Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
In addition to producing HNIC, he was also a VP of broadcasting for NHL. He is undoubtedly connected to people in the know at the NHL level.

Whoa I'm absolutely shocked that you would find John Shannon credible. :sarcasm:

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
ManitobaMoose_PL.jpg

It's a team, and they're in Winnipeg! :sarcasm:

Please use the current logo... that old one is just intolerable...

MB_moose_logo.gif

That's better

Whoa I'm absolutely shocked that you would find John Shannon credible. :sarcasm:

John Shannon may have some credentials, but has been the most wrong of any of the reporters commenting on this story. So much so, I want to take him to the race track... have him pick his 3 favorite horses to eliminate 1/4 of the starting gate. :laugh:

Last edited:

GSC2k2*

I suggest that, when you read my posts, you just stick to the words in there (where you will not find the word "credible").

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
John Shannon may have some credentials, but has been the most wrong of any of the reporters commenting on this story. So much so, I want to take him to the race track... have him pick his 3 favorite horses to eliminate 1/4 of the starting gate. :laugh:

I just don't know about SHannon, he's just... not authentic to me.

Please use the current logo... that old one is just intolerable...

MB_moose_logo.gif

That's better

speaking of intolerable logos, does anyone in BC know what the deal with the kootenay ice is?

logo-kootenay-ice-575x575.s600x600.jpg

it looks more like a soda machine logo than a hockey crest.

billy blaze

May 31, 2009
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/RobertRobb/121634

columnist for Arizona Republic

If the parking rights were actually worth $100 million, Hulsizer wouldn’t need the city’s help. He could borrow directly against the future revenue stream or sell it to a private party for that amount.

But let’s, for the moment, suspend disbelief and assume that the parking rights are, indeed, worth $100 million. There is still an unconstitutional subsidy, rightly understood.

The city can borrow more cheaply than Hulsizer can. At its root, the city is doing something the anti-subsidy clause expressly prohibits – giving or lending its credit to a private party.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

This has been posted before, but none of the raging Glendale / NHL supporters have dealt with it at all, leading me to believe the blogger is on to something here with the idea that the city is really doing nothing but assuming the risk and facilitating a lower interest rate, which of course would be a gift clause violation.

In addition to producing HNIC, he was also a VP of broadcasting for NHL. He is undoubtedly connected to people in the know at the NHL level.

And those connections lead him to report (probably more than once) that everything was great and the deal would close in 2 weeks. I'm not kidding. He was the guy who created the tale that Pegula in Buffalo and Hulsizer in Phoenix would both be announced as done at the same time.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
...either it's collective delusion or a rubicon has been crossed...

Point of No Return, Gabriel Byrne or Barry Pepper version Dado?. :squint:

do you think maybe glendale or the nhl made up that story about how they might have buyers so that gwi will hurry up with their decision knowing they might have to file an injunction?

......leaking it to Disinformation Officer John Shannon?. Have you ever heard the term "Plausible Deniability Expert"?. :naughty:

I want to take him to the race track... have him pick his 3 favorite horses to eliminate 1/4 of the starting gate. :laugh:

Have you ever bet against a Plausible Deniability Expert ABD?. Shannon would likely pick & win a perfect trifecta on long odds & leave your head spinning. A conduit of inside information. A prevaricator & provocateur. Super conductor super conductor...... :laugh:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just a brief statement from LeBrun on the Hotstove

Where there is "cautious optimism" in Phoenix this week that there will be enough investors lined up to keep the team in Arizona, LeBrun said "don't worry Winnipeg, it's far from done."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/03/12/sp-hnic-hotstove.html

When this is over someone has to come up with a list of the most common used phrases, like

imminent
2 weeks
etc.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Just a brief statement from LeBrun on the Hotstove

Where there is "cautious optimism" in Phoenix this week that there will be enough investors lined up to keep the team in Arizona, LeBrun said "don't worry Winnipeg, it's far from done."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/03/12/sp-hnic-hotstove.html

When this is over someone has to come up with a list of the most common used phrases, like

imminent
2 weeks
etc.
if i never hear the word imminent again it will be too soon

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
This news about Investors lined it is something I do not believe at all is happening. There has been so many debunked media reports lately that it's easy not to believe it.

Why now all of a sudden there is interest in the bonds and why now report it on a weekend and not during the week?

To be honest this is just a simple PR ploy to get butts in the seats at Jobbing.com arena because frankly their attendance hasn't been that great. Also they have that package which includes a playoff game. It's super cheap deal too.

So I just think the NHL doesn't want to lose more than 40 million this year and so have established a PR marketing strategy to give false hope in order to get people in the seats.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So I just think the NHL doesn't want to lose more than 40 million this year and so have established a PR marketing strategy to give false hope in order to get people in the seats.

That's not how professionals operate. Everything that points to the Coyotes leaving is tried and true, yet anything to the contrary is a vast conspiracy theory. Can we stop this?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just last week LeBrun said 7-10 days. Now it might be 2 weeks. At this rate, I expect us to still be having these threads this time next year.

Jeffrey93

Nov 7, 2007
This news about Investors lined it is something I do not believe at all is happening. There has been so many debunked media reports lately that it's easy not to believe it.

Why now all of a sudden there is interest in the bonds and why now report it on a weekend and not during the week?

To be honest this is just a simple PR ploy to get butts in the seats at Jobbing.com arena because frankly their attendance hasn't been that great. Also they have that package which includes a playoff game. It's super cheap deal too.

I'm starting to see how this works.

Action - Reaction
Discuss Coyotes leaving - Encouraged/Accepted

Discuss Coyotes staying - Theories of a secret conspiracy of misinformation

Discuss Winnipeg's flaws as a market - Get personally attacked and focus on personal motives

Pretty funny stuff.

Like I said before about this news of the bond market warming....even if it does...that doesn't suddenly change Arizona's constitution.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You do realize that is just a fun FB group set up by a Winnipegger, right? It's not asking for donations, and there are hardly any likes. It's just a little group just like any group you or I could make. Are you possibly confusing it with the actual Goldwater FB page?

Yeah... lots of "fun" comments there. :shakehead

However.... it's one thing if a regular member of the group is posting items from the GWI site. It's entirely another when the chief litigator of GWI, (and/or his wife, or someone using his wife's account :naughty:), does it.

It smacks of pandering.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
....yet anything to the contrary is a vast conspiracy theory.

Well, it is Arizona XX. Whats the deal with the Bradshaw Ranch up in Sedona?. Since when did the US Forestry Services start surrounding their "Parks" with electric fences, motion sensor alarms & spycams?. :squint:

And just what exactly is going on in Glendale?. Why dont they just open the bomb bay doors and drop the Bonds?. The markets inching back upwards, and as soon as they do it the NHL wont be able to just up & take its leave without some very serious consequences. If Tindall & Fennemore etc are all so certain of the legality, file for clarification with bias & enforceable opinion. Stop playing footsie with the GWI & at least try for the conversion. Both sides are waging a war of disinformation, misinformation, opinion & conjecture, intimations & threats. Little wonder people trying to follow it are are going all Michael Moore or Oliver Stone over it.

Last edited:

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
i cant wait for all this bs to finally be over one way or another..i feel like the president after a 4 year term...i have aged terribly.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
You've posted this a couple of times. If memory serves, you seem to think that the bondholders get their money back if MH then does not buy the team.

It that is what you are saying, that is not how it works.

Explain why it isn't.
Further to this one phone call will verify this for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad