Kahun was great steal for Maatta, but now they just gave him away. One trade that JR does well, then he goes and makes it bad.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Like this trade for the Sabres. I think Kahun will be good for 35 points and can create even though he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener whereas Sheary could catch lightning in a bottle with Crosby again but apart from that I don't see where he fits in our lineup. Rodrigues seems like a decent enough 4th liner but you can find those with ease.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00