Phoenix CXXXII: The Upside Down Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
And secondly, to point out that these transgressions occurred under LeBlanc, Drummond & the NHL, Barroway inheriting that little mess along with the Shane Doan situation. Yes he was part owner for a portion of the time in question however he wasnt in their handling the day-day....
He wasn't just part owner, he was majority owner. Just because he wasn't handling day to day ops doesn't mean he wasn't complacent or unaware of it. Looking at Mr. Whitener's employment timeline, the long hours with no OT started from the very beginning in 2011 and continued on until June 2017. IA took over the team in August/September of 2013 so it had been going on for 2 years already. Appears IA either didn't know or didn't care and continued a year later when Barroway came onto the scene. Ignorance isn't an excuse (at least that's what I was told about getting traffic tickets and such).

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
...That being said.... its time for him & Bettman to be making some statements. Providing some form of surety to the market & fan base. This running silent running deep nonsense aint workin. Need to come clean.

But...but...this is how they approach the market...
th

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
He wasn't just part owner, he was majority owner. Just because he wasn't handling day to day ops doesn't mean he wasn't complacent or unaware of it. Looking at Mr. Whitener's employment timeline, the long hours with no OT started from the very beginning in 2011 and continued on until June 2017. IA took over the team in August/September of 2013 so it had been going on for 2 years already. Appears IA either didn't know or didn't care and continued a year later when Barroway came onto the scene. Ignorance isn't an excuse (at least that's what I was told about getting traffic tickets and such).

No question that just because AB entered the scene behind LeBlanc and company does not absolve himself of any blame. I presume a supposedly smart guy like AB would have to do his due diligence before making a major commitment to being the primary owner of an NHL team? Had he done such he had to know of the ineptitude and malfeasance of the group that he was joining hands with? AB is nothing more than a league backed extension of the IA clowns. He has virtually no experience in running or managing a major league franchise and did not hire anyone who did. Instead, he walked in with GB`s blessing and relied on a bunch of nobody`s to run the franchise. How did that work out? With an even more green owner (AB) taking the reigns last summer and making an even bigger mess. HIs hiring of Patterson was nothing more than window dressing to make it appear that they were really serious about a new arena search in the East Valley. Anyone who believes they have made any progress in that search is kidding themselves. Andy Barroway is unequipped to be the owner of this franchise, GB knows this and perhaps is why he put him in charge with few resources and a chain around his neck. To Killy`s point, GB needs to come forward and put an end to this endless charade of trying to put figures in charge of something the NHL has owned all along.

Reactions: Fairview

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Well.... I'm a little more "forgiving" I guess (?) with respect to that, give him the benefit of the doubt, that he wasnt involved in the day~day to the extent that he even had dealings with sales, support & administrative staff. That he was very likely hands off & was being fed whatever tripe, whatever daily, weekly & monthly offal LeBlanc & Drummond were serving up. Same thing with George Gosbee earlier on. I'm not about to be applying normal civil much less criminal standards & exoneration with respect to ignorance of the law as its my belief that with so many Bad Actors in the room telling him what he wanted to hear, had no real knowledge of what was really going on. IA, the NHL, they were (and the League still is) playing everybody.... That being said, he's now the principal player and has been since LeBlanc & Co's exit, there are no more Get Out of Jail Free Cards available & both he & the League need to step up to the plate here & provide the fans & the market with some real, solid & genuine surety.. particularly so after this past seasons disaster of a performance having promised much last spring & summer.

Reactions: mesamonster

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Phoenix CXXXIII: Still Crazy After All These Years
Phoenix CXXXIII: 50 Ways to Leave Glendale

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
To Killy`s point, GB needs to come forward and put an end to this endless charade of trying to put figures in charge of something the NHL has owned all along.

Yeah, both he & Andrew Barroway... Once a week if "slow news" I'll usually do a general search of the Coyotes / Andrew Barroway .... other key words punched in, see what comes up..... and whats mostly been coming up are some serious criticisms of Chayka & Tocchet, Rick in particular who many seem to be feeling is simply not HC material given the lack of preparedness of his troops for most of the season. Secondarily, the lack of money, Cap Cellar Dwellers... inability to attract & sign the kind of help they require; to keep what talent they do have be they ELC's entering RFA & or UFA's. Much of the criticism Ive read pretty scathing.

And while I dont like to encourage a whole lot of talk here on BOH better suited for F40, Coyotes Team Page, generally, taking a broader view & the business aspects to the disaster thats been the 17/18 season combined with the total lack of noise on the arena front.... this lack of communication simply has got to stop. They need to be taking action & communicating publicly ASAP, on an ongoing basis. Tell people how they plan to improve the product, how theyve been going about their pursuit of a new site, new arena & where thats at... and if its bad news then lets hear that as well. People respond well to being told the truth & in a great many cases will ally themselves with a troubled franchise & dig in, dole out, help out & buy in if they like & trust ownership. That he/they/it are being honest with them, doing, not just telling them their doing everything possible to save the ship, haul her off the shoals.... So, whats the plan? Do people not deserve an honest answer?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'd vote for Looney Toons, written by Le (Blanc): the Wil. E. Coyotes still chasing the Roadrunners. That Coyote just won't die.

Bring in the medicine men, that seems to be the only way they'll survive. Can a hockey team be a historical remedy in reconciliation?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
I'd vote for Looney Toons, written by Le (Blanc): the Wil. E. Coyotes still chasing the Roadrunners. That Coyote just won't die.

Bring in the medicine men, that seems to be the only way they'll survive. Can a hockey team be a historical remedy in reconciliation?

To keep with a Looney Tunes theme...

Phoenix CXXXIII: Private Snafu's Arena Mission
Phoenix CXXXIII: Beaky Buzzard - Circling For An Arena
Phoenix CXXXIII: Colonel Shuffle's Last Hill
Phoenix CXXXIII: Cecil Turtle - Arena News Soon

or...

Phoenix CXXXIII: The Answer Is Blowing In The Wind...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
.... :huh: Colonel Shuffles Last Hill?. Who is "Colonel Shuffle"?............ regardless.... I like it!. :laugh:

Reactions: Llama19

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
come on Feckless, you can take these amateurs...

Arte Johnson: Every morning I touch my shoes 25 times.
Dan Rowan; No kidding?
Arte Johnson; Yep. Then I get out of bed and put them on.

... so.... you being lazy DOM?... wheres your contribution?... already done Laugh-In so thats out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
These are still going? What could there possibly be to talk about?

This is like the last chapter of the novel "King Rat". The soldiers left the camp. Nobody remembers what's under this hut.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Arte Johnson: Every morning I touch my shoes 25 times.
Dan Rowan; No kidding?
Arte Johnson; Yep. Then I get out of bed and put them on.

... so.... you being lazy DOM?... wheres your contribution?... already done Laugh-In so thats out.

Oh, I know *I'm* an amateur. If it were up to me TFP would be the given the moniker "thread title laureate".

Nothing. Not that that stops people.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Phoenix CXXXIII: The Sound of Silence
Phoenix CXXXIII: 133 Threads and Nothing (Going) On
Phoenix CXXXIII: East Side Dirt Makes Me Scream and Shout
Phoenix CXXXIII: The Eastmaster, starring Steve Patterson
Phoenix CXXXIII: Building the Perfect East
Phoenix CXXXIII: You Better, You Better, You Bettman
Phoenix CXXXIII: You Say Goodbye, I Say "Hello?"

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

This is like the last chapter of the novel "King Rat". The soldiers left the camp. Nobody remembers what's under this hut.

Yes... yes rt... "These are still going on"... the "situation" is still going on.... and until its resolved... these threads will continue to go on.... and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on for it seems Gary Bettmans patience is in fact..... infinite.... Beyond the beyond... through gamma, out of sight..... Beyond: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdiVSQj3ZFg .... a marathon without end.... beyond this earthly plain... dimension... lifetime.... to our Childrens Children the mantle will fall.... to infinity & beyond..... on and on and on and on and..... I'm likin Colonel Shuffles up there.... so it shall be.... come to pass. Good job Llama.....

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'll take " who could own the Coyotes " for $100 Alex....

Arizona Coyotes: Three What ifs for the Coyotes

There are about a dozen billionaires in Arizona who could afford to buy the Coyotes. But the best fit is probably Arturo Moreno, who already is a sports owner, the billionaire who owns the Los Angeles Angels. That’s a team that spends a lot of money. Moreno, being from Arizona, would likely be the one to buy the team if they could make it affordable enough.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
This beats an obscure, almost racially-tinged Looney Tunes reference every day of the week and 2x on Sundays

What?.... How is Colonel Shuffle "racially-tinged"?... That character to the best of my knowledge not part of the Censored Eleven from the Warner Brothers "shorts" catalog.... You'll have to do better than that Councillor.... and as much as I love the Who & yes, thats also a decent thread title.... not a big fan of Pete Townshend "the person, human being"... So should my appraisal, judgement of his character which I find lacking in many respects... should that somehow preclude my liking, appreciating & respecting his writing, musicianship & music?. That I should Boycott all things Who because Petes a Dink?.... Carry on.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Oh, I know *I'm* an amateur. If it were up to me TFP would be the given the moniker "thread title laureate".

Nothing. Not that that stops people.

Thats the point, by saying nothing management fuels the idea that this whole saga of a new arena is nothing more than a deception by AB and GB. Deception in the wake of ineptitude makes some of us question the integrity and honesty of this group. Where is the transparency with the fans, the media etc. There is none and therefore hiding under these clouds of secrecy are more unanswered questions about the future of this franchise?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Thats the point, by saying nothing management fuels the idea that this whole saga of a new arena is nothing more than a deception by AB and GB. Deception in the wake of ineptitude makes some of us question the integrity and honesty of this group. Where is the transparency with the fans, the media etc. There is none and therefore hiding under these clouds of secrecy are more unanswered questions about the future of this franchise?

What really needs to happen is a movement by the season ticket holders on mass to cancel their tickets for next season unless an answer is given that will finalize the status of this team once and for all. No more "we are looking" or " we are working on it" forever. Actually that's wrong because the team isn't even saying that anymore. And why give money to an organization if it's all just a delay tactic when the team will ultimately move?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What?.... How is Colonel Shuffle "racially-tinged"?... That character to the best of my knowledge not part of the Censored Eleven from the Warner Brothers "shorts" catalog.... You'll have to do better than that Councillor.... and as much as I love the Who & yes, thats also a decent thread title.... not a big fan of Pete Townshend "the person, human being"... So should my appraisal, judgement of his character which I find lacking in many respects... should that somehow preclude my liking, appreciating & respecting his writing, musicianship & music?. That I should Boycott all things Who because Petes a Dink?.... Carry on.

What aggravates me is that The Who thread title is the worst of the bunch that I came up with. Come on - "The Eastmaster" alone is pure gold. I guess this is just a pro-camelid place, huh? :D

Reactions: Killion

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
What really needs to happen is a movement by the season ticket holders on mass to cancel their tickets for next season unless an answer is given that will finalize the status of this team once and for all. No more "we are looking" or " we are working on it" forever. Actually that's wrong because the team isn't even saying that anymore. And why give money to an organization if it's all just a delay tactic when the team will ultimately move?

Because while the games are being played here you can't expect to attend for free? And, damned if we do damned if we don't, if we did something like a boycott, the only thing that would get talked about here is the attendance dropping. You know I'm right about this.

What?.... How is Colonel Shuffle "racially-tinged"?....

For whom might a colonel wearing gray and talking with a southern accent be a colonel? And even if he's not part of an officially censored list, how come neither you nor I (and I doubt more than 1 or 2% of anyone younger than me) had heard of him, hmmmmm???

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Where is the transparency with the fans, the media etc. There is none and therefore hiding under these clouds of secrecy are more unanswered questions about the future of this franchise?

*groan* point taken....BUT....Is it necessary to ask these things every gd day, though? (answer, no, it isn't...once every two weeks should suffice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille