Confirmed with Link: Pierre Dorion Scheduled To Speak (11am, Sept. 23rd)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I am ready for all the repetitive, snarky, and negative takes on what ever he says... :naughty:
People are passionate and love their hockey team, when the guy who is paid to run the franchise (basically by himself) has a difficult time speaking in public, he opens himself up to all the repetitive, snarky and negative takes. I dont think we need to rehash how things got to this point again, as its being discussed in about 3-4 threads right now.

With that being said, he has made himself must watch/listen because we have no idea what hole him may dig himself this time.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
How do we listen to it?
Online from the TSN/iheartradio website.
TSN Ottawa

I expect bland statements about new jerseys, how excited fans should be, team will be ready for new season (whenever that is), Cdn Tire centre helping Ottawa with Covid-19 test site in parking lot, etc. I think he's just putting the team back on the radar but I would not expect any actual announcements or a media release. This is dipping his toe in the pool to check the temperature.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You do know there really won’t be any info, just comments on how excited about where they are in building the team and how important the draft will be. Blah, blah
I have been following this team for many years, I am well aware that PD never gives us anything of substance, thus the usual criticism which is well deserved.

Reactions: Senscore

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I have been following this team for many years, I am well aware that PD never gives us anything of substance, thus the usual criticism which is well deserved.
What substance would you like to hear.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Will be a nothing interview, just talking about how happy they are with where they are in the rebuild, talking about how we are getting big pieces at the draft, and talking about our jerseys.

Could send out Sparty without the speech and he could probably summarise what's about to be said.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
What substance would you like to hear.
Have a browse through twitter and have a look at JR's tweet about what people would like to hear asked. HFBoards Sens isn't the only place where people feel this way.

Or look at the link above..lol

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Have a browse through twitter and have a look at JR's tweet about what people would like to hear asked. HFBoards Sens isn't the only place where people feel this way.
I’m not questioning your position I’m just genuinely curious what he could tell us which would have any substance.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Or look at the link above..lol
HFBoards Sens is definitely NOT the pulse of the general public's mood. Most people that I know that follow the Sens have no idea what HFBoards Sens even is. And if I explained it, they would not understand why anyone would bother with it. Forums only appeal to a small subset of the fanbase. Most people just look on Twitter or regular news sources.

Reactions: BondraTime

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I’m not questioning your position I’m just genuinely curious what he could tell us which would have any substance.
and if he told us something really important people would complain that he's revealing too much and tipping his hand.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
HFBoards Sens is definitely NOT the pulse of the general public's mood. Most people that I know that follow the Sens have no idea what HFBoards Sens even is. And if I explained it, they would not understand why anyone would bother with it. Forums only appeal to a small subset of the fanbase. Most people just look on Twitter or regular news sources.
That's exactly what he said...but it looks like the mood on twitter is the same as it is here.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad