Phoenix XXVII: Can we all get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dado

...imagine the best and brightest hockey minds getting together a Cactus Caucus...

That would mean debilitating the management of some other franchise.

I'm not in the camp that says it CAN'T ever work in the desert - I'm in the camp that says if it isn't Phoenix in trouble, it'll be someone else, so lets come up with a rational way of dealing with distressed franchises that doesn't punish strongly-supported markets.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
How likely is it that the bond market might improve slightly....so Glendale issues the bonds...deal gets completed...Goldwater sues...Hulsizer walks?

Even if the "clouding" of the bond market is cleared up so Glendale can sell them at a lower interest rate.....Goldwater suing would still negate this entire thing wouldn't it?
GWI WINNING a lawsuit would negate the entire thing. Just suing would just mean it was in question, but I suspect they would complete the transaction with a suit pending, until there was an injunction to stop it.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

"How much more power can you give me without compromising the Warp Coils Scotty?".... :facepalm:

That would mean debilitating the management of some other franchise..

D'ya suppose any of them would be interested in Burke & Wilson or are you thinking of reuniting the former with Hare?. They got away with Murder in Edinburgh, dont see why they couldnt do the same in Miami or Columbus.

Dead Bodies R'Us.... :baghead:

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If they were smart, and few teams are, they would just tack the parking charge onto the ticket and keep the parking "free" at point of parking.

So they will take a 37 dollar ticket, Hulsizer will raise that price by at least 10 bucks so he doesn't lose 40 million dollars next year, AND they will tack on another 13.50 per for parking.

Nice. I can see a real improvement in attendance with the new $60 ticket price.

Jeffrey93

Nov 7, 2007
GWI WINNING a lawsuit would negate the entire thing. Just suing would just mean it was in question, but I suspect they would complete the transaction with a suit pending, until there was an injunction to stop it.

Part of Hulsizer's deal is that if it is challenged in court he can walk. I can't imagine he would have that clause in there and then not use it.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Interesting. Don Cherry thinks Winnipeg will have a team playing in Winnipeg this fall. Wonder who he thinks that might be?. The Oakland Seals?. The Kansas City Scouts?. Bart Crashley & Mike Pelyk teaming up on 'D'?. :shakehead

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Interesting. Don Cherry thinks Winnipeg will have a team playing in Winnipeg this fall. Wonder who he thinks that might be?. The Oakland Seals?. The Kansas City Scouts?. Bart Crashley & Mike Pelyk teaming up on 'D'?. :shakehead

ManitobaMoose_PL.jpg

It's a team, and they're in Winnipeg! :sarcasm:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It's a team, and they're in Winnipeg! :sarcasm:[/QUOTE]

Ya, funny thing about Don Cherry, his prognostications are almost never wrong.

BTW; your new avatar, [I]Scrubburn[/I]?. Very disturbing headsigh. Bears an uncanny resemblance to [I]Ronald Defeo Jr[/I] of [I]Amityville[/I] infamy. Such a nice, quiet & polite young man. Who knew?.... Perhaps SG can do something with that property. Seems right up their alley if you ask me...... :scared:

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Ya, funny thing about Don Cherry, his prognostications are almost never wrong.

BTW; your new avatar, Scrubburn?. Very disturbing headsigh. Bears an uncanny resemblance to Ronald Defeo Jr of Amityville infamy. Such a nice, quiet & polite young man. Who knew?.... :scared:

I knew it was off somehow! Even the guy who made it thought it was off. Now I know why. :laugh:

Yes, Chris Thorburn is a very scary man. Maybe it's the nose.

0.jpg

Hide the women and children! :m-dance:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Yes, Chris Thorburn is a very scary man. Maybe it's the nose.

Looks like a walk-on from the Soprano's or Donnie Brasco. Whats going on with WaddellsEveryWhere?. Have a thing for Jersey or somethin?... :laugh:

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
I was under impression we would not try the Coyotes..

Had no info on a Hamilton bid though..

I think you would be wrong to believe that.

I'm pretty sure Quebecor won't pass on a chance to get a team.

PKP stated he would accept to see his team playing in the old colisee if he has to. That means he plans to get a team as soon as possible.

GSC2k2*

I really don't know one way or the other, but WHO is John Shannon, and how much credibility does he have (I'm asking earnestly, though it looks like it's from Sportsnet, but at this point, that in itself doesn't convince me of anything).

The fact someone can post something on twitter like someone did a few days back, and then say "Oh I was just speculating I had no IDEA that it would be taken so seriously"-really has my cynical nature on high at this point, from both sides of the argument.
In addition to producing HNIC, he was also a VP of broadcasting for NHL. He is undoubtedly connected to people in the know at the NHL level.

bleuet

I think you would be wrong to believe that.

I'm pretty sure Quebecor won't pass on a chance to get a team.

PKP stated he would accept to see his team playing in the old colisee if he has to. That means he plans to get a team as soon as possible.

Obviously. Doigts croisés..

Dado

HNIC is all over Winnipeg in tonight's broadcast - Cherry openly cheering and whooping, one of the announcers claiming he was never "really" against a team in Winnipeg...

...either it's collective delusion or a rubicon has been crossed...

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
do you think maybe glendale or the nhl made up that story about how they might have buyers so that gwi will hurry up with their decision knowing they might have to file an injunction?

with a bog meeting coming up this week this might give gary an excuse to give to the owners...that they might have bond buyers as opposed to the deal is dead.

GSC2k2*

There is no risk to buying the bonds re a lawsuit.

Your bond purchase is subject to the completion of the sale of the club.
You've posted this a couple of times. If memory serves, you seem to think that the bondholders get their money back if MH then does not buy the team.

It that is what you are saying, that is not how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad