Pierre Dorion's trade tracker

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Gotta give Dorion some credit for acquiring Anders Nilsson for teachers pet Tom Pyatt.

Nilsson
Namestnikov
Duclair
C. Brown
Zaitsev

He should stick to the "small" trades I think.

Although I must admit; Davidsson, Abramov, Balcers and Norris do look pretty awesome right now too.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Updating this bad boy this weekend.

Thought PD should have been fired on July 18, 2018 when he traded Mika Zibanejad. Glad people are waking up to his incompetency.

Great amateur scout. Terrible pro talent evaluator. In way over his head as a GM.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Updating this bad boy this weekend.

Thought PD should have been fired on July 18, 2018 when he traded Mika Zibanejad. Glad people are waking up to his incompetency.

Great amateur scout. Terrible pro talent evaluator. In way over his head as a GM.

100% agree. He still has time to show that he can adapt and learn from his mistakes. Get rid of Reilly so Smith stops playing him for gods sake

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Failure to properly address D last off-season is his single biggest catastrophe so far. That Murray extension brutal too, especially with the defense in place. I can't believe we went from discussing trading for Sergachev and/or Pulock/Cernak to what we currently have. 2nd for Stepan atrocious.

This was a huge off-season to insulate the boys with proper talent, he failed on every front. Dadonov was a great move, I really liked Gudbranson too, but not in CONJUNCTION with Reilly, Brown and Coburn. Absymal.

Worst part is, there were many, many defenders who were moved and we failed to grab the better ones.

Reactions: lancepitlick

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
upload_2021-2-3_8-6-2.png

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I can’t stand the guy.
But if brannstrom and sokolov work out (really well) it will look a lot better and some things can be forgiven.
The zibanejad and Hoffman trades are a couple of the worst I’ve seen and won’t be forgotten. The stone trade has strong potential to join that pile.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
No to insult our past GM Murray (RIP), but Dorion was his protege, and you could see this very pattern from 2008 on. Dorion hasn't put much of his own stamp on things, just more of the same.

They keep trading good players away for draft picks, and once they are good, they trade them away for more draft picks (again).

I'll blame Melnyk's money problems on it, just to save face for Mr. Murray.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I can’t stand the guy.
But if brannstrom and sokolov work out (really well) it will look a lot better and some things can be forgiven.
The zibanejad and Hoffman trades are a couple of the worst I’ve seen and won’t be forgotten. The stone trade has strong potential to join that pile.

I just cannot understand the enthusiasm with Sokolov as a future NHLer. He seems like a quirky and nice kid, but there's a reason he was passed twice in the draft. Hell, who knows where he would've been drafted if the Sens didn't pick him at 61.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad