Confirmed with Link: Pierre Dorion Scheduled To Speak (11am, Sept. 23rd)

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Nothing in the real world, just something Melnyk dreamed up the night before after a few cocktails.

I’m not sure what Covid will do to the numbers but I believe his spending was a true statement if you look the sens refinanced 150 million in debt and that seemed to be his cut off no more debt.
He got 16 million from Vegas and the debt was refinanced at 135 million. Seattle will be giving the sens 21 million so I would imagine the debt will sit at 115 million after that allowing the team to lose 7 million a year for 5 years followed with a sale if profits do not result from a good rebuild and a decent payroll.
This Covid thing could easily eat the Seattle money this year and it’s right back where it started.
Oyyy

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweatred

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m not sure what Covid will do to the numbers but I believe his spending was a true statement if you look the sens refinanced 150 million in debt and that seemed to be his cut off no more debt.
He got 16 million from Vegas and the debt was refinanced at 135 million. Seattle will be giving the sens 21 million so I would imagine the debt will sit at 115 million after that allowing the team to lose 7 million a year for 5 years followed with a sale if profits do not result from a good rebuild and a decent payroll.
This Covid thing could easily eat the Seattle money this year and it’s right back where it started.
Oyyy
He also added a 30M LOC to the 135M in 2018.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Oyyy
Hoggin all the top shelf at the dispensary I see. Send some my way and Ill agree.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dorion has this press conference and no one asked about buyouts, Ottawa sports media mailing in their jobs from Toronto.

c’mon guys, show some friggin passion. Look at capfriendly and from there you’ll get a million questions. Lame

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
65-70 point players certainly aren't harder to find than top pairing 2-way D.

Sens have drafted 2 legit NHL D men since 2008 (Karlsson and Chabot). 2, in 10 drafts (not counting 2018 and 2019).

If Sanderson doesn't play on the lowest scoring NTDP team ever, he doesn't have the limited upside label on the internet

Today I learned Cody Ceci, a 26 year old with ~500 games of nhl hockey, isnt a legit nhl d.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Who would you prefer at the cap hit they currently have? ceci? Matheson? Johnson? or gudbranson? 4 perfectly "legit" nhl d. I'd rather ceci over them all
Alfie could unretire today and be a better defenceman than Ceci ever was. And he could play the right side with Chabot.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Alfie could unretire today and be a better defenceman than Ceci ever was. And he could play the right side with Chabot.
Yes... I could name a few handfuls of HALL OF FAME (or close) forwards who would make better d... that isn't the discussion, poster claimed ceci wasnt NHL calibre.. that's absurd

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yes... I could name a few handfuls of HALL OF FAME (or close) forwards who would make better d... that isn't the discussion, poster claimed ceci wasnt NHL calibre.. that's absurd
Not that absurd. He's not very good, he's a 6th or 7th D in any decent team. But the right answer was none of the above!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d want none of them, because I wouldn’t want any of them on my team for free.
I’m surprised by your opinion on Matheson. He’s a decent #4 who can skate and provide some offence. I don’t love him but he’s not terrible at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad