Speculation: Pietrangelo Zaitsev swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lol then no to petro. So now that's settled we can move onto going after other teams best players.

As much as Kypreos is a dolt he has a hell of a lot more clout than you do. So aslong as he puts it out there people will want to discuss it, disagreeing dont grant you the power to end threads my man.

You should consider taking a break from these threads, they only seem to piss you off.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Pietrangelo is a good d man but in 5 years Rasmus Sandin alone will be a more valuable asset. That’s the equivalent of 3 first round picks for a year and a half of an injured Pietrangelo.

Easy pass.
Take your head out of the clouds. Ones a prospect with great potential and the other is a #1 RHD.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
As much as Kypreos is a dolt he has a hell of a lot more clout than you do. So aslong as he puts it out there people will want to discuss it, disagreeing dont grant you the power to end threads my man.

You should consider taking a break from these threads, they only seem to piss you off.
Maybee your fan base should start makingvrealistic offers. You sit here and want one of the best players on the blues but your top players are off limits. Good luck with that.

Also I get it, since nylander is now s signed it's time to hound other fan bases for their best players for a bunch of lesser pieces. Please continue to do so. Kypreos is an idiot. Almost as bad as round and Friedman. Let's throw sheet on a wall and see what sticks. I guarantee if he said marner for petro your entire fan base would be up in arms about it.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Let’s not get crazy here. I don’t mind over paying to get a great player but I guess there just isn’t a deal to be made then.
Why is marner over payment. Or is it you just don't want to give to get easier to give up a lot of lesser to get your stud. Honestly you guys are better off waiting for liljgren.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I think we are going to see a Ryan McDonagh or Erik Karlsson type return for Alex Pietrangelo. I really think the proposed trade by @Contenderorpretender was really solid. The market for these types of players is about what is being traded.

To STL
Nikita Zaitsev
Kasperi Kapanen
Rasmus Sandrin
2020 1st round pick (TOR)

To TOR
Alex Pietrangelo

I've explained previously why the Blues/Petro don't fit the other trades of EK and McDonagh in circumstance, it's up to you if you want to ignore important contextual factors.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Also just read from eklund that marner may be in play with the potential Mathews offersheeting and potential Mathews salary requirements. This would cause the leafs to not be able to resign marner cpikd be odd man out. So let's talk about petro - marner as a basis. Maybe with that blues could take on zaits contract to help out?

Reactions: Snowman

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Why is marner over payment. Or is it you just don't want to give to get easier to give up a lot of lesser to get your stud. Honestly you guys are better off waiting for liljgren.
Nylander, lilljren and the 1st was over payment.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Maybe. But the blues are in a very similar position to the rangers last year. An older, underperforming team that had very high expectations going into the year. The problem with "hockey" trades are cap issues and what playoff team wants to trade a "star" player to get one in return. Those are rare occurrence.

You may want to have a look at the Blues core group and their age range. You'll find the older players are primarily support guys at this point that will all eventually get cycled out. LD Bouwmeester, LD Gunnarsson, RD Bortuzzo, LW Maroon are all expiring contracts so quite a bit of money freed up on defense after this year. So the Blues can give Edmundson a decent raise and pursue another LD in either free agency, trade or Mikkola called up to be a 3rd pair guy.

Steen, Perron and Bozak are a different story of course as all have term. These contracts will obviously be tougher to move and I'm sure the Blues will be stuck with them at least this season and possibly multiple seasons. Really depends on the market and I'm sure Steen at least might be an attractive option to some team as his deal starts to wind down. Perron produces well for what he makes so with 3 more years after this season at 4 mil AAV it's not a terrible deal. Bozak will have 2 years @ 5mil AAV remaining after this year and centers tend to be in demand. So if these are the guys you're referencing then sure it's an issue.

However, you also have ROR, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Fabbri, Thomas, Kyrou up front. You have Petro, Parayko, Edmundson and Dunn on defense. That's not an old core and one you'd be better off tweaking than blowing up.

Selling off Petro would signal a rebuild that isn't happening under this ownership group and it's stated goal of becoming a Cup contender. It would also require the Blues to sell off several other prime assets which also isn't happening.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Kapanen is getting absolutely shit on in a porta potty in this thread. Do people know who he is or is just another "I've never seen him play but if he's Leafs property, he's probably over-hyped, pass."

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
ZAitsev is for cap purposes. Not the centre piece.
So, then there needs to be more coming from Toronto. If you want to St. Louis to bail you out on a terrible contract and take Zaitsev as a cap dump, you need to compensate them for that. Plus it would need to be significant compensation as the are stuck with Zaitsev for what, 5 more years.

None of the offers I've seen here compensate the Blues for taking Zaitsev and then also add sufficient value to acquire AP.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I'll do it for Nylander straight up in the off-season (I think 20 of his 45 million will be paid out by then) as long as it comes with an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad