Speculation: Pierre LeBrun confirms Habs shopping

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Trade Gionta while you're at it to.

Hahaha just kidding, it would be nearly impossible to trade one bum, let alone two.

Gionta has been alright this year. Playing good defense and his production is decent too considering he tore both biceps.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
It's going to be a 7th rounder and the rights to rename the Ducks' arena to: Bank of Montreal Center.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Bourque is this team's biggest problem. As soon as he's gone we'll be rip roaring away.

I know right? I don't want some other team's problem player. I'd just keep him unless we can get a pick for him magically.

We should shop Gionta around. Maybe some team's dumb enough to give us something of value for him.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
The last time a GM stole a player in a trade was in the 1990s when Vancouver stole Nasland for a fighter who never really played.Naslund was a star for 10 yrs and captain

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The last time a GM stole a player in a trade was in the 1990s when Vancouver stole Nasland for a fighter who never really played.Naslund was a star for 10 yrs and captain

Neal + Niskanen for ****ing Goligoski?

Ribeiro for Niniima ?

McDo for Gomez

I mean....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Stealing a guy via trade almost never happens anymore, but it does, and unfortunately we have been on the wrong end recently ( Gomez/McD )

MB knows the Western Conference, look for him to make a deal out there...

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
How about that trade that got use Guy Lafleur in the 70's? I don't know the exact story but as I understand it, Lafleur was the consensus #1 and the Habs had the Oakland Seals first round pick from a previous trade.

The L.A Kings were the worst team in the league so we traded a player to L.A for pratically nothing and that trade sprung them to second last, giving Oakland (Habs) the #1 overall pick!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
You want an improved team? Advantageous trades may or may not be there. Try chopping MT and see if that doesn't raise the morale and level of play of the team.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
How about that trade that got use Guy Lafleur in the 70's? I don't know the exact story but as I understand it, Lafleur was the consensus #1 and the Habs had the Oakland Seals first round pick from a previous trade.

The L.A Kings were the worst team in the league so we traded a player to L.A for pratically nothing and that trade sprung them to second last, giving Oakland (Habs) the #1 overall pick!
Is was great getting Lafleur but would we of been any worse having to draft Marcel Dionne;)

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm pretty sure Sather was looking at Gomez and wanted to cry, then he got a phone call from Bob Gainey so keep faith people.

Yeah, well Gainey & Gauthier have had their cell phones taken away and they are in no position to comfort any more GMs. So i w ouldn't hold my breath.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I would trade Borque, Gionta, Diaz,Gorges,DD,and Moen, bring in young guys for cheaper and build from there.

Because things are just that simple... I'm sure every NHL team is clamouring to trade their youth for declining veterans.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00