Phoenix LV: is Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Technically, at this present moment, there is no referendum. Signatures need to be collected and I suspect verified as voters. Only at that time there will be a referendum.

You really believe that THE THREAT of a referendum that'd prevent the city from giving you 17 millions a year isn't enough to prevent someone from investing?

Remind me not to put you in charge of my life savings...

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
Just wanted to mention that jetsfan88 was right on the money so far... it's playing out exactly how he's been saying it would for months. I realize he's not the only one that predicted it, but his track record is impressive for sure.

Oh yes. This is exactly what Nostradamus predicted. :biglaugh:

triplej

Jun 6, 2012
You really believe that THE THREAT of a referendum that'd prevent the city from giving you 17 millions a year isn't enough to prevent someone from investing?

Remind me not to put you in charge of my life savings...

Which, based on the insights of your posts, would not be that great of a risk

triplej

Jun 6, 2012
none really, you QC guys got it all figured out- it's just smoke and mirrors here in the desert to sell more playoff tickets

Merci*

none really, you QC guys got it all figured out- it's just smoke and mirrors here in the desert to sell more playoff tickets

Born and raised in the US bud, hence the little American flag...again you obviously have nothing to offer to this conversation. Go troll somewhere else.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
No comments today from L'ill Gary, Willy D. or Jamison? any comments from any members of the NHL BOG?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oye vey.

So it now seems there is a zero percent chance Jamison owns the team by July 1st, right? Even if everything goes his way, there is too much left undecided post July one, isn't there?

That is truly crushing as a Coyotes fan. Why? If Jamison doesn't own this team by July first, we can kiss both Shane Doan and Ray Whitney goodbye. Neither will sign an extension under these circumstances.
The division title and conference finals were fun, but I guess we won't be doing a whole lot of winning next season.

Sucks.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Oye vey.

So it now seems there is a zero percent chance Jamison owns the team by July 1st, right? Even if everything goes his way, there is too much left undecided post July one, isn't there?

That is truly crushing as a Coyotes fan. Why? If Jamison doesn't own this team by July first, we can kiss both Shane Doan and Ray Whitney goodbye. Neither will sign an extension under these circumstances.
The division title and conference finals were fun, but I guess we won't be doing a whole lot of winning next season.

Sucks.

Doan is pretty committed to the market. I could see him signing a 1 year deal and then requesting a trade if a relocation were to happen. Whitney may also re-sign a 1 year deal. They both love Arizona.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Oye vey.

Sucks.

That's a good point. And why I think that before July First: The NHL will either have to (provided nothing unexpected happens, which is in my mind very likely in this insanity):

-Come back on their word that they wouldn't own the Yotes one more year under any scenerio. And say that they'll own the team one more year to see if the referendum will pass, and if it doesn't to try to still cut a deal with Jamison/Find a new owner. And accept the 40 millions in losses the team will make (unlikely).

-Sell to someone who'd relocate the team PRONTO. (More likely)

-Let the top players on the team go. Thus making their losses next year worst. And scaring away investors. (why would they do that?!)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Doan is pretty committed to the market. I could see him signing a 1 year deal and then requesting a trade if a relocation were to happen. Whitney may also re-sign a 1 year deal. They both love Arizona.

Doan is committed to this market and he does love arizona. He is more committed to his family and has more love for them than anything else.

Signing a one year deal in Phoenix would be irresponsible. He won't risk that for his family. Sign a one year deal and suffer a career ending injury? No effing way. Every team in the league would give him much more security than that. He will have no choice but to move on if he can't be given some major assurances.

It's a short flight from Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Colorado, or Dallas to Phoenix. He can leave his family here and commute.

My father in law works in Sacremento but his family lives here in phoenix. He flies in every Friday after work and flies back every Monday before work. It's not ideal, but he's very well compensated.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Doan is committed to this market and he does love arizona. He is more committed to his family and has more love for them than anything else.

Signing a one year deal in Phoenix would be irresponsible. He won't risk that for his family. Sign a one year deal and suffer a career ending injury? No effing way. Every team in the league would give him much more security than that. He will have no choice but to move on if he can't be given some major assurances.

It's a short flight from Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Colorado, or Dallas to Phoenix. He can leave his family here and commute.

My father in law works in Sacremento but his family lives here in phoenix. He flies in every Friday after work and flies back every Monday before work. It's not ideal, but he's very well compensated.

Good point, he will be looking for a multi year deal. Probably 3+ years.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Both are going to want multi-year deals. Doan is committed to Phoenix as you said. Whitney likes the teammates and coaching staff but treats it more as a business approach.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I recall mention during a recent council meeting that the NHL had given 5 days from the last Coyotes game to close the deal and then extended it by another 30 days. When is the extension up?

Will there be another extension? We could be reaching the end of the road, although in this saga it is still highly unlikely.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I recall mention during a recent council meeting that the NHL had given 5 days from the last Coyotes game to close the deal and then extended it by another 30 days. When is the extension up?

Will there be another extension? We could be reaching the end of the road, although in this saga it is still highly unlikely.
The extension is going to be extended over and over again ad infinitum or until Bettman is told by the BoG to stop screwing around. Something that may or may not have happened tonight.

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
Whitney does have a point, the Coyotes are the doormat of the league, everyone steps all over them, everyone wipes their feet with them, and once in awhile someone leaves dog **** on them.

We are all dumber for reading your post. :nod:

I'm pretty sure the Coyotes will get even more respect next season considering what they accomplished this season.

Merci*

We are all dumber for reading your post. :nod:

I'm pretty sure the Coyotes will get even more respect next season considering what they accomplished this season.

Who is dumb? Your player made part of that comment...do your research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad