Speculation: Pierre LeBrun confirms Habs shopping

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I get that we want to trade some players, but given our track record of getting screwed more often than not, I don't see why some people see trading as the solution to our problems.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I get that we want to trade some players, but given our track record of getting screwed more often than not, I don't see why some people see trading as the solution to our problems.

The only trades Bergevin should make are those that shed salary at the deadline for a role player (roster guy for playoffs) and pick/prospect.

Of course I'm talking about Bourque, Diaz and Gionta. Now the real issue here is, who wants what we don't?

habitue*

The only trades Bergevin should make are those that shed salary at the deadline for a role player (roster guy for playoffs) and pick/prospect.

Of course I'm talking about Bourque, Diaz and Gionta. Now the real issue here is, who wants what we don't?

Add Briere to your list, please.

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
I still believe Bourque has abit of his scoring touch left if he's playing with the right players. He needs a change of scenery. He's useless in MTL.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'm not talking about two players only. Habs roster for Ducks roster would be better at this point
The worst thing is... I really like our roster. We have a good team, or a team in a really good position. Begevin's constant misdealings took a lot of momentum away from the overall direction we were heading -- but if the players really DO have character then a new coach should be able to set things straight.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm pretty sure Sather was looking at Gomez and wanted to cry, then he got a phone call from Bob Gainey so keep faith people.
Ah yes, the old standbye - hope that somebody dumber than us comes to save us. Strangely this never seems to work. Well, except in the case of Jose Theodore.
Should've dealt Bourque around the same time when he still had the myth of a productive power forward circling around him like Cole

Another bad contract or maybe a 5th unless MB has pics on someone or packages someone useful and eats salary
Never should've picked up Bourque to begin with... not without a first coming back anyway.
The worst thing is... I really like our roster. We have a good team, or a team in a really good position. Begevin's constant misdealings took a lot of momentum away from the overall direction we were heading -- but if the players really DO have character then a new coach should be able to set things straight.
The offseason was a joke. Even then though we should still be seeing better than what we've gotten. Defense has been bad but my God the offense has dropped off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad