Confirmed with Link: Pierre Dorion Scheduled To Speak (11am, Sept. 23rd)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Missed the context here, was in in reference to the standings, or players competing for roster spots?

It was pretty vague. Started out as a question on adjusting for cap realities and then that's what he finished with.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Hayley is the only person who can ask a competent question lol

But not much there in the meeting

Reactions: DJB

MCNSTY

Sep 15, 2020
Confirmed we won’t be spending money in FA market.
He did circle back around and talked about potentially adding a veteran guy or two.

Obviously there won’t be any big splashes, but could see some type of FA or trade addition(s).

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He showed lots of appropriate respect, that last bit imo made the rest feel a bit less genuine imo. Not a big deal or anything, but more fodder for the "PR" Dorion nickname.
Anderson was great in 2017 playoffs. EK was other worldly but they were both the only reasons we got to game 7 of the ECF.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dorion gets a little excited sometimes.

I'll give him a pass on the Andy stuff. He could have just said "our best playoff goalie" in Senators history which would be true.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yup. We will be competitive in all our losses.

If we are competitive in all our losses next year then that would be hugee developmental success considering the amount of prospects we will see playing next year.

Anderson was great in 2017 playoffs. EK was other worldly but they were both the only reasons we got to game 7 of the ECF.

As critical as I have been of him, Ryan was freaking awesome those playoffs too.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
About what I expected
-Props to Pierre for being honest. Boo that he can't get Boro's name right after all this time.
-I'm surprised they're talking to the remaining UFAs. Hainsey as a 3rd pairing guy, I guess. Sabourin and Peca though...why?
-Not at all surprised that they are looking for internal solutions. This is a team with money issues to begin with and the COVID and post-COVID economy is not going to be pretty. On top of that, the team was horrible last year. Getting sponsorship money and selling tickets is going to be tough.
-The Sens will be a young and cap floor team next year. Likely Detroit 2019-20 bad. Hopefully the lumps they take next season will be worth it down the road as they try to become a competitive team.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Glad to hear they're turning the page on Anderson. He's been done for 3 years and should really hang em up and move on to the next stage of life.

I still think he could win a Cup as an experienced back-up somewhere. He lurks in the bushes, biding his time, and then swoops in for the glory and accolades.

(Just as long as the opposition doesn't know about the wraparounds)

Part of me thinks that it's not really a coincidence that "him being done" is around the same time where we "stopped being competitive" as a hockey team.

Anyway, maybe that's just wishful thinking.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
About what I expected
-Props to Pierre for being honest. Boo that he can't get Boro's name right after all this time.
-I'm surprised they're talking to the remaining UFAs. Hainsey as a 3rd pairing guy, I guess. Sabourin and Peca though...why?
-Not at all surprised that they are looking for internal solutions. This is a team with money issues to begin with and the COVID and post-COVID economy is not going to be pretty. On top of that, the team was horrible last year. Getting sponsorship money and selling tickets is going to be tough.
-The Sens will be a young and cap floor team next year. Likely Detroit 2019-20 bad. Hopefully the lumps they take next season will be worth it down the road as they try to become a competitive team.

This "rebuild" is a complete sham if this ends up happening. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but they'd better win 30 games. Detroit was on pace to win 19-20.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Grant Mccagg said that if LA takes Stutzle, then Ottawa may very well take Sanderson at 3, then choose whoever is left between Byfield and Perfetti.

This would be such a Dorion move.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
What a listless interview - no new information came out of it. Andy gone, Boro gone, no legit FAs to be signed...I guess the update suggesting Nilsson still being injured (concussion) is concerning as it has been 9 months. And they are making DJ Smith work doubleshift for his money as he is also now a scout. Say hello again to Uncle Ronnie?

Reactions: NyQuil

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Grant Mccagg said that if LA takes Stutzle, then Ottawa may very well take Sanderson at 3, then choose whoever is left between Byfield and Perfetti.

Well there was a team on Bob's list that had Sanderson at #3 and Byfield at #6. It would be dumb since there's probably a better chance of Sanderson being available at 5 than Byfield.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I highly doubt that's the case and he's been wrong more than once.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Grant Mccagg is a massive Sanderson fan, he's been pushing for him all year. It sounds like he's throwing shit at the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad