Post-Game Talk: Pima Pounders @ Powhatan Eagles 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Not even mad. That's a win in my book unless someone can definitively show me the second goal. I like the Yotes so if any team has to steal a point and an RW from the Caps I guess I'm ok with it being them.

View attachment 276231

Samsonov got hosed.

Either way they shut it down and got a point.

They showed it on the broadcast. It was definitive.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
While I’d rather see them win, they got a point at least. Against a good team that always seems to give the Caps fits.

Plus, Kuz looked like he is getting back to his Conn Smythe form again.

Over a point per game and seems to be meshing very well with Vrana and Wilson.

Happy about the comeback. That showed some character.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I don't care that much honestly but I watched it like twenty times on both broadcasts and I couldn't see it.

But if consensus is it was a good goal, I will go with that.

Yeah, it's due to Coyotes scoring almost immediately after the review so they didn't get to showing it until some 5 mintes later. I mean Samsonov should put some finer mesh into his glove. He is stopping pucks not trying to protect baby salmon but that puck was definitely in the net.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, it's due to Coyotes scoring almost immediately after the review so they didn't get to showing it until some 5 mintes later. I mean Samsonov should put some finer mesh into his glove. He is stopping pucks not trying to protect baby salmon but that puck was definitely in the net.
If I was an NHL goalie, I would have my glove web catching area to be black so the puck would be hard to determine where it is in the closed catching area.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

:clap::snide::lol:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Not even mad. That's a win in my book unless someone can definitively show me the second goal. I like the Yotes so if any team has to steal a point and an RW from the Caps I guess I'm ok with it being them.

View attachment 276231

Samsonov got hosed.

Either way they shut it down and got a point.

I agree. I haven't seen the puck in conclusively...not at all.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
from NHL.com....with the overhead video of the puck settling in the back of the glove mesh...they did eventually show the overhead video during the game last night...several minutes after the goal.(you may have to sit thru an ad before the vid)

Reactions: tenken00

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I heard Joe B say "Panik is back in the lineup" and that's the only time I heard his name in this game.

I watched the NBC broadcast with Walton doing the play. I heard his name several times. Saw his number regularly. Not sure what Joe B was doing or why you didn't notice his name, but I noticed him just fine.

Reactions: Pomee

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I don't care that much honestly but I watched it like twenty times on both broadcasts and I couldn't see it.

But if consensus is it was a good goal, I will go with that.
There was one view where it looked like his glove completely crossed the goal line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Plus, Kuz looked like he is getting back to his Conn Smythe form again.

Over a point per game and seems to be meshing very well with Vrana and Wilson..

Lets not go overboard. There's a fair case to be made that Kuzy is riding a wave created by Wilson and Vrana. The Caps clearly have a big time line there but those are two dynamic wingers.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
First home game I’ve been to this season. November loss, meh. Came back and stole a point. Big gripe though, who is choosing our music this season? The goal song is awful and Country Roads is now a thing? What are we? St. Louis? Why and how did that get started? Trash.

DC has a rich musical heritage. There are no excuses for this crapola they play.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
DC has a rich musical heritage. There are no excuses for this crapola they play.

Seriously, it doesn't make sense that St. Lou has adopted Country Roads, and then for us to play it... It's like a hack covering a hack. The worst.

- How about some Go Go music during warm-ups (Chuck, Junk Yard, Trouble Funk, Rare Essence)? Come on....Bustin Loose!!
- Any band off the Dischord catalog (Fugazi, Minor Threat...they have a song called Seein Red FFS)
- Bad Brains
- Rollins is from DC
- Dave Grohl (FooFighters) is from Baileys Crossroads and recorded a FF song in Arlington about DC.
- metal band Darkest Hour has a song about the Caps
- Wale
- Moombahton - electro dance genre created in DC
- Slickee Boys, Urban Verbs, etc
- Link Wray - one of most influential rock guitar players ever lived and played in the DC area for years. I would love to hear Rumble played at a game.

I would loooove to know who plays the music there.

/rant

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
First home game I’ve been to this season. November loss, meh. Came back and stole a point. Big gripe though, who is choosing our music this season? The goal song is awful and Country Roads is now a thing? What are we? St. Louis? Why and how did that get started? Trash.

Country Roads? John Denver Country Roads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad