Phoenix LXXXIX: If you don't approve it, we must move it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
One thing, IF the Coyotes finally move, can Winnipeg PLEASE have it's banners and records back! Please!

Well didn't they NHL give the Jets the rights to the logo again and name, so I'm sure If the coyotes move they can have that back if they can't already have it.

NickWIHockey

Jan 3, 2013
Port Washington, WI
give the coyotes to quebec, expand to settle and one other team. everyones happy, well except for coyotes fans, who have, to steal a line from the count of monte Cristo ' acted like saints through this whole affair'. reminds me of the collapse of Mr. Morell's shipping form, one disaster after another. unfortunately there's no Sinbad the Sailor coming in as the agent of Providence at the last minute

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
Ok. Thats 3:27 I'll never get back Pat. Nothing on that video about Phoenix. :rant:

It always play the latest video, you have to go in the archive bellow for the one about the Coyotes.

That said, I don't think that it is that much positive for Quebec's fan. The guy on the left say Seattle and Dregger answer yes, but... slam dunk... maybe expansion...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
One thing, IF the Coyotes finally move, can Winnipeg PLEASE have it's banners and records back! Please!

That you guys should even have to ask for them is ridiculous, and shows just how absurdly far the NHL & any number of its franchises (hello Toronto Maple Leafs, taking a writ out on Loblaws & Ryerson telling them Maple Leaf Gardens can longer be called "Maple Leaf Gardens" etc) go in thinking they actually "own" intangible historical records, that there transferable from the city in which they happened to another who could give a Flying Frigg. If the Leafs or Montreal, Chicago or any 06 team, say even New Jersey or wherever moved to Halifax, Houston or Seattle, the fans there could care less about a Dale Hawerchuk, Randy Carlyle or anyone else. What are you doing for me today & what are you going to do tomorrow? Team moves, history stays. I mean seriously NHL, get over yourselves. Its actually intellectual theft IMO. The worst kind of arrogance. :rant:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I dont think so. Thats a hill Weiers seems content to die on before its pulled but regardless whether it is or isnt, I believe that the counter-proposal will be in all likelihood voted down regardless. But just for a moment lets suppose it passes with revisions, Im quite certain that absent guarantees from RSE this thing winds being put to a Referendum, possible challenge & injunction slapped on it by Goldwater or that coalition of concerned businesses & citizens that went into orbit over the tax hike last year. Weiers & this Council stirring up an absolute Hornets Nest of anger including the Cops & Fire Department, the employees past & present at City Hall who's medical & pension benefits are already being affected by the lavish spending of the past Mayor & Council... just forget it. One un-Holy rial on the way they try & play Skip to my Lou in paying it forward on that kind of largesse, wing & a prayer. Cant see it. Cant see the NHL BOG's itself approving the previous agreement much less this revised version from Glendale.

Wiers does not want it to go to a vote because he does not want the responsibility of voting NO, creating an empty arena, having the team leave, Westgate fail, all being his fault and the other COG members that vote NO. Too much political fallout from that scenerio. Wiers had rather see the NHL pull the plug, so he has less blame, as would the other potential NO votes. I think the 3 members that would vote YES for sure, will force this to a vote on an agreement that RSE finds acceptable (no out clause), which in my opinion, they get 4 or 5 yes votes.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
give the coyotes to quebec, expand to settle and one other team. everyones happy, well except for coyotes fans, who have, to steal a line from the count of monte Cristo ' acted like saints through this whole affair'. reminds me of the collapse of Mr. Morell's shipping form, one disaster after another. unfortunately there's no Sinbad the Sailor coming in as the agent of Providence at the last minute

Amen, just announce expansion quickly, even if its for two or three years down the road. Whats wrong with that?

Habs05

Mar 5, 2011
Brossard, Qc
Anyone want to give an in depth summary of that DD report? Can't watch it

I don't know why but (for me) it works only with Firefox, can't see it with Chrome or Explorer.

He's saying that's some people assume that there's already a deal in place with Seattle and if it's not for now perhaps it's for an expansion. That Seattle is a logical choice and that there are many moving parts in this situation...

Last edited:

Dado

My prediction for next week is that we end the week with the NHL still owning the team and the team playing in Glendale next season.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That said, I don't think that it is that much positive for Quebec's fan. The guy on the left say Seattle and Dregger answer yes, but... slam dunk... maybe expansion...

Look, the pair of them are just Toronto-centric badly dressed talking heads with cheap haircuts and an opinion about everything, arrogantly believing they've got it all dialled in. Might be half believable if they were wearing their suits instead of their suits wearing them and they werent complete & utter sell-outs to whatever messaging the NHL itself tells them to espouse & opine about. Amateurs.

Wiers does not want it to go to a vote because he does not want the responsibility of voting NO, creating an empty arena...

Well I think you underestimate the man and his resolve, contempt for the NHL & the offers tabled by not only RSE but previous suitors. This guys not about to be bullied or rushed into making a $225M decision based on what he clearly & objectively perceives as hollow promises, Carpetbagging. He's imagined life without the team, has seen the Beacon bids, realizes that there is life without the franchise, would like them to stay but not at any cost. He'd be a local Hero if he shows them the door. More than enough justification already for doing exactly that. Unfortunate that he's so polite, well mannered & civil while donning the veils of his office. Im sure over a few glasses of Wild Turkey the Real Jerry would come out, and what a Hoot that would be. Flay the lot of them alive.

gyom999

May 7, 2013
Quebec city
Could they announce everything at the same time? Coyote relocation + expension (considering it can be announced a couple years in advance)

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Could they announce everything at the same time? Coyote relocation + expension (considering it can be announced a couple years in advance)

How is the Markham project going? Is the new arena construction official? Cause there would need a second city for expansion. Houston? Vegas?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
My prediction for next week is that we end the week with the NHL still owning the team and the team playing in Glendale next season.

Seconded. And I believe CasualFan and certainly Tinalera, KevyD and a few others members of the same voting block... now, wheres the polling station, where are my car keys, car, as I cant seem to remember much since about 9pm lastnight. When do the polls close?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Seconded. And I believe CasualFan and certainly Tinalera, KevyD and a few others members of the same voting block... now, wheres the polling station, where are my car keys, car, as I cant seem to remember much since about 9pm lastnight. When do the polls close?

It would not be the first time Gary and Bill lie. They both said its Phoenix or relocation next season.

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Wiers does not want it to go to a vote because he does not want the responsibility of voting NO, creating an empty arena, having the team leave, Westgate fail, all being his fault and the other COG members that vote NO. Too much political fallout from that scenerio. Wiers had rather see the NHL pull the plug, so he has less blame, as would the other potential NO votes. I think the 3 members that would vote YES for sure, will force this to a vote on an agreement that RSE finds acceptable (no out clause), which in my opinion, they get 4 or 5 yes votes.

Lots of assumptions about everything necessarily dying in the wake of the Coyotes leaving; the arena will not be *empty*, as there will be an arena manager to attract events to the arena. Might be cheaper to operate without needing the ice plant on so much, too. All the doom-and-gloom talk attended Jets 1.0 leaving Winnipeg, but none of it happened.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
It would not be the first time Gary and Bill lie. They both said its Phoenix or relocation next season.

Yea defiantly wouldn't be the first time they lie, but the only way I see the team staying in Phoenix for this season is a miracle, IMO unless a deal is reached for Tuesday and RSE accepts by Friday and no Goldwater challenges the team will be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad