Pierre-Luc Dubois: first career Hat-Trick for the rookie!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It ain't over for Pulju yet. Just look at guys like the Sedins, for example. Sometimes, it takes a while for players to bloom and he had huge potential going in to the draft, with international numbers matching all-time greats. I'll be patient.

However, for immediate help, Jarmo definitely made the right choice.

And long term he made the right call taking a C. Big bodied C are hard to find.

Patience is also important. No draft should be evaluated until 5 years.
I mean, last season, most would have Barkov ahead of McKinnon. This season, Mac has retaken that #1 spot from the 2013 draft.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
And people were laughing at Jarmo at the draft. LOL at Oilers picking Puljujarvi. Propably the biggest finnish bust ever. He shouldn't have propably been drafted at all even during the later rounds, let alone at the top of the draft.
Trollololol comment. Kids 19.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh? Few weeks ago their fans wanted him out.
Nope. A small handful of fans were starting to doubt Tortorella, not Kekalainen. The last time folks were considering firing Kekalainen was when he hired Tortorella (and I was part of that mob, 'cause I didn't forsee Torts legit changing his ways - never been happier to be proven wrong :) ).

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Jackets are firing on all cylinders right now, not a team anyone should want to face in the 1st round.
CBJ vs Washington would be interesting.Washington typically struggles in the first round and CBJ could be a big problem.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
CBJ vs Washington would be interesting.Washington typically struggles in the first round and CBJ could be a big problem.

ya i like that match-up as well. Two teams that are big and you have huge russian superstars on each team with OV/kuz & Panarin/Bob...great matchup for first round.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Whatever team plays the Flames will get one hat trick from one special player! So, pick him wisely!

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Oh the memories of some of the fans from Canada in the WJHCs GDTs saying what a bust he was going to be. I don't see a superstar in him from a pure hockey perspective. But there's no denying his strength on the puck and along the boards. His two way game is really really really good for such a young player. Looks like he has all the tools and the toolbox to go with it. His ceiling looks through the roof right now. And he comes across in his interviews as such a humble kid. Will be a pleasure watching him for years to come.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Dubois,Vanek, Atkinson and Panarin have all had hat tricks in the last 8 games. So I was wrong, a few more games but still. The jackets haven't had any all season before this month
You were right 4 of last 5 road games while having only 1ppg in the last 11. If we can stay even strength we can actually score haha. The PP hurts more then helps.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
And long term he made the right call taking a C. Big bodied C are hard to find.

Patience is also important. No draft should be evaluated until 5 years.
I mean, last season, most would have Barkov ahead of McKinnon. This season, Mac has retaken that #1 spot from the 2013 draft.
And next year it easily could be Jones.

Reactions: Inglewood JMFJ

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yep. All because of a bad WJC.
It's because they played him on the wing. I argued if they take him in the team don't play him in wing or he won't thrive and tada. He is another level player at C. Look at his numbers pre center move in the Q. His game truly took off.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I remember CBJ getting roasted for taking him instead of Puljujarvi. What do you know...NHL teams know more than the average poster on HFBoards.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad