Pierre-Luc Dubois: first career Hat-Trick for the rookie!

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Who were the "jump to conclusioners" that claimed this guy was a huge disappointment or bust after last year?

Good for Dubois. Looks like he's adapted to the NHL game quickly. Not sure what happened to Wennberg but CBJ need Dubois to be that big center to replace Johansen's impact.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I know Z is my dude though I'd be fine with a tie. Werenski had an amazing rookie season, imo better then PLD. So I want him to keep the points record and PLD to hit 20g. A tie is fine just don't outright take it. =)
Werenski was able to be sheltered by Jones all season last year and this year. Dubois hasn't had that luxury. Dubinsky got hurt and Wennberg disappeared, leaving him, Sedlak and Foligno. It was sink or swim and he's done a damn good job staying above water this season.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Werenski was able to be sheltered by Jones all season last year and this year. Dubois hasn't had that luxury. Dubinsky got hurt and Wennberg disappeared, leaving him, Sedlak and Foligno. It was sink or swim and he's done a damn good job staying above water this season.
Him, Anderson and Panarin basically carried the team for at least a few weeks. He's had to shoulder a ton of responsibility and he's performed beyond all expectations. Someone putting up a ton of points on a terrible team is going to win the Calder and that's fine, but I personally wouldn't trade Dubois for any of them.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I see Toews as his likely potential, Benn as his max.

I think he’s more of a offensive than Coutourier.

Coots has 31 goals.. 71 points. +26 this season. I think you’re undervaluing Couturier immensely, friend.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
And people were laughing at Jarmo at the draft. LOL at Oilers picking Puljujarvi. Propably the biggest finnish bust ever. He shouldn't have propably been drafted at all even during the later rounds, let alone at the top of the draft.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
And people were laughing at Jarmo at the draft. LOL at Oilers picking Puljujarvi. Propably the biggest finnish bust ever. He shouldn't have propably been drafted at all even during the later rounds, let alone at the top of the draft.

It ain't over for Pulju yet. Just look at guys like the Sedins, for example. Sometimes, it takes a while for players to bloom and he had huge potential going in to the draft, with international numbers matching all-time greats. I'll be patient.

However, for immediate help, Jarmo definitely made the right choice.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Jarmo has made The Jackets a very good team. Hes done some good trades, signings and drafting.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
He went into bit of a lull there for a while. Good to see him get some production going, although the level of fight left in Calgary isn't all that great tbh. but if he finishes out the season strong, he'll be a welcomed addition to Team Canada at the WHC should he become available.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
It’s like the Flames are just handing out hat tricks lately

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
William Karlsson, Evander Kane, and now Dubois all had their first career hat tricks against the Flames in the past month so it’s like the reverse for the Flames
Dubois,Vanek, Atkinson and Panarin have all had hat tricks in the last 8 games. So I was wrong, a few more games but still. The jackets haven't had any all season before this month

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jackets are also number 2 in the nhl in goal scoring by defenseman , behind Nashville . While we all tooting Keks performance as a gm, look at Markus Nutivaara. He was a 7th round pick in the 2015 draft, and has 7 goals and 16 assist in 60 games this season, and has the potential to be another great defenseman in the NHL. He was just resigned yesterday to a 4 yr extension at 2.7 mill per season , which is a steal when you watch him play .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad