Phoenix LXXIV: Be Seeing You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Phoenix LXXV: Red Rover, Red Rover, Send Coyotes Right Over!
Phoenix LXXV: Red Rover, Red Rover, Let Coyotes Come Over!
Phoenix LXXV: Red Rover, Red Rover, We Call the Coyotes Over!

Be seeing you! ;)

Last edited:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Welcome to the madhouse!

Also, I'm sure me and all other Québec guys are looking forward to seeing you (and a lot more new guys) on the future Québec Nordiques section of this forum.

EST. sometime between 2013-2015. :D

I already have the inaugural QC forum moderators selected. :naughty:

Then again, I know the first two volunteers for any Seattle location as well..... :sarcasm:.... a certain Avalanche fan and a Wings fan. Now THAT would be interesting.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
It's pretty obvious the league made the realignment contingent on review after the 2014/15 season because it might very well need to make further changes as a result of expansion and/or relocation.

Why would the NHL announce realignment on March 14th promising better divisions for Detroit, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado etc and then reverse that decision 3 months later should the Coyotes be sold to Quebec interests?

There is nothing logical or obvious that points to a western team relocating to the east or another realignment. The only thing obvious is that the (awful) divisional wildcard playoff system will be reviewed in two years.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Why would the NHL announce realignment on March 14th promising better divisions for Detroit, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado etc and then reverse that decision 3 months later should the Coyotes be sold to Quebec interests?

There is nothing logical or obvious that points to a western team relocating to the east or another realignment. The only thing obvious is that the (awful) divisional wildcard playoff system will be reviewed in two years.
When is that league ever made any logical move anyway? The simple fact that this mess festered for so long is proof that Gary is not always acting rationally. They made that announcement just to score a feel good story after the lockout.

---
Phoenix LXXV:Just like that old gypsy woman said!

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011

That's not what the league said. The league said it would review the new alignment again after a couple of seasons, which itself would make zero sense if relocation and/or expansion to at least one eastern city weren't a distinct possibility.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
The league made the realignement ''official'' in March because they want you to think everything is said and done.

That's like Fehr saying last week in Montreal (he received some honor or something) that he worked very hard for the last CBA to get a good deal from players. He said he doubt he will be there for the next negotiation because that's in about 10-15 years from now, but we all know as soon as the deal hits the optional years we're in a lockout again.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
AH! Title contest!

LXXV: Beacon and egg

LXXV: Where's Weiers

Phoenix LXXV: "It's like deja vu all over again."

Yogi Berra is a veritable font of thread titles ...

" It ain't over 'til it's over "
" We made too many wrong mistakes"
" You can observe a lot by watching "
" The future ain't what it used to be "
" If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them "
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
"I didn't really say everything I said."
"Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded."
"Half the lies they tell me aren't true."
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Ya, those are all good kdb, and just totally ot,
my favourites Knute Rockne' for sports quotes...

Show me a good & gracious
loser and I'll show you a failure.

On the road were somebody elses guests.
And we play in a way that their not going
to forget that we visited them....

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec

Then again, I know the first two volunteers for any Seattle location as well..... :sarcasm:.... a certain Avalanche fan and a Wings fan. Now THAT would be interesting.

Pat better be selected :naughty:

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
You know, I just got scared at the possiblity:

Leafs making the playoffs AND the Yotes saga ending in the same season?

Isn't that gonna rip some space time continnum? :help:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

" If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them "

I think this may be it. Phoenix LXXV: "If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." (?)

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
sorry......cleveland can't support a NHL team here... even the sport talk show hosts in this town don't even like hockey...

the city has trouble attracting fans to watch the indians....

and lastly, its a browns football town here....the browns new owner, jimmy haslem, is just recently being investigated by the FBI, because of over some shady deal over rebates in his truck stop business...

that story received more press in cleveland last week than the bombing in boston...

I live in Cleveland too. I think its more of an issue of not having an economy big enough to support 4 major league teams. The Browns are far and away #1 here, but its no different than the Leafs being #1 in Toronto (where I am from and spent all 2012). In Toronto the sports talk will discuss the Leafs in July even if the Jays are good but that doesn't mean Toronto doesn't support the Jays. If we had enough economic activity a hockey team could do well here but we are far from that point.

As for the comment about Monsters attendance someone else made, thats driven by the fact that ticket prices are insanely low which makes it almost the same as going to a movie. Throw on top of that the giveaways and other promotions. I've been to a bunch of Monsters games over the years and never once paid my way in. So that doesn't translate to supporting an NHL franchise at NHL prices. For every person like me who will pay $50 for an NHL ticket but would only go to an AHL game if it was free there are many more who go to AHL games because they only charge $10 or less but wouldn't pay NHL prices.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

it just has to be the bolded one.:laugh:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
You know, I just got scared at the possiblity: Leafs making the playoffs AND the Yotes saga ending in the same season? Isn't that gonna rip some space time continnum? :help:

Ya. If the radio heads & papers in Toronto are to be believed, looks like we'll be moving Christmas from December 25th to March 15th, the Birthdate of the second coming of Jesus in Leafs Goaltender James Reimer... while this Friday, April 26th, could be the night of the last NHL game ever played in Phoenix, and not so much as a "Boo" from the Commissioners office.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I think this may be it. Phoenix LXXV: "If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." (?)

Yep. If you ever crawl into the hollow of some old log and go to sleep, and while your in there some guys come along & seal up both ends, load it onto a truck and take it to another city, boy, I dont know what to tell you.
Jack Handey

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Ya. If the radio heads & papers in Toronto are to be believed, looks like we'll be moving Christmas from December 25th to March 15th, the Birthdate of the second coming of Jesus in Leafs Goaltender James Reimer... while this Friday, April 26th, could be the night of the last NHL game ever played in Phoenix, and not so much as a "Boo" from the Commissioners office.

Maybe we could make this Friday Halloween, that way he at least says "boo"? ;)

The amount of silence coming from the NHL offices would indeed put Don Adams and his cone of silence to shame (yea I know that was done LONG ago in this saga, but it still applies I think)

I'm almost willing to bet one of my masks (ALMOST) that on that appointed day, we will hear this original statement from Msrs Bettman and/or Daly: "This is a process, and we'll see where it goes and when we have something to say when we've got something, but our goal is to work towards keeping the team in Phoenix."

And oh yea, I expect something about "being disappointed" thrown in there too by Daly ;)

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
Yep. If you ever crawl into the hollow of some old log and go to sleep, and while your in there some guys come along & seal up both ends, load it onto a truck and take it to another city, boy, I dont know what to tell you.
Jack Handey

Yeah, Jack Handey was a great philosopher, but he's got nothing on you. Quote from a post a thread or two ago:

"It's like two zombies were muching on a clown and one says to the other, 'does this taste funny to you?' so I mean, who really knows?"

Killion

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011

I must be that moderator you have selected!! :naughty:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That joke is old enough to be googlable. The first version I heard used cannibals instead of zombies.

Ya, well, thats the thing isnt it.... a good thief, he makes it his own,
disguises it, changes it up just enough to fool the copyright attorneys.

Good to go. :naughty:

May or may not have been "outsourced" WildGopher.... no idea really... cant remember....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad