Phoenix LVIII; Will jobbing get jobbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Gotta say no on this, Killion. Those uniforms (excepting the thirds) are one of the few things they have going for them. They're honestly some of the best in the league.

... sartorially challenged Sir. Soviet era abominations.
Here, try these ones on for size, some tweaking req'd...

coyotes2-1.png

phoenix_coyotes_concept_by_notmatthias-d3gty82.png

RandR

May 15, 2011
And you may find yourself living with a bankrupt team
And you may find yourself in another part of the world (Quebec)
And you may find yourself behind the screen of a large hockey board
And you may find yourself in a rundown house, without any meaningful life
And you may ask yourself - Well...How did I get here?

Letting the threads go by / let the water hold me down
Letting the threads go by / water flowing underground
A new thread again / after 1K posts are gone
Once in a fortnight / water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
:handclap:

You've got a real talent there kdb! And if you're going to reference an album from the 80s, you can't do better than Remain in Light. :yo:

BTW, next installment of this thread will be LVIV. I'm half-Ukrainian blood myself but for the life of me I can't think of a connection between this neverending saga and the city that just hosted a few of the Euro 2012 games.

manisback121

Feb 28, 2008
... :well tell ya what?. Take it up with the author of the title & my Attorney
on this matter, manisback. Whenever he returns. Comes back. From court.

... Happy Hour at the Gown & Gavel.

... ya?. I guess if you turn it upside down & flip it over it could be a 'P',
for Paulina Gretzky. She of the risque' Facebook postings & twitterings.

Wild Child.

...mind ye', so was her Mom back in the day. F-1 & RocknRoll Circuit.
V

It's called business development dinners hah.

It was a play on words and spelling.

Twas a long day, looking forward to next week with no appearances...get to send the 2nd year on those lol.

Edit. One conference is with 18 parties, the judge never takes the bench on that one...she sits at the counsel table no robe either.

Sadist I am, but unfortunately for our second year greenhorn, he learns what its like to be the first one who talks to her (when her court attorney and part clerk are on lunch) and has to take down everyone's appearances and write out the entire conference order and deposition schedule (that we've repeatedly blown for discovery disputes) for 63 witnesses.

Cue evil grin.

Last edited:

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
So the sales tax petition folks have gone ahead and filed their lawsuit...anyone expecting a quick resolution to the situation clearly hasn't been playing along at home....

calmdown

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec City
So the sales tax petition folks have gone ahead and filed their lawsuit...anyone expecting a quick resolution to the situation clearly hasn't been playing along at home....

Do you realise how Shane Doan feel tonight? All press talked about him today!

http://www.sportsoverdose.com/nhl-players/shane-doan

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/07/13/read-shane-doan-is-holding-everything-up/

http://thehockeyguys.net/nhl-free-agency-shane-doan/

http://arizonasports.com/43/1559209/Offers-keep-rolling-in-for-Shane-Doan

http://www.heritage.com/articles/2012/07/13/sports/doc4ffbc21d3b8e3532347883.txt?viewmode=default

He asked to have Jamison confirm that the deal was secured to stay in Arizona... Whatch out the phone will ring all the week-end !!!

Last edited:

manisback121

Feb 28, 2008

Our favorite city clerk learns the difficulty rules regarding preservation.

Maybe that person can get a job and be jobbed at the famous eatery "****** wok"

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
... hard to say when it'll be heard, I guess youd have to look at the courts calendars. Thing is, if Tindalls assertions are correct, that they failed to follow proper procedure, left off their Registration #'s etc, the courts are usually pretty quick to throw suits out on technicalities, regardless of the merit (or not) of any given complaint.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ss-group-files-lawsuit-vs-sales-tax-hike.html

manisback121

Feb 28, 2008
... hard to say when it'll be heard, I guess youd have to look at the courts calendars. Thing is, if Tindalls assertions are correct, that they failed to follow proper procedure, left off their Registration #'s etc, the courts are usually pretty quick to throw suits out on technicalities, regardless of the merit (or not) of any given complaint.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ss-group-files-lawsuit-vs-sales-tax-hike.html

Election law issues are typically handled on an expedited basis though. I don't claim to have knowledge of how maricopa handles their dockets, but I would imagine it'll be handled quickly a kin to how an ex-parte motion is handled.

The question is standard of review and if Glendale is required to spell every defense in the rejection letter to preserve the defenses to the suit.

I know here in NY, preservation isn't a real issue in the lower courts, but in the court of appeals every allegation and defense needs to be cited to starting in the pleadings (or notice of claim when a.municipality is involved) and even earlier when a party is served with a letter regarding notice of occurrence

I guess the city's defense hinges on if the letter is considered a form of pleading and if they must preserve their positions in the rejection letter.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
Things seem a bit more clear considering today's news.

The NHL expects a lockout. It's pretty clear.

Considering that, I think the NHL will wait as long as possible to let Jamison try to raise the money (which he clearly doesn't have yet) and relocate to Quebec after the lockout announcement if need be.

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
Hi Barney,

First, in a forum (and endless threads) where even the smartest posters flip flop on what they feel will happen, I have listed what I believe.

Second, there is no way anyone pays $170M for this team. I believe the NHL will announce $170M but, just like with the Stars and the Lightning, the truth will eventually come out and we will find out that JIG paid far less.

Third, I don't think anyone in this thread believes the GWI has done anything (to this point) that goes above huffing and puffing.
Perhaps this will change. Until it does, I believe 3 is accurate.

As for the rest...

Number 4 is, as you have said, accurate. So is 5 - Bettman said in an interview, after I posted "The List", the NHL needs a 50-50 split.

As for the negotiations... The NFLPA settled for 48%. The NBAPA settled for 51%. The NHLPA will settle for ~50%.

Anyway, I have been a good sport and taken the good natured (and not so good natured) ribbing about my predictions.
If "The List" turns out to be (surprisingly) accurate, I hope credit is given where credit it due.

Hey KevyD, loved reading your list (over and over :laugh:) and I hope you don't mistake my intentions as some "shoot the messenger" variant.

Re: $170M - the difference is that the owners don't only have to sign off on who they want in the boys club, they have to swallow the discount too. That said, if by #1 and #2 you're also implying "the truth will eventually come out", fair enough. But that isn't what you wrote :)

Re: GWI - the only serious case here is the Gift Clause. everything else has been technicalities. but again, if by "do nothing" you meant "sue on a technicality and lose", fair enough. But that isn't what you wrote :)

Re: CBA - Bettman's 50/50 split is a nice talking point but Fehr (and I would hope unbiased observers?) won't be conned that easily. the NHL is almost 25% Canadian so (1) it wasn't hit as hard by the US recession as the overwhelmingly American NFL/MLB/NBA, and (2) appreciation of the CDN$ has been a huge driver of league-wide revenue growth for the whole league. There's no basis for comparison with other leagues. What comes out of CBA negotiations remains to be seen but "The List" strikes me as hugely implausible, but don't worry, you've been posting it often enough that you'll get credit when anything on it actually materializes :)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Election law issues are typically handled on an expedited basis.... I guess the city's defense hinges on if the letter is considered a form of pleading and if they must preserve their positions in the rejection letter.

... thanks for the clarification in terms of a likely quick setting of court dates. As for the latter, Tindall was pretty clear in his letter of rejection, made no bones about it, and I doubt if they'd alter their position or tactics, preserving their position which from this laymans perspective appears fairly strong technically.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Hey KevyD, loved reading your list (over and over :laugh:) and I hope you don't mistake my intentions as some "shoot the messenger" variant. :)

I didn't take it the wrong way, buddy. :)

Besides, you Big Brother reference made me laugh. ;)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Re: GWI - the only serious case here is the Gift Clause. everything else has been technicalities. but again, if by "do nothing" you meant "sue on a technicality and lose", fair enough. But that isn't what you wrote :)

P.S.

In 3 months, I think we will both look back and think the GWI did little or nothing. Time will tell. :)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
P.S.

In 3 months, I think we will both look back and think the GWI did little or nothing. Time will tell. :)

So far, the GWI has done all that they have needed to do (torpedoed Hulsizer and created a bit of delay and havoc with Jamison, even before they have tried to sign the deal). Until Jamison becomes the owner and looks to sign the lease, there is no real action likely on the gift clause.

In the meantime, the person who can best be described as having "huffed and puffed and done nothing" is none other than Greg Jamison; unless you think that doing something includes lurking in the background while the team he proposes to buy runs the risk of getting picked apart in free agency.

Moreover, if the NHL has actually drastically dropped the sales price behind the scenes, doesn't it seem a bit disconcerting that Jamison still seems unable to raise the funds and close the deal?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So far, the GWI has done all that they have needed to do (torpedoed Hulsizer and created a bit of delay and havoc with Jamison, even before they have tried to sign the deal). Until Jamison becomes the owner and looks to sign the lease, there is no real action likely on the gift clause.

In the meantime, the person who can best be described as having "huffed and puffed and done nothing" is none other than Greg Jamison; unless you think that doing something includes lurking in the background while the team he proposes to buy runs the risk of getting picked apart in free agency.

Moreover, if the NHL has actually drastically dropped the sales price behind the scenes, doesn't it seem a bit disconcerting that Jamison still seems unable to raise the funds and close the deal?

This sounds like the post of a man who is worried about that Looney he is going to owe me!!!!! ;)

P.S.

It was you wasn't it - the (one sided) bet of a looney? It has been so long I forgot. :)

Dado

If the BoG gets half of what they're asking for in the new CBA, things are going to be a whole lot easier for Jamison to make a go of it in Arizona....

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Regardless of lawsuits if the Arizona Secretary of State find that Glendale is disparaging voters by refusing both petition he could force them on the ballot anyway. It a really long lease that going to cost Glendale so much money that they don't have, it kind of amazing that the state as yet to step in and kill this thing before Glendale go bankrupt.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This sounds like the post of a man who is worried about that Looney he is going to owe me!!!!! ;)

P.S.

It was you wasn't it - the (one sided) bet of a looney? It has been so long I forgot. :)

Not me. Sorry. You'll need to look elsewhere for your Loonie, if it ends up coming your way.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the BoG gets half of what they're asking for in the new CBA, things are going to be a whole lot easier for Jamison to make a go of it in Arizona....

You or somebody ought to let him know this. Maybe he'll decide to make an offer to buy the team. :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

P.S.

By the way, which parts of the post to which you responded do you disagree with, and on what basis?

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Regardless of lawsuits if the Arizona Secretary of State find that Glendale is disparaging voters by refusing both petition he could force them on the ballot anyway. It a really long lease that going to cost Glendale so much money that they don't have, it kind of amazing that the state as yet to step in and kill this thing before Glendale go bankrupt.

I see you are well versed on the job description of the SOS in Az to know it's pretty much 'force petitions on the ballot anyway'.

Unfortunately, although you sound as if you know exactly what our SOS will do, I know him to be more inclined to dismiss and invalidate thousands of signatures of voters on petitions on a 'technical' violation of the law than to overlook one to force a 'petition on the ballot anyway'.

So, look for this to move swiftly through the courts, and be resolved in HockeysFuture.com's FAVORITE COYOTES RELATED TIMESPAN (I don't even have to say it do I... oh heck...1,209,600 seconds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad