Speculation: Pietrangelo Zaitsev swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
How the f*** has a thread titled “Pietrangelo Zaitsev swap?” stayed open for 16 pages?

A thread titled “Lucic Tarasenko swap?” would be closed after 16 posts, and yet Maple Leafs fans still swear this forum is biased against them...

Reactions: Snowman

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Kapanen is getting absolutely **** on in a porta potty in this thread. Do people know who he is or is just another "I've never seen him play but if he's Leafs property, he's probably over-hyped, pass."

I think it’s more of a we need a top defenseman more than a forward,draft picks and/or prospects. But that seemingly tends to get overlooked in every Toronto thread for some reason. I mean we are playing like an AHL team. Are we your affiliate now?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I think it’s more of a we need a top defenseman more than a forward,draft picks and/or prospects. But that seemingly tends to get overlooked in every Toronto thread for some reason. I mean we are playing like an AHL team. Are we your affiliate now?
I understand the trade doesn't fit the needs. But Kapanen is not a spare part and would be a nice addition for anyone in any deal. I realize it needs to be him + other quality stuff you aren't seeing in this randomly speculated proposal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No
Kapanen is getting absolutely **** on in a porta potty in this thread. Do people know who he is or is just another "I've never seen him play but if he's Leafs property, he's probably over-hyped, pass."
No one has said one bad thing about him.he just isn't as good as nylander or marner. Which is the level of player needed for petro.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

You have Parakyo and Pieterangelo, and you need a top D man? From the scores I've seen and Allen's save % you need scoring

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
For a 1 year rental? Your not gonna get anywhere close to that. Just look at the return Karlsson got.

Karlsson is or was viewed as probably the best O d man in the league. Pieterangelo is probably top 5 ot 10. I look to the package Ottaws gave up to get Duchene (though a center) as a bench mark. The leafs have talent in the AHL that several NHL teams could use on there 3rd or 4th line. Kapenen is proving to be top 6 forward, he even did well while Matthew's was injured. Since Johnssons hatty, hes been on fire as well. Zaitsev is a good top 4 stay at home D stops the cycle etc, but the way the leafs play the perfect mould of a D that would do well in our own zone and yet create is Rielly and in this thread Pieterangelo.

In saying all that I feel like Nick just through out a possibility, without any reason. Saying Armstrong isn't shopping him, but leads are interested, duh, why wouldn't we be.

Lastly due to his injury and terrible start, I think the price maybe lower than it would've been at any other time

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I think his point was we can't trade Petro or Parayko unless it's for a substantial return because then we'd need a top end defenseman.

Well if you have 2, and need scoring and get a good haul then you still have 1, and the rest of your D is good, however this yr for whatever reason it's the entire teams D that's the problem. To me team D is a bigger part than just position players.

2 reasons the leafs are top 3 in the NhL. Mostly scoring, and Andy has been stellar, but for a team that could use top 4 maybe top 2 RHD our actual defense position players haven't been horrible. Last night when we got killed the whole team stunk real bad in both zones. That's typically a bigger deal than on pure position.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
On the CBC Saturday Headlines, Kypreos mentioned the Leafs could make a play for Pietrangelo, involving Zaitsev and more going back to the Blues. Thoughts?
Wait... what? No way Zaitsev has anywhere near the kind of value to be the core piece is a trade for Pietrangelo, even as a rental. He would have to be a minor part in a bigger deal to net the Leafs him.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Also it makes sense to trade map or johnsson (I'd keep kappa personally) as both are rfas and leafs have a lot to do between now and July 1st in that sense. Why not have one less guy to worry about while bolstering the blue line

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Wait... what? No way Zaitsev has anywhere near the kind of value to be the core piece is a trade for Pietrangelo, even as a rental. He would have to be a minor part in a bigger deal to net the Leafs him.

He would be a minor part, the $ part because Pieterangelo makes a million more. With how Kapenen is playing, and lately Johssson (who I think now with confidence will keep this up) you have a start of a big trade. Now you add a top prospect or 1st rounder and I don't think it's far off. Remember trade is about timing, so 1 he is on the LTIR, 2 hes had a terrible 1st quater and some. Meaning his price is at a low in comparison to if say this came up this summer. I don't think itll happen but its interesting to talk about

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
How the **** has a thread titled “Pietrangelo Zaitsev swap?” stayed open for 16 pages?

A thread titled “Lucic Tarasenko swap?” would be closed after 16 posts, and yet Maple Leafs fans still swear this forum is biased against them...
The world is against Toronto.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He would be a minor part, the $ part because Pieterangelo makes a million more. With how Kapenen is playing, and lately Johssson (who I think now with confidence will keep this up) you have a start of a big trade. Now you add a top prospect or 1st rounder and I don't think it's far off. Remember trade is about timing, so 1 he is on the LTIR, 2 hes had a terrible 1st quater and some. Meaning his price is at a low in comparison to if say this came up this summer. I don't think itll happen but its interesting to talk about
So lesser pieces for a great elite Dman. Start with marner

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Well kappenan and nylander are under payment.
If you think so feel free to pass on trading with the Leafs. I wish the Blues the best of luck turning around their season with their current core.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
So lesser pieces for a great elite Dman. Start with marner

Are you crazy haha..that's a good one a 20yr old with over 40pts for a guy on LTIR who is having his worst season ever. Good luck to you there. I didn't say Kyperos has it right but Marner Matthew's JT and Dubas has said Nylander as well are all untouchable.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You have Parakyo and Pieterangelo, and you need a top D man? From the scores I've seen and Allen's save % you need scoring
Currently we only have parayko. If we trade petro we then will need another rhd. Just stop over thinking this.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If you think so feel free to pass on trading with the Leafs. I wish the Blues the best of luck turning around their season with their current core.
The blues fans have been saying no this entire thread. We do not want to trade how hard is it for you guys to figure out

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Why would you shake up your best players ones you can't replace and ones that most teams never have. What o think is blues are doing poorly and the vultures are trying to circle. Offer real value, not quantity for quality then we can talk. If uouvwanna say well mcdonagh got this or karlson got that. Then I say that Larsson got this ect.

I grow tired of this arguement offer up marner or nylander as a basis or move on.
its not marner or nylander anymore its nylander or kapanen.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Currently we only have parayko. If we trade petro we then will need another rhd. Just stop over thinking this.

I'm allowed to speculate and give an opinion. As I also said I don't see it happening. Not even traded to another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad