Speculation: Pierre LeBrun confirms Habs shopping

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
ESPN's Pierre LeBrun confirms Habs shopping Rene Bourque. Marc Bergervin has been in contact with a western team about trading Rene Bourque. Speculation the team could be Anahiem Ducks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
ESPN's Pierre LeBrun confirms Habs shopping Rene Bourque. Marc Bergervin has been in contact with a western team about trading Rene Bourque. Speculation the team could be Anahiem Ducks.

Interesting.. the Ducks always get boned by Toronto in trades.. maybe it's our turn to do the same.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Only trade I could see working is Bourque for Fasth (unless we win the trade) - which I'd turn down. I prefer Bourque and Budaj to Fasth and some random player.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I think its going to be a trash for trash trade someone like Daniel Winnik for Rene Bourque.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Meh. Bergevin should shop Bourque in the summer unless he gets an equally overpaid enigma guy to shake up the pea soup. The way the NHL exec works, I'd just trade him in the summer. We could use him in the playoffs. Same as Brière.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
why would the Ducks make a trade when they lost something like 1 game in the last 4 weeks?

Maybe because they feel the deal could still improve the team? I get what you're saying. But just because they're winning, doesn't mean that they can't acquire players that would better the lineup.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Somehow I don't see a team taking Bourque without Habs giving up additional assets or taking a worse contract.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Maybe because they feel the deal could still improve the team? I get what you're saying. But just because they're winning, doesn't mean that they can't acquire players that would better the lineup.

and you think they would think they'd get better with Bourque? I understand what your saying too, but I really doubt they'll go ahead and trade anything valuable right now

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Bourque to Anaheim makes no sense whatsoever. I've been watching the Ducks all year long, they already have TOO many NHL caliber players on the roster. Why would they trade for a lazy overpaid player?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Does Drewwwhiskeeey have a brother we could get?

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
and you think they would think they'd get better with Bourque? I understand what your saying too, but I really doubt they'll go ahead and trade anything valuable right now

No, I don't think they'd want Bourque. Or at least, they wouldn't just want Bourque... (as in, Bourque wouldn't be the main thing they want, more like a sidemeal, a bad one at that)

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure Sather was looking at Gomez and wanted to cry, then he got a phone call from Bob Gainey so keep faith people.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Bourque to Anaheim makes no sense whatsoever. I've been watching the Ducks all year long, they already have TOO many NHL caliber players on the roster. Why would they trade for a lazy overpaid player?

They signed one in Penner and its done wonders for his game. Penner known as a lazy player is thriving in Anaheim's system.

Not saying Bourque would for sure. Bourque and Penner used to produce similar numbers too. Penner was just not producing but he starting working at other things in his game. Then he has found his game again in Anaheim. I think Bourque would fit their system. Maybe not to a tee but they would be able to use him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad