Confirmed with Link: Pickard Being Shopped

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nothing.
He'll be waived at the end of camp and may or may not be claimed.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Leafs payed a 6th rounder for him, I can’t see how he’d be worth more now.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Before we rip him and say he's "useless" and has "no value" consider what COL thought he was: a potential NHL starter( drafted in the 2nd round).

Perhaps he could get a better return than you think...

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He was waived last year and cleared , we then traded for him .

He's worth nothing and I have no idea why Dubas' re signed him .

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He was waived last year and cleared , we then traded for him .

He's worth nothing and I have no idea why Dubas' re signed him .

Because it costs nothing to re-sign a guy and try to generate an asset as lowly as a 7th round pick for him. Worst case scenario is you lose him on waivers and you don't even pay his salary.

Reactions: Mork

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Before we rip him and say he's "useless" and has "no value" consider what COL thought he was: a potential NHL starter( drafted in the 2nd round).

Perhaps he could get a better return than you think...

If the trade was based on potential, then his value hasn't increased since we got him for a 6th.

Only way Leafs would get more than what they paid is if an opportunity opened, more specifically someone needing a goalie to play this year. That could be the case... but I don't think anyone's going to pay up for potential more than the Leafs gave.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Because it costs nothing to re-sign a guy and try to generate an asset as lowly as a 7th round pick for him. Worst case scenario is you lose him on waivers and you don't even pay his salary.
Worst case scenario is he clears and takes playing time away from developing prospects .

Also there's a large number players who are just looking for a PTO to hopefully get a contract and they have just as much/little value as Pickard who it seems we wasted a contract on .

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Teams know there's waivers involved with our backup candidates, and they know where they stand on the priority list. Will be a matter of supply and demand.

No guarantee he gets moved now, as being shopped just indicates he's the least likely of the three options to be backup. Not expecting more than either part of what was traded away for him, but that would at least be a return.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
A 5th. He's much better than Wedgewood and that is what he got in a trade. Plus that is more than what we paid for him, which makes sense.

I'd expect the same sort of thing out of McElhinney. Sparks I would ask for more. Maybe in either trade we would get a goalie throw in to put with Kaskisuo on the Marlies (i.e. Rittich from Calgary).

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Worst case scenario is he clears and takes playing time away from developing prospects .

Also there's a large number players who are just looking for a PTO to hopefully get a contract and they have just as much/little value as Pickard who it seems we wasted a contract on .

It doesn't matter if it's him, or some other goalie, we need a Marlies goalie.... So that contract spot would be taken one way or the other.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Who is he blocking? If there's a compelling goalie prospect coming up (I am not aware of any) they could probably dispatch Pickard to another AHL team on loan or ECHL him.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Interest will probably pick up as training camp progresses and teams can assess their goaltending situations, especially if there are injuries

I imagine they are also talking about moving Sparks and McBackup

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad