Speculation: Pietrangelo Zaitsev swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Mentioned Zaitsev, pick, prospect plus a young speedy forward either Kapanen or Johnsson.

Don't think this would happen as I don't think the Blues would want Zaitsev's contract and I don't think the Leafs would pay the price to make the deal.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I guess Kapanen + Grundstrom + 1st is plausible. Other teams would beat it though.

Really don't think St. Louis would take Zaitsev. That's a big anchor.

Reactions: Snowman

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Kypreos just suggested that the Leafs could move Zaitsev+JohnssonORKapanen+picks&players for Pietrangelo lmfao

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
I missed 99% of the segment but came back and only saw kyper mumbling about petro and zaitsev and started laughing. What exactly did kyper say lol?

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I'd obviously deal anything remotely close to that package for Pietrangelo, but I don't think the Blues are that desperate to deal potentially their best player signed for this year and next for that.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
if the blues accepted Kapanen + Zaitsev + 1st/any leafs prospect for Pietrangelo, that would go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history unless the pick became a top 5 one that turned into a star player.

Reactions: Snowman

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
On the CBC Saturday Headlines, Kypreos mentioned the Leafs could make a play for Pietrangelo, involving Zaitsev and more going back to the Blues. Thoughts?
Maple Leafs fans are much smarter than to believe that a Zaitsev, kapenen and pick would come anywhere close to nabbing a top 10 d man in the league.

He’s a foundation piece and as such, a major piece would need to come back.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad