Phoenix LXX: Should they stay or should they go now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum

107404_634187739204205376.jpg

You used the wrong picture... try this one

9vbi2t.jpg

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
"The councilman declined to identify the deep-pocketed investor, but said he expects the investor to move forward without Jamison in a separate attempt to buy the team... So all this talk about relocating the Yotes has been premature after all!

Total longshot, but ya, premature, I do actually believe its possible PROVIDED
this rumours for real; whoever it is steps out from the shadows IMMEDIATELY.

No. Obvious smokescreen is obvious.This is a ploy to reduce further damage to revenue.

Hey, anythings possible in the topsy turvy world of this franchise & the NHL. Comes a point though, and obviously youve reached it & lapped it, that one simply cant believe a word of utterance from the league or whatever it is you hear, read or watch on the subject.... and where the Hell is the NHL? You'd expect them to hold either a press conference or send out releases explaining this fail, what they plan to do about it, rather than just leaking out these rumours about yet another "Mystery Man Buyer". That ones just beyond stale. They owe the public & the fans an explanation, map out there plans.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum

Jim_Balsillie.jpg

Although with what's happened to RIM..... errr sorry Blackberry stock over the last few days maybe he's pulling a Riensdorf and disappearing before reappearing again.

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
Noo, Major new investor? really? hum, that couldn't be

Bettman's old pal Reinsdorf could it? Bettman wouldn't have tried to

sabotage the deal by throwing the "pre-approved" Reinsdorf in

Jamison's way, would he have?

No, I'm sorry I just can't believe that.

None of that is true.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Hey, anythings possible in the topsy turvy world of this franchise & the NHL. Comes a point though, and obviously youve reached it & lapped it, that one simply cant believe a word of utterance from the league or whatever it is you hear, read or watch on the subject.... and where the Hell is the NHL? You'd expect them to hold either a press conference or send out releases explaining this fail, what they plan to do about it, rather than just leaking out these rumours about yet another "Mystery Man Buyer". That ones just beyond stale. They owe the public & the fans an explanation, map out there plans.

Ya, maybe they'll take the relo money from ATL and reduce the asking price:lol::vhappy:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:pb::deadhorse

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Ya, maybe they'll take the relo money from ATL and reduce the asking price:lol::vhappy:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:pb::deadhorse

... :laugh: ya, I reckon that horse left the barn, ran the
races & has died of old age at this stage in the game.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

... Turn the job into an indoor driving range off-days, sod the vacant land surrounding
Westgate with a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. So crazy it just might work.

Like the way you think there Stump... :D

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I am reading Don Levin statements at the Seattle media.

Does he know one need to shut up if he wants a NHL team?

Just a quick note: not sure Qc would send money to other teams but it will be certainly profitable enough to make its expenses.

This discussion is very interesting. Keep it up, and avoid concussions :)

Your statement is completely ridiculous. All Levin has said is that he'd do anything to get a team. He's stated over and over that no teams are currently available and that the NHL has no plans for expansion.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Noo, Major new investor? really? hum, that couldn't be

Bettman's old pal Reinsdorf could it? Bettman wouldn't have tried to

sabotage the deal by throwing the "pre-approved" Reinsdorf in

Jamison's way, would he have?

Reinsdorf has reportedly always had a standing bid; it supposedly relies upon the COG funding all but $100 million though IIRC and as such is a bit difficult to take seriously.

The mystery investor is possibly Jim Treliving. His kid is the Coyotes Vice President of Hockey Operations and Assistant General Manager after all.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
This is spun wonderfully out of control. BOH, it's healthier than crack...

Here's a MATCH GAME

Section 1 - The League

1) "He did a great job, and the executive committee is unanimous in their support of his application for ownership"

2) "We had a series of meetings this afternoon and basically the status of things is that we have an that we're going to proceed to reach a formal agreement for the purchase and sale of the Coyotes"

3) "While much remains to be done, the NHL looks forward to working closely to bring the sale to conclusion as expeditiously as possible."

4) "We're hopeful, and have reason to believe, that we may be moving toward a good resolution of the Coyotes' ownership situation"

Section 2 - The "owners"

5) “Buying a hockey team is like buying a piece of art. You don't do it to make a lot of money. You do it because you love it."

6) "First and foremost, we are hockey fans. We think it's a sport that can thrive anywhere."

7) “We have a group that cares deeply about the National Hockey League, about hockey and about youth hockey. The future we believe is very bright "

Gee, I wonder if the "new investment interest" will be an entity that "are hockey fans that see a bright future from the work of art" that is the Coyotes? And the NHL will "unanimously approve their support" for this investor who "gives us every reason to believe we'll be successful" although there will likely be "a lot of work remaining to be done".

ANSWER KEY
1) Bill Daly on Mathew Hulsizer, Oct 2010
2) Gary Bettman on Greg Jamison, May 2012
3) Bill Daly on IEH, Dec 2009
4) Bill Daly on M.Hulsizer, Dec 2010
5) Mathew Hulszier
6) Daryl Jones
7) Greg Jamison

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
So, my largest regret in this turn of events is there's no chance (currently) of GWI lawsuits and all the associated discovery that would be involved....

Actually, come to think of it, GWI isn't the villan in this go-round. Huh, funny, real business-persons won't invest even without the "tortious interference" (I still get a chuckle out of that time period, good times) in this non-going-concern of a business. Funny that. :huh:

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
Reinsdorf has reportedly always had a standing bid; it supposedly relies upon the COG funding all but $100 million though IIRC and as such is a bit difficult to take seriously.

The mystery investor is possibly Jim Treliving. His kid is the Coyotes Vice President of Hockey Operations and Assistant General Manager after all.

I believe he might have kicked the tires on this one a while back but like numerous other investors he saw that he would have been throwing money without the heavier boomerang effect desired.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010

He's been asked about buying the team before and was impeccably clear that he would not invest in it. He's not buying the team.

PhxCoyoteFan

Jan 30, 2013
Phoenix Coyotes President and COO Mike Nealy has issued the following statement regarding the Coyotes ownership situation.

“Today, we were informed by the National Hockey League that Mr. Jamison was unable to close on his purchase of the Coyotes. Mr. Jamison will continue to work with the NHL and the City of Glendale to close a deal that will keep the Coyotes in the Valley. Although there is no set timetable, hopefully it will be soon. The Coyotes will continue to be owned by the NHL and nothing changes for our organization. We will work hard on and off the ice to provide our fans with a winning team that they can be proud of. We would like to thank all of our great fans and corporate partners for their incredible patience and loyalty throughout this process. We know it's been difficult and we appreciate their support.â€

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The city of Glendale also released a statement:

The city and the current owner of the Coyotes, the National Hockey League, will continue to work together on a solution that is in the best interest of Glendale and our citizens. The next step involves seeking direction from the City Council to determine how to move forward with this process. The arena was built to serve as a catalyst for the economic growth that has occurred in Glendale's Sport & Entertainment District, and its success remains a priority for the city.

National Hockey League Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly Friday released the following statement regarding the Phoenix Coyotes sale process:

"We remain hopeful the Coyotes sale process will be resolved successfully and we will continue to work with the City of Glendale to move the process forward."

Daly, you so funny. They aren't even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad