Confirmed with Link: Pierre Dorion Scheduled To Speak (11am, Sept. 23rd)

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
That’s not allowed until October 9th.
They can announce that they’ve reached a verbal agreement, like LA and Arizona did with Doughty and OEL before a July 1st. I’d be shocked if they did it this early though.

I imagine the Tkachuks are gonna drag this one out.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
They can announce that they’ve reached a verbal agreement, like LA and Arizona did with Doughty and OEL before a July 1st. I’d be shocked if they did it this early though.

I imagine the Tkachuks are gonna drag this one out.
I wouldn’t say it’s dragging it out to wait. I think he should wait a year regardless. He could have a better year statistically.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If it is true he has not spoken since June then this is probably an update to answer some questions on how the team is planning to move forward for the following season. He will definitely talk about the draft and probably drop zero hints about who he wants but it should be interesting nonetheless.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Hopefully he has some info pertaining to
A. How this is gonna work? Is canada the bubble and all the teams are playing here?
B. Preseason? Exhibition games? December?
C. Tiki tok channel

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I actually wish Dorion wouldn't speak at all to the media until post draft.

I'm always worried when he opens his mouth

Also probably doesn't help that he was likely looking up to Bryan Murray who wasn't shy to show his hand either.

Reactions: DJB

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Be good to hear from him, excitement growing, update needed.

just don’t want any ‘Melnyck is such a great owner’ or ‘Ottawa is lucky to have the NHL’ talk - don’t need a hype guy, just want a GM

Reactions: robsenz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad