Phoenix LXXXIX: If you don't approve it, we must move it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Darren Dreger on #Coyotes relocation posiibilities. "Seattle isn't a slam dunk, there are many moving parts"

Ya, Seattle's far from being a "slam dunk". I dont even think their on the court to be perfectly Frank about it. Way too many "moving parts" as Dreger puts it. An awful lot of due-dilly to be done before rolling the dice on that gambit. An awful lot of parties involved in order to garner a consensus including King County, Hansen, just on & on. There simply isnt enough time to do so and any number of obstacles could seriously trip up a new ownership group. If they guaranteed that regardless of whether or not the municipalities in Seattle, any one of them really, that they'd build an arena regardless using all of their own funds, then fine. But their not about to do that, no one is. So its either QC or another year of NHL ownership in Glendale. Cant see them suspending the franchise.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Craig Morgan was told they could drop the out clause with 24 hours notice

I don't think that's in any way politically feasible

The out clause will get dropped, they vote Tuesday, it passes, my prediction.

SharksFan1978

Mar 29, 2012
Not sure of the motivation of the league feeding this to DD -- I assume trying to negotiate more out of the Seattle group.

You mean more than the king's ransom they're already getting from the group at $220M? Not sure that's possible, or even wise if that's in fact what is going on here, but I guess you never can tell!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
http://www.trivalleycentral.com/cas...cle_0ca88084-e0ea-11e2-95b6-001a4bcf887a.html

“Now is the time for the city of Glendale to decide what they’re going to do,†said former Arizona Attorney General Grant Woods, who’s representing RSE. “They’ve driven a hard bargain and I give them credit for that, but they can’t screw around anymore. The NHL has given them a hard deadline and if they want to keep the Coyotes here and have the arena managed in a professional and successful way, they need to get on with it. If not, then the decision will be made for them.â€

Yeah Glendale, what the hell do you think your doing trying to get a good deal for yourselves. Stop "screwing around". Don't you understand Gary Bettman mantra is... capitulate. :sarcasm:

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
I like Down to the Weiers. Another possibility is No Way Out Clause, capturing the fight over the CoG out clause and the mystery of Gosbee and his fateful last words before he was never seen again.

Kodi

Jun 24, 2013
Why drop the out clause? Why go through all of this, to turn around and give in to RSE. Look like fools and get ripped off by RSE.

I thought they added additional revenue as well. So the buyout was the decoy, get them to drop that and the city made a gain.

My overall problem though is the city still ends up in the red (9MIL < 15MIL)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
The out clause will get dropped, they vote Tuesday, it passes, my prediction.

I dont think so. Thats a hill Weiers seems content to die on before its pulled but regardless whether it is or isnt, I believe that the counter-proposal will be in all likelihood voted down regardless. But just for a moment lets suppose it passes with revisions, Im quite certain that absent guarantees from RSE this thing winds being put to a Referendum, possible challenge & injunction slapped on it by Goldwater or that coalition of concerned businesses & citizens that went into orbit over the tax hike last year. Weiers & this Council stirring up an absolute Hornets Nest of anger including the Cops & Fire Department, the employees past & present at City Hall who's medical & pension benefits are already being affected by the lavish spending of the past Mayor & Council... just forget it. One un-Holy rial on the way they try & play Skip to my Lou in paying it forward on that kind of largesse, wing & a prayer. Cant see it. Cant see the NHL BOG's itself approving the previous agreement much less this revised version from Glendale.

maruk14

Jun 24, 2002
Seattle, WA
Visit site
They changed a number of items besides the out clause. If RSE gives them those perhaps they punt the out?

They did - and changed quite a bit of the financials of the deal, which is getting glossed over in all this talk about the out clause?

Can RSE still get funded if they agree to gross receipts on parking and a higher arena management fee?

Color me skeptical - no one has been able to close this deal yet, what makes anyone think these guys are the ones who finally solved the riddle of the Sphinx?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
While engaging in a little thread archeology, I found a Coyotes thread that isn't in the list....

Uh oh. The lost prequel. Veronica? Youd better get my Copyright Attorney on
the line. Seems we may have a little problem on that annoying Phoenix thread.

Hate that when it happens. Subconscious registration of a few bars & their goes yer profits...
Just ask the Verve about dat. Bittersweet Symphony indeed. Say hello to Rolling Stones Ink.

kdb likely to be named in the suit as well. Head Archivist & Keeper of the Threads. Fuuuguuuu...

Last edited:

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
They did - and changed quite a bit of the financials of the deal, which is getting glossed over in all this talk about the out clause?

Can RSE still get funded if they agree to gross receipts on parking and a higher arena management fee?

Color me skeptical - no one has been able to close this deal yet, what makes anyone think these guys are the ones who finally solved the riddle of the Sphinx?

Not to mention even if it does get passed, I can see GWI getting involved and delaying things to the point it goes past Aug 5-I could actually see GWI just even hinting at being involved again that the NHL says "enough".

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
Not to mention even if it does get passed, I can see GWI getting involved and delaying things to the point it goes past Aug 5-I could actually see GWI just even hinting at being involved again that the NHL says "enough".

I think that the NHL has to I think if the COG approves it RSE bassically has to say yes within a couple days and bassically have all their ducks in a row or the NHL just pulls the plug, the NHL cannot afford another ownerless season in Phoenix nor can they afford to fold the team. My best guess is the NHL has known for a while that the team more then likely is going to move this off season and this is giving them more time to get everything set up and maybe a miracle happens but even then I think there's a good chance the BOG says no and they move the team anyways.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
.. I could actually see GWI just even hinting at being involved again that the NHL says "enough".

Pretty much. One would almost think that strategically the NHL set this thing up to fail. Get past the barbed wire, trip wires attached to banks of Thompson sub-machine guns. Get past those? Claymore's & Blue Peacock nuclear land mines. Get past those... well...

lets just say you wont. :squint:

GuelphStormer

Mar 20, 2012
Guelph, ON
... wow ... just caught up on the crazy goings-on. im exhausted just from reading it all!

thanks to everyone for taking the time to provide exciting commentary on what sure looks like the last and final "wheeeeeeeeee" of this 4-year long roller coaster ride from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad