Post-Game Talk: Pima Pounders @ Powhatan Eagles 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Coyotes are a good team. Did well to just tie it back up.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Thought it was interesting how physical the Caps played after the 3 on 3 goal was called back. Arizona is soft as butter and just gave the puck up at the slightest contact.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
What pisses me off the most is that it has exactly nothing in common with structured hockey. It's a different game and it never made any sort of sense. Stupid idea. Sometimes I even stop watching and wait for the potential shootout instead.

Also destroys goalies stats which in my opinion is quite unfair.
I'm with you guys. 3 on 3 sucks. Teams play keep away and wait for a break.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm with you guys. 3 on 3 sucks. Teams play keep away and wait for a break.

Either that or stupid end to end skating. It's dumb either way. I'm always happy when there's a penalty to get rid of this bs at least temporarily. 4vs4 is great. Still structured hockey, just a bit more space out there. 3vs3 is unwatchable nonsense.

Reactions: Calicaps

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I've only been able to watch 3 full games this year including tonight. Couple of observations:

1) Caps look like they're having fun and love playing with each other, which I think this is a given but demonstrates such a great culture we have now.
2) Our older guys are aging great, including Oshie who will be 33 soon and has played physical his whole career.
3)John Carlson will win the Norris this year if he stays healthy, Samson will finish atleast top 3 in Calder.
4)This season will be judged on the end result--Cup or bust. All in all, love the team and they've got off to a great start.

Also, I'd like to extend my congratulations to all the National fans on the board, it's long overdue. Watching the Nats run made me wish I was a fan. If the dreaded Phillies can't win it, then I'm glad DC could bring it home. Also, you can take Bryce Harper back :) Congrats guys and gals!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not even mad. That's a win in my book unless someone can definitively show me the second goal. I like the Yotes so if any team has to steal a point and an RW from the Caps I guess I'm ok with it being them.

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 10.20.01 PM.png

Samsonov got hosed.

Either way they shut it down and got a point.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not even mad. That's a win in my book unless someone can definitively show me the second goal. I like the Yotes so if any team has to steal a point and an RW from the Caps I guess I'm ok with it being them.

View attachment 276231

Samsonov got hosed.

Either way they shut it down and got a point.
They showed another view. You could see the puck in his glove and it was clearly over the goal line. It was a good goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad