Confirmed with Link: Pickard Being Shopped

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
seems like there's a lot of sucking and blowing with some posters on this thread

-we have too many goalies so we need to trade 1/2 of them
-Marlies need a goalie so if we don't trade him he fills a need

i do agree however that there's little downside unless we're looking to sign one of the former NHL starters still looking for a contract but there's also very little to no upside

and people shouldn't be losing there **** because i happen to question why Dubas would re sign a player with little to no trade value at the end of June and then turn around and shop him in Aug

You not seeing the reasoning here really says a lot.

Reactions: Menzinger

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
I hope we keep him and move mcBackup. IMO Andy needs less starts and Sparks or Picard can help us with that. Let Sparks play 30 games as backup and Picard run the show in the A with Kaskisuo as backup.

Reactions: Mork and taurine330

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Do the same deal Vegas did with the Leafs: if he passes through waivers after training camp (like he did in 2017) trade a late draft pick to have the goalie on your AHL roster. I've never seen this much talk about a 26 year old failed NHL starter before. His agent must be working overtime.

newfdizzle

Feb 16, 2012
I don't understand why people think he has no value. He definitely does.

He's not a failed NHL starter, he's actually pretty decent and had one bad year in Colorado on a monumentally bad team and it wasn't his fault by any stretch.

He was very good with the Marlies this year, and while some of you may love Garrett Sparks for some reason, I honestly think Pickard is a better goaltender.

It's my opinion, flame me if you want, but I don't think Garrett Sparks is that good.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't understand why people think he has no value. He definitely does.

He's not a failed NHL starter, he's actually pretty decent and had one bad year in Colorado on a monumentally bad team and it wasn't his fault by any stretch.

He was very good with the Marlies this year, and while some of you may love Garrett Sparks for some reason, I honestly think Pickard is a better goaltender.

It's my opinion, flame me if you want, but I don't think Garrett Sparks is that good.

Yet Sparks outplayed Pickard in the AHL.

newfdizzle

Feb 16, 2012
Yet Sparks outplayed Pickard in the AHL.

Meh, big deal. Why don't we evaluate NHL numbers?

Calvin Pickard is 26 and has 87 games played in the NHL... 2.78 GAA .913 SV %
Garrett Sparks is 25 and has 17 games played in the NHL...3.03 GAA .893 SV %

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Meh, big deal. Why don't we evaluate NHL numbers?

Calvin Pickard is 26 and has 87 games played in the NHL... 2.78 GAA .913 SV %
Garrett Sparks is 25 and has 17 games played in the NHL...3.03 GAA .893 SV %
Maybe look at the team Sparks was playing with?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I cant see any team picking up Sparks, Pickard or Mcbackup off waivers but you never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad