Confirmed Trade: [PIT/ANA] Rickard Rakell (@65%) for Zach Aston-Reese, Dominik Simon, Calle Clang, and 2022 2nd round pick

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Hes been good at just about everything for us oddly enough. Even laying the body some which is a nice surprise. I can definitely see the point about him not being able to be the motor of a line but the guy is a perfect sidekick. Does the little stuff like disrupting opposition to get the puck/screening/etc to support the playmaker, gets to open spaces, gets good shot off the chances that are created for him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Rakell is quickly earning a nice pay bump.

Pittsburgh has their work cut out for themselves this summer. Malkin, Letang, Rust, Rakell, and Kapanen all up for a new contract.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rakell is quickly earning a nice pay bump.

Pittsburgh has their work cut out for themselves this summer. Malkin, Letang, Rust, Rakell, and Kapanen all up for a new contract.

I feel like Rakell will get a similar contract to what Toffoli got, regardless of how he finishes up the year.

Toffoli had 10 points in 10 games with the Canucks after getting traded by LA, but he signed in Montreal for 4 years at $4.25 million.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hes been good at just about everything for us oddly enough. Even laying the body some which is a nice surprise. I can definitely see the point about him not being able to be the motor of a line but the guy is a perfect sidekick. Does the little stuff like disrupting opposition to get the puck/screening/etc to support the playmaker, gets to open spaces, gets good shot off the chances that are created for him.

This is the perfect way to describe Rakell. He's not a line driver, but he's a great complimentary top 6 forward.

Reactions: Russian Factor

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell looks like a natural fit with both Crosby and Malkin. Really liking what he's shown so far.
He is really a natural fit with any top centers in the league...

unfortunetly anaheim hasnt had any top centers, in a number of years.

I think a lot of teams really missed out on Rakell at the deadline

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I feel like Rakell will get a similar contract to what Toffoli got, regardless of how he finishes up the year.

Toffoli had 10 points in 10 games with the Canucks after getting traded by LA, but he signed in Montreal for 4 years at $4.25 million.
That was also a year where there was still plenty of uncertainty surrounding the cap and COVID. With a more certain forecast and the pandemic (hopefully) winding down, I don’t see it.

Think it’ll be closer to a 5 x 5 than a 4 x 4, but part of that depends on his playoff performance. Rakell has been relatively underpaid his whole career, I think he’ll go to the highest bidder similar to Kadri.

Reactions: Pengu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad