Phoenix XX: Two Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dado

Unreal... it looks like the due to congestion, the flight has been put in a holding pattern. Please resume the in-flight service and entertainment system.

Sounds more like....due to the plane augering-in at Mach 2, the flight has been diverted from the busy urban airports of Arizona to the sparse lands of Manitoba.

Dado

If the GWI keeps winning like this, they may never have to do anything in court.

:laugh:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Unreal... it looks like the due to congestion, the flight has been put in a holding pattern. Please resume the in-flight service and entertainment system.

:headache: Hey Buddy, got any Gravol?...

I do believe I called the next thread title earlier in this one...:yo:
forafewdollarsmore.jpg

How does that go again?. The Good The Bad & The Ugly, followed by a Fistful of Dollars, followed by For a Few Dollars More?. Just unbelievable. :help:

Very interesting , that would put them in the range of only 11 more home dates left , if they can nudge it to Mar 11 , all that would be left is to try and sell the 7 game home stretch PO push.

Bingo.:squint: (or frighteningly, see below)

I can't see the NHL letting this drag on into March without a resolution.

Unless......the remainder of the $48M taken out of the account back in October, $25M of which was to be used to fund the agreement with the NHL covering its' losses' through 2010-11 is earmarked for same through 2011-12 while Glendale;

"continues to work through the legal & timing issues"......:facepalm:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Some people have suggested that the COG can't sell the bonds without having some guarantees in place meaning knowing that MH & NHL deal is absolutely going to be sealed. If COG sold the bonds, GWI sued and then the NHL walked yikes. So I can see that lots needs to be done. I would think that paperwork is ready but certain things have to happen in a certain order for things to fall in place.

To me getting the bonds rated is kind of like being pre approved for a mortgage before making an offer on a house. Then after MH's offer is accepted by the BOG then the bonds would be sold. That's just my theory.

So we are back to that.... The NHL will not give Hulsizer the team until he has the money, but the CoG can't sell the bonds until Hulsizer gets the team. I'm gettin' dizzy!

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I think COG is trying to stall the sale until it goes past the "relocation deadline" (if there is one) in hopes that the NHL will allow them another year (2011-2012 season) to get their affairs in order.

They've probably realized that the bonds aren't going to work, just like the CFD didn't work, and now need more time to go back to the drawing board and come up with another potential solution.

gollybass

May 28, 2010
So we are back to that.... The NHL will not give Hulsizer the team until he has the money, but the CoG can't sell the bonds until Hulsizer gets the team. I'm gettin' dizzy!

hmm no the article says

Once the bonds are sold, the sale of the Coyotes to Hulsizer could move very quickly.

so it would seem it is all waiting on the bonds

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
Sounds more like....due to the plane augering-in at Mach 2, the flight has been diverted from the busy urban airports of Arizona to the sparse lands of Manitoba.

winnipeg's beautiful new airport will open just in time for the hockey season....coincidence?

Dado

I think COG is trying to stall the sale until it goes past the "relocation deadline" (if there is one) in hopes that the NHL will allow them another year (2011-2012 season) to get their affairs in order.

Sure, why not? $25M a year into escrow would probably be cheaper than what they claiming they want to pay MH anyway.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
You obviously have some well informed sources within GWI. Are you in a position to be able to share who they are?

I am using the same sources as goyotes who is insistent that GI will never sue over this.

That sound you hear is Bettman trashing his office. "Get the CoG on the phone! Those people couldn't tie their shoelaces if I did it for them! "

Those people couldn't tie their shoelaces if they were wearing loafers!!!

:handclap:

Post of the day I think :D

Nah, the ones above are the POD

When/where/how does the interest rate get set on these bonds?

It gets set by the a combination of folks based on various input. It then gets sold to the market at whatever rate the market will bear, which may be different than the rate on the bond, thus causing the bonds to be sold at a discount or a premium. If the bonds have a face value of 9% but rates fall, they may be able to sell them at a premium thus lowering the effective rate. If things happens between the setting of the rate and issuance that are adverse to the issue, they may have to sell the bonds at a discount in order to increase the effective yield in order to actually sell the bonds.

:headache: Hey Buddy, got any Gravol?...

How does that go again?. The Good The Bad & The Ugly, followed by a Fistful of Dollars, followed by For a Few Dollars More?. Just unbelievable. :help:

Bingo.:squint: (or frighteningly, see below)

Unless......the remainder of the $48M taken out of the account back in October, $25M of which was to be used to fund the agreement with the NHL covering its' losses' through 2010-11 is earmarked for same through 2011-12 while Glendale;

"continues to work through the legal & timing issues"......:facepalm:

legal and timing issues even after they got such an iron clad enforceability opinion???:sarcasm:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Once the Bonds are sold, the sale BETTER move very quickly.

People would get real antsy if the NHL decided to call a timeout and wait around for the upcomming but imminent vote on MH. :laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Your thinking is, that is as close to the possible TNSE deadline?

Nope.

First, if there's a move, a number of players may want out of the organization. You need time to get the best deals -- often at the draft. Don't know any move would occur prior to trade deadline. Coyotes **could** win division -- there are only SIX points between top and bottom; need them around for playoffs. (Would not be at all surprised to see all 5 members of division in playoffs.)

Second, there are a number of issues WRT next season (schedule, planning) that the other 29 teams (and NHL schedule maker) have to solidify.

Third, there's all the stuff surrounding this franchise should there be changes.

My guess is there's a checklist from the BOG and about 90% have been approved/positive. Until those last few are checked off, the BOG will not make it's final deliberations WRT ownership transfer to MH. And if they have to make other arrangements, things shift into overdrive.

gollybass

May 28, 2010
You sure seem to be placing quite a bit of weight behind an article written by a guy who once claimed that his sources blamed the Coyotes' woes on an evil Canadian conspiracy.
ha true, so who says the bonds really will be delayed then?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
If the GWI keeps winning like this, they may never have to do anything in court.:laugh:

Its like watching the Warner Bros. cartoon from the perspective of Sylvester Junior whose Daddy keeps coming up from the basement discombobulated & punch drunk at the hands of a wee mouse. :shakehead

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just a theory, but I wonder if the COG released the information about the bonds, including the enforceability opinion, was put out there to see how the GWI would react. It didn't take long for the GWI to react and show that their level of interest hasn't waned, and darned if they didn't already have the scoop on Hocking's legal adventures in Prescott.

Back to the barricades...

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Nope.

First, if there's a move, a number of players may want out of the organization. You need time to get the best deals -- often at the draft. Don't know any move would occur prior to trade deadline. Coyotes **could** win division -- there are only SIX points between top and bottom; need them around for playoffs. (Would not be at all surprised to see all 5 members of division in playoffs.)

Second, there are a number of issues WRT next season (schedule, planning) that the other 29 teams (and NHL schedule maker) have to solidify.

Third, there's all the stuff surrounding this franchise should there be changes.

My guess is there's a checklist from the BOG and about 90% have been approved/positive. Until those last few are checked off, the BOG will not make it's final deliberations WRT ownership transfer to MH. And if they have to make other arrangements, things shift into overdrive.

Then how did JR get approved with even less progress than MH has made?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Its like watching the Warner Bros. cartoon from the perspective of Sylvester Junior whose Daddy keeps coming up from the basement discombobulated & punch drunk at the hands of a wee mouse. :shakehead

Laughed....Out....Loud! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Gollybass...

Change the Moody's page? They'll need to procure a tub full of "White Out" so that they can change the dates every couple of weeks.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
WOW, we're coming up to the end of the thread ALREADY!

Time flies when you're having fun..

And my vote also goes to the "Enforcable" thread title.

I swear, all these chapters have provided a lexicon of new terms and phrases!

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Children born when this saga began can walk and talk

I don't know if that's incredible funny, or incredibly sad.......:help:

I too have to wonder if around the Feb 28 deadline "we'll announce it in two weeks, after the trade deadline."

And of course in March, if it looks like the Yotes are playoff bound "Well finish this after the playoffs, so as not to take the attention off the Yotes playoff run"...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

I agree. Theirs just no way this thing can be extended beyond the end of this month unless you wanna go all conspiracy theory about another years worth of loss guarantee's.....:shakehead

Just a theory, but I wonder if the COG released the information about the bonds, including the enforceability opinion, was put out there to see how the GWI would react. It didn't take long for the GWI to react and show that their level of interest hasn't waned, and darned if they didn't already have the scoop on Hocking's legal adventures in Prescott. ....Back to the barricades...

Pretty expensive way to test the waters Whileee. As a result of the COG's rushing the Oxen to market they've had their existing bonds & their credit rating downgraded. Pretty stupid way to go about it dont you think?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad