Phoenix LV: is Has Left the Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Well, even I have to admit that I'm thinking there will be no relocation this year.

Sorry, QC, looks like you guys are really getting screwed over here.

Yeah, I kinda have to agree. The opposite is still possible, but the way things are going, after this week, in my opinion it'll be ost likely too late.

Anyways, I'll have fun next year whatever happens. With Pavelec signed, I'm looking forward to the next Jets seasons.

And with a lot of Yotes players leaving on July first (and instability preventing further signings), I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be an horrible season in the desert, with record low attendance and record high losses for the NHL!

So Go Jets go and **** the NHL!

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
My speculation is that the NHL wants to see what happens with the signatures to bring on referenda. No sigs = room for Jamison yet to purchase. Sigs = prolonged circumstances, no chance for Jamison = relocation yet.

In this scenario, what NHL really wants is extension for 2 weeks :)), but they had to settle for a month. It won't matter to them anyway, because they are not doing much as "Arena Operator" right now.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
yeah but it says they are looking to extend it again.. for another 30 days... so July 27 is the new agreement if this goes forward

Sheesh. Some might not be familiar with the fact the lease was extended once already. Not everyone reads every post in here. Thought I was saving posting space wasted on queries about the prior lease extension. Guess I was wrong.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
The thing is even if they extend the lease 1 month, they could still decide to move the coyotes within that month. Its not if the Coyotes will play during that month

Puckschmuck*

This thread should now be locked, no? We are way past the 1,000 post mark.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
its only a matter of moments before the mods lock this one since the next one has already started.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
If a franchise is terminated, the team will be in breach of it's player contracts and under the Default clause (paragraph 12) of the SPCs, if the team does not cure the default within 14 days, the league has a 7 day window to assume any SPCs (if it chooses) and assign them as they see fit (dispersal draft, immediately stocking a new expansion team, etc). If the team doesn't cure the default and the NHL doesn't assume the SPCs, the contracts are terminated and the players become UFAs.

Edit: NTCs or NMCs would have no effect on the League assuming and assigning the SPCs, since NTCs/NMCs only prevent "the involuntary relocation of a Player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim" - and the League's action would be none of those.

Thanks. I originally wrote "KDB can probably discuss the process off the top of his head". I deleted it because I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to summon you to this topic. But since you''re here and based on the above, would you agree that the league could contract a team without any real risk of paying out a significant amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad