• Kaprizov

• other (who?)

• Marner

• Rantanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
thats your opinion. It sure as hell isnt the consensus.... Theyre both elite players much like EDM and COL's duos. All I Know is Matthews just has the best goalscoring season since Ovi's 65, and was still on pace to have 104 pts!

I mean your 0.5A/game statement just made you lose all credibility alone. If you just value playmakers more than goalscorers, fine, but the guy was on pace for 65 goals and finish 5th in scoring. Apparently thats not Hart worthy.... right.

And that he gets the Rocket, well deserved trophy, doesnt mean hes a auto for top3 of the Hart. Im not saying he didnt have a incredible season. Just dont think he is in the covo for the Hart, cause its arguable that Marner might be more valuable to the Leafs.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
And that he gets the Rocket, well deserved trophy, doesnt mean hes a auto for top3 of the Hart. Im not saying he didnt have a incredible season. Just dont think he is in the covo for the Hart, cause its arguable that Marner might be more valuable to the Leafs.
and MacK is more valuable than Rantanen because he had 10 more assists despite scoring 10 LESS goals over 50 or so games?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
and MacK is more valuable than Rantanen because he had more assists/game despite scoring 10 LESS goals over 50 or so games?

Yes Mackinnon is more valuable the Rantanen, doesnt take away from Rantanen.
Yes McDavid is more valuable then Drai, who has incredible numbers for the last 2 seasons.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Yes Mackinnon is more valuable the Rantanen, doesnt take away from Rantanen.
Yes McDavid is more valuable then Drai, who has incredible numbers for the last 2 seasons.
so THIS season MacK was more valuable because he had 10 more assists than Rantanen?

Im sorry but Rantanen scoring 10 more goals and having a 16.9 S% vs MacK 9.7 S% is more significant than MacK's 10 more assists.

Ironically I didnt put Rantanen is the poll...

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
so THIS season MacK was more valuable because he had 10 more assists than Rantanen?

Im sorry but Rantanen scoring 10 more goals and having a 16.9 S% vs MacK 9.7 S% is more significant than MacK's 10 more assists.

Well if thats what you think I wont be changing your mind. Thats not how I see the games. I guess we see them different. Just like I see Marner more valuable then Matthews on the ice. You wont change my mind either, no matter what stats you try and throw at me. We will just stop and agree to disagree.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Well if thats what you think I wont be changing your mind. Thats not how I see the games. I guess we see them different. Just like I see Marner more valuable then Matthews on the ice. You wont change my mind either, no matter what stats you try and throw at me.
Matthews also plays the more important role/position AND plays better D than MM. Same reasoning as to why most consider MacK, McD, Barkov, etc has the more important player to their team compared to their elite winger.

Reactions: Mats13

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Matthews also plays the more important role/position AND plays better D than MM. Same reasoning as to why most consider MacK, McD, Barkov, etc has the more important player to their team compared to their elite winger.

I see your reasoning, I get it, I just see it different, will agree to disagree.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
McDavid
Matthews
Crosby

Sad part about Matthews insane season is any other year in the past 10, he would be unanimous for the Hart.

Nah. If his scoring is put within the context of the season, he wouldn't win over Kucherov, Kane, Crosby or Malkin, and maybe not over McDavid or Draisaitl either. Points are still the biggest influence of Hart voters

Reactions: slapKing

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
love sid, but he has no business having more votes than marchand. Brad scored more points, having a greater gap between his teammates than sid, while also playing a more shutdown role + top PKer. marchand was better both offensively and defensively.

i'm sorry for sid, but 62 pts in 55 games, tenth in scoring league wide is not mvp material.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Crosby is a CLEAR #2.

With all the injuries that Pittsburgh has faced all year(4th in man games lost in the NHL) and the adversity that that team had to deal with; yet they still win out in the best division in the NHL.

Crosby played amazing this year, and if it wasn’t for a once in a generation season by McDavid, he’d win the hart.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Sure is for a top player, and hes never hit that number before.

Marner is the driver/MVP of the Leafs.
Congrats on having zero clue. He has 24% more goals than 2nd place and is tied for 5th in the league in scoring, 1 point behind Marner, despite playing 3 less games.

Love the hot takes...keep em coming.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Crosby is a CLEAR #2.

With all the injuries that Pittsburgh has faced all year(4th in man games lost in the NHL) and the adversity that that team had to deal with; yet they still win out in the best division in the NHL.

Crosby played amazing this year, and if it wasn’t for a once in a generation season by McDavid, he’d win the hart.
no. Go find me Hart winners who finished 10th in scoring.

Great season nonetheless, but I doubt will be a finalist, let alone 2nd.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
love sid, but he has no business having more votes than marchand. Brad scored more points, having a greater gap between his teammates than sid, while also playing a more shutdown role + top PKer. marchand was better both offensively and defensively.

i'm sorry for sid, but 62 pts in 55 games, tenth in scoring league wide is not mvp material.
I have no problem with Marchand above Sid, but Machand is nowhere near top in scoring without Bergeron.

Last game Bergeron missed they lost 6-4 to Buffalo and Marchand didnt have a point and was -2.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
no. Go find me Hart winners who finished 10th in scoring.

Great season nonetheless, but I doubt will be a finalist, let alone 2nd.

The poster isn't saying he'll be the winner though. Tavares was a finalist while 17th in scoring and Kopitar was a finalist while 8th in scoring. I've already seen lots of Crosby for Hart chatter. I don't think he deserves to be top 3, but the media loves him and his team won a tough division despite a slew of injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad