• Hedman

• Kaprizov

• other (who?)

• Marner

• Rantanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

needforspeed

Mar 20, 2021
Yes Mackinnon is more valuable the Rantanen, doesnt take away from Rantanen.

Generally agree although this year there is an argument for Rantanen being more valuable to his team than Mack. Consistent play with and without MacKinnon, scoring a lot more goals and game winning goals, clearly better +/- Tough competition for the Hart, close but not having either one of them in top 3 this year

Reactions: slapKing

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Should, but wont be. Theres always gonna be a few homer media people who vote for their own guy over the obvious candidate.

Those media people who don’t vote for McDavid at #1 should turn their credentials in.

Even fans of our biggest rivals this year (Leafs, Habs, and Jets) are unanimous in the view that McDavid should win it. Probably because they’ve seen him the most and he’s putting up a Lemieux/Gretzky type season.

McDavid would be eating the Pacific alive the same way if the divisions were normal. Likewise, he would be dunking all over the West division this year as well.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I have no problem with Marchand above Sid, but Machand is nowhere near top in scoring without Bergeron.

Last game Bergeron missed they lost 6-4 to Buffalo and Marchand didnt have a point and was -2.

Marchand in fact scores at a higher rate (PPG) when Bergeron is injured over the past 4 seasons, not a very small sample size either, Bergeron has missed significant time with groin injuries and nagging injuries.

If you're going to use one game against Buffalo as the gospel, I'd assume you want to know the big picture.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I personally don't think Crosby should be the third finalist. Yes, he had a pretty solid year overall. And yes, he had to do a lot of the heavy lifting because Malkin and a half dozen other key forwards were out for a while. But I also don't think he was offensively dominant enough to justify it.

Reactions: slapKing

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I personally don't think Crosby should be the third finalist. Yes, he had a pretty solid year overall. And yes, he had to do a lot of the heavy lifting because Malkin and a half dozen other key forwards were out for a while. But I also don't think he was offensively dominant enough to justify it.
10th in scoring. Not the worst thing

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
No idea what you're saying.

The person you responded to was saying that Drai can't be MVP because he's on the same team as McDavid and clearly isn't more valuable. That is true. However, the poll is asking for the 3 Hart finalists which can include more players than just #1.

Reactions: majormajor

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The person you responded to was saying that Drai can't be MVP because he's on the same team as McDavid and clearly isn't more valuable. That is true. However, the poll is asking for the 3 Hart finalists which can include more players than just #1.

Sure it can, but no particular vote can include both with any integrity. Anyone voting #1 McDavid and 2# Draisaitl or vice versa didn't understand what the trophy is all about.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Sure it can, but no particular vote can include both with any integrity. Anyone voting #1 McDavid and 2# Draisaitl or vice versa didn't understand what the trophy is all about.

Not sure about that though - in actual Hart voting I believe each voter gets 5 votes, i.e. "most valuable player to his team", "2nd most valuable player to his team", etc. McDavid and Draisaitl could conceivably both get votes (especially looking at the rest of their roster). Moreover, this thread is about predicting the finalists, so maybe I predict that 50% of voters will put McD at #1 and the other 50% will put Drai there.
(BTW I didn't vote for Draisaitl)

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

I’m amazed that McDavid has the season he has and yet you didn’t vote for him.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
You realize both of them could be considered more valuable to their team than other players around the league? Having both of them in the top 3 is not illogical in any way

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I’m amazed that McDavid has the season he has and yet you didn’t vote for him.

This award is for a team MVP, not the league MVP. The Oilers also have Draisaitl who has been almost equally dominant. The team MVP award should go to someone who has been head and shoulders above his teammates, even if he's only the 30th best player in the league. For the most outstanding player in the entire league there's a different award.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
McDavid
Barkov
Marchand

Toss up between Marchand and Matthews for number 3 but opted Marchand as I think he fits the definition of most valuable. The Leafs without Matthews are still a playoff team, I don't think the Bruins without Marchand are.

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
McDavid, Draisaitl, and Matthews, and it's pretty obvious for me.

You need to be among the league leaders in points order to be a Hart finalist, and you also need to be contributing to a playoff team. I also don't see why Draisaitl should be punished for being on McDavid's team.

I would vote 1. McDavid 2. Matthews 3. Draisaitl if these were the finalists.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This award is for a team MVP, not the league MVP. The Oilers also have Draisaitl who has been almost equally dominant. The team MVP award should go to someone who has been head and shoulders above his teammates, even if he's only the 30th best player in the league. For the most outstanding player in the entire league there's a different award.
So a guy thats in on 58% of the Oilers goals this years isnt the most valuable player to his team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad