Phoenix CXXXII: The Upside Down Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookie21

Dec 26, 2017
It was time for Doan to go, if you watch hockey you can't disagree with that.. Should have been put out to the glue factory 2 years ago.

Reactions: Killion

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
It was time for Doan to go, if you watch hockey you can't disagree with that.. Should have been put out to the glue factory 2 years ago.
You completely missed the point! Of course Doan was done, nobody disputes that fact. It was the way in which he was sent walking that was so callous and cold. Andy Barroway, as the owner of the Coyotes, should have been the one to inform Shane that they would not be offering him another contract. He could have done this with an offer to remain with the club in some capacity or as an ambassador for the team. Shane Doan has played for the same franchise his entire career, I`m sure he could have left in FA any number of times for more money, but chose loyalty over money. To reward his leadership, loyalty and abilities over a long career Barroway sent his youthful GM Chayka in with the axe. In a 15 minute breakfast meeting Chayka basically insulted Doan with the dismissal. Is that the way a thoughtful owner should deal with the face of the franchise? Not at all, then to top it off Doan was so offended he has refused to be any part of the organization going forward. When did you see that happen before when a legend calls out the ownership for its fecklessness? Shane Doan gave so much of himself to this franchise and in return received a cold shoulder from a real creep. AB is not a real man, he is whimp hiding behind Uncle Gary. He has little equity in this deal and little to no money left to run this organization in a manner sufficient to charge people to attend. This guy does`t even have the balls to come forward publicly and talk candidly to the fans about the future of this franchise. A good owner may stand behind the curtain, but is doing the odd interview every now and then enunciating his goals and desires for the team. Perhaps even laying out his vision and his expectations of the team and how he is going to be a part of that with his financial and emotional commitment to that cause. This guy has done none of that, why? because he is a weak man without any real money in this franchise. He is simply a financial buyer waiting to flip his ownership as soon as possible.

Reactions: Llama19

Bookie21

Dec 26, 2017
Well, this is pro sports and players getting cut unceremoniously happens every day. The Coyotes didn't owe him anything because Doan hadn't made his intentions known if he wanted to keep playing or not. The Coyotes made it clear he was unwanted.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well, this is pro sports and players getting cut unceremoniously happens every day. The Coyotes didn't owe him anything because Doan hadn't made his intentions known if he wanted to keep playing or not. The Coyotes made it clear he was unwanted.

No, you don`t throw a legend out in 15 minutes! It speaks to the type of owner this guy is, weak, narcissistic and completely uncaring about the qualities of a good human being. BTW, what is in it for AB? How hard is it to show respect for his years and devotion? Not hard, how many fans do you think found it disingenuous that this newby owner sends in his hatchet man to disparage a team legend? His decision costs the team a future spokesman/ambassador who would have gladly promoted the team. Instead, he is cast off, if I am a FA and have a friendship with Doan I ask him about going to the Coyotes, what do you think Shane will tell him? My point is, why do this in the fashion they did? If nothing more it was another in a string of piss poor business decisions made by the creep AB!

Why do you think Tippett left $12MM on the table? He did so because he saw how poorly this fellow was managing the team, DT saw the downside of associating with a "bad guy" who is attempting to cheap his way through ownership while also demeaning those he employs.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
No, you don`t throw a legend out in 15 minutes! It speaks to the type of owner this guy is, weak, narcissistic and completely uncaring about the qualities of a good human being. BTW, what is in it for AB? How hard is it to show respect for his years and devotion? Not hard, how many fans do you think found it disingenuous that this newby owner sends in his hatchet man to disparage a team legend? His decision costs the team a future spokesman/ambassador who would have gladly promoted the team. Instead, he is cast off, if I am a FA and have a friendship with Doan I ask him about going to the Coyotes, what do you think Shane will tell him? My point is, why do this in the fashion they did? If nothing more it was another in a string of piss poor business decisions made by the creep AB!

Why do you think Tippett left $12MM on the table? He did so because he saw how poorly this fellow was managing the team, DT saw the downside of associating with a "bad guy" who is attempting to cheap his way through ownership while also demeaning those he employs.

Tippett got himself installed as Vice President of hockey ops. Meaning he was actually above Chayka on the food chain and in a prime position to choose what he wanted..... and only had to answer to Drummond who admittedly knew nothing about hockey. How’d that work out last year??

Doan himself said he wanted time away from the team even though he’s been seen hanging around with the players off hours. Barroway made it clear that retiring Doan’s number is dependent on when Doan says he’s ready. If Doan decided he wanted it before the end of this season you can be sure he would be accommodated.

Every time you come in here with some obscure excuse to slag this franchise you end up embarrassing yourself. Just stop.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Was looking for something else and I came across this little tidbit for people who might be looking at the Coyotes and the Suns sharing the same facility one day...

Stadium Games

"Bettman made a policy decision early in his administration, which began soon after Green left for Dallas. That policy was this: No NHL team in any city where an NBA team played would have a worse lease agreement than the NBA team. Bettman refused to place his NHL franchises in a second-class-citizen position to any rival NBA team in the same market"

So if the Suns and Coyotes were to both be tenants in the same building the Coyotes would have to be placed at least on equal footing to the Suns, as far as leases go.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So if the Suns and Coyotes were to both be tenants in the same building the Coyotes would have to be placed at least on equal footing to the Suns, as far as leases go.

As many of us have said ad nauseum over the course of this saga, that's not gonna happen while Robert Sarver is breathing.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Tippett got himself installed as Vice President of hockey ops. Meaning he was actually above Chayka on the food chain and in a prime position to choose what he wanted..... and only had to answer to Drummond who admittedly knew nothing about hockey. How’d that work out last year??

Doan himself said he wanted time away from the team even though he’s been seen hanging around with the players off hours. Barroway made it clear that retiring Doan’s number is dependent on when Doan says he’s ready. If Doan decided he wanted it before the end of this season you can be sure he would be accommodated.

Every time you come in here with some obscure excuse to slag this franchise you end up embarrassing yourself. Just stop.

So you are saying everything they did in informing Shane Doan that they would not be offering him a new contract was done in the correct way? An individual of Doan`s character and loyalty should have been told of the non renewal by the owner, not a wet behind the ears nerd in his first year. And TL, I don`t see any reason to stop pointing out what a poor job he has done as the owner. Ownership is vital in any business discussion, you just happen think AB walks on water, I don`t!

Bookie21

Dec 26, 2017
So you are saying everything they did in informing Shane Doan that they would not be offering him a new contract was done in the correct way? An individual of Doan`s character and loyalty should have been told of the non renewal by the owner, not a wet behind the ears nerd in his first year. And TL, I don`t see any reason to stop pointing out what a poor job he has done as the owner. Ownership is vital in any business discussion, you just happen think AB walks on water, I don`t!
You speak as if Doan was Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky. They didn't offer him a contract, end of story. The Coyotes fans I've talked to were glad they never offered him one.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
You speak as if Doan was Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky. They didn't offer him a contract, end of story. The Coyotes fans I've talked to were glad they never offered him one.

I never said they should offer him a contract! I said the manner in which they told him that he was not going to be offered was done in poor taste and by the wrong person. It speaks volumes of their character and disinterest in doing things the right way. The issue is not the quality of the player, the issue is that of dignity and respect. They disrespected Doan and his years service and loyalty by basically telling him the news in curt and demeaning fashion for player that has given so much of his time and energy to the organization and the community. Obviously, Doan was offended by the manner in which it was done, I happen to blame that on Barroway, because frankly I don`t think he really gives a damn!

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
I would think to this organization, it's as close to Lemieux or Gretzky as they have ever had or will have for at least another decade.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Ownership is vital in any business discussion, you just happen think AB walks on water, I don`t!

And he said he thinks that where, exactly? You've tried to put words like that in my mouth, too. This is part of the "you're embarrassing yourself"...

I think you should bare your soul, once and for all, sparing no details, exactly why you feel the way you do about these people. That would end this pointless back-and-forth once and for all, or at least explain it. (same advice goes for the cloven hooved as well, frankly)

...Or not, and we can keep doing this for the next 1,2,5,10,20 years.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I never said they should offer him a contract! I said the manner in which they told him that he was not going to be offered was done in poor taste and by the wrong person. It speaks volumes of their character and disinterest in doing things the right way. The issue is not the quality of the player, the issue is that of dignity and respect. They disrespected Doan and his years service and loyalty by basically telling him the news in curt and demeaning fashion for player that has given so much of his time and energy to the organization and the community. Obviously, Doan was offended by the manner in which it was done, I happen to blame that on Barroway, because frankly I don`t think he really gives a damn!

Look. I love Shane Doan as a person and as a hockey player probably as much as anyone in the world. But Chayka was ripping a band-aid off when he told Doan he wasn't coming back. It was quick, it was to the point, and it was necessary. Was there an abject lack of fawning and glad-handing? Yes. But why should a pro like Doan expect that, particularly when he would know it wasn't genuine? Neither Chayka nor Barroway have the history with the franchise that all of Doan's biggest fans have, so it would have been a pale imitation at best.

Beyond that, though - and I can't emphasize this enough - someone had to disabuse Doan of the notion that he was an effective NHL hockey player. Hemming and hawing wasn't going to do it. In fact, I think Chayka simply saying that they weren't going to offer a contract might have been far kinder than was required - given that Doan believed that last season was an outlier (27 points) and that the season before was evidence that he still had years left in his game. The only way the Coyotes were going to play Doan during a full rebuild, though, was on the fourth line with limited minutes. Doan would have been extremely unhappy with that role, to the point where if Chayka had actually offered the contract Doan might not have even signed it.

Chayka gave Doan a clean break, and that clean break allowed Doan to realize it was time to retire. That realization takes a while to sink in, and so I'm not surprised that Doan didn't want his number retired immediately. He'll get there, though. He's been off the ice now for the better part of a season and has moved on to new roles in the game. Once he's adjusted, he'll work with the franchise to do the number retirement.

Personally, while I thought the abruptness with which it was handled to be off-putting at the time, I nonetheless agreed completely with the decision. I didn't want to see Shane Doan go out with a whimper of a season. I can only imagine how it would have looked had he been around for the disastrous start of this season - he'd have only attracted more howls of "RETIRE!" and derision.

TL;DR - It was the best thing for everyone involved.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Didn’t say that at all. In fact if you go look back you’ll find I didn’t think Doan was handled very well at all..... but understood it because of feeling Barroway had a corporate approach to things and Doan was handled just in that fashion.

The fact that Barroway went public shortly afterwards to admit he should have handled it better gained a bit of respect from me.

I know you aren’t going to stop shoveling manure at this franchise because nine years of it hasn’t taught you anything. But you can quit trying to put words in my mouth because you’re very bad at it.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Doan may not have made his intentions clear, but it was obviously from his level of compete that he was ready for pasture-ization.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
When did you see that happen before when a legend calls out the ownership for its fecklessness?

Just in Toronto alone, twice; Keon & Sittler... though both still active at the time. Keon's never forgiven Ballard, looked upon ownership that followed with cynicism, refusing to return for various ceremonies over the intervening years & decades but for a few... Sittler eventually returning, hired as a "Team Ambassador".... All kinds of examples actually. Ted Lindsay & Detroit. Doug Harvey & for awhile Maurice Richard, Guy Lafluer & Montreal. Phil Esposito & Chicago. THere are others.... Then theres #99..... Gretzky & Moyes, Gretzky & the NHL. He's far too polite & PC to be airing his grievances publicly and for sure he was seriously perturbed with the way things went down in Glendale, with Ellman & Moyes, Bettman & Daly, the NHL in general..... To suggest Shane Doan is in any of that company however.... not likely. What he was however was unique in the modern era, single franchise player. Well liked & respected in the community obviously. But a Superstar or even "Star" player... not so much. Always with guys like that, "what if"? What if he'd played for Detroit, Chicago....

Last edited:

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Didn’t say that at all. In fact if you go look back you’ll find I didn’t think Doan was handled very well at all..... but understood it because of feeling Barroway had a corporate approach to things and Doan was handled just in that fashion.

The fact that Barroway went public shortly afterwards to admit he should have handled it better gained a bit of respect from me.

I know you aren’t going to stop shoveling manure at this franchise because nine years of it hasn’t taught you anything. But you can quit trying to put words in my mouth because you’re very bad at it.

I guess you are going to have to live with my opinions TL, the same as I will live with yours. We see this man and parts of this franchise from differing perspectives. Wonderful thing about this world we live in is the ability to be able to express ourselves in ways that we choose. Carry on!

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Doan may not have made his intentions clear, but it was obviously from his level of compete that he was ready for pasture-ization.

To quote:

"Barroway was actively involved in the changes this summer, a roster retooling that included cutting ties with longtime captain Shane Doan. While Barroway said the decision to not offer Doan a contract was the right hockey move, he said he could have handled it better by telling Doan the news in person instead of having Chayka do it.

“I apologize to Shane and the fans," he said. " ... With that said, it's time to move forward. We're trying to build a winning team, not a situation where we put out some players that some of the fans might like (and) we're not going to be competitive anyway, so who cares? We're here to win now, and I think you could see by some of our offseason moves. We’re going to build a team that can compete, and compete in the near-term.""

Source: www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2017/07/14/andrew-barroway-reaffirms-commitment-keeping-coyotes-arizona/478144001/

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
For those who earlier in the thread were wondering about losses, I can reiterate my earlier back-of-the-napkin calculations:

Question: If the NHL is actually guaranteeing all losses for the Coyotes right now, so that IA got out without losing anything, and Barroway is operating with a guarantee of the same, then how much are they actually in for????

First: NHL purchased the team for 140M out of bankruptcy. This was in Oct/Nov of 2009.
For 10-11 and 11-12, COG paid the NHL 25M/yr. This is the famous 'insurance' which negotiations were made under threat of relocation. The only reason this is important to our figuring is for the sake of 'ballpark numbers.'
NHL "sold" to IA in Aug of 2013, and IA itself reported losses of 34M in the following year, with 15M or so of that being in a contract buyout. This was with a net 10M subsidy from COG. Thus, the team itself lost 18M - 19M that year. Arena management seems to cost about 4-5M in losses at this time, so that subsidy from COG could be called 5-6M or so. Thus, the team lost 18-19M, and it would have been in the neighborhood of 25M with no arena management rights. That fits the ballpark of the 'insurance' fee, and thus corroborates our calculations.
Again, the figures: 140 for the initial purchase. Break even in the 2 years with the 25M. Then a blank year. That's got to be close to a 20M loss. Then, 34M in 13-14. Total at this point: 195M.
Now, 14-15. The season losses are 18-19M. There is a net 5M subsidy. That makes a 13-14M loss. Plus, interest on about 200M. Let's call it 4%. That's 8M. Thus, about 21-22M in losses. Total now: 218M or so.
15-16. Loss of subsidy. IA now running the arena themselves. Call the 6.5M from Glendale a 1M profit for IA. Season losses? Well, salary cap up, revenues equal. Losses up maybe 2M (guess, but good enough for us). Season losses: 18M or so. Plus, interest on the now 220M, or 9M. 27M total. Total now: 245M or so....
16-17: No arena arrangements at all. Cap up, revenues level. Season losses: 21-22M. Interest? 10M Total losses? 31-32M. Total in which NHL is responsible? 275M or so.
17-18: Season losses: 25M (estimated). Interest? 11M. Total? 36M. Overall total? 310M or so.

These are conservative estimates. You notice that we went from 25M/yr in losses during NHL ownership to as estimate of 18 under IA. If those extra 7M were losses as well, that drives the total higher - to about 350, plus the extra interest.

I have done this before, and ended up higher than 400M at end of year 2018. There is no way to be absolutely sure, but for those wondering how the losses are calculated, this is the way it goes.

The conclusion that always ends up in my mind is: The league will not let itself be under for more than it can get from a relocation sale. That's the time limit on the team in AZ. Either a new arena, with subsidy, or a relocation, and the above is the time limit.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Nicely done! This is basically the numbers that have been bandied about for quite some time. I might add that in 17-18 AB was forced to borrow more to pay off his IA partners, we don`t know what that amount was but likely adds additional interest expense to the year and expands the outstanding debt. They either find a new arena soon paid for by a white Knight or next year is likely not going to be a good experience. I have felt all along that AB does not have the wherewithal to continue to withstand the economic punishment and therefore i surmised he would be pushed from the ownership pedestal. Why GB doesn`t tell him to take a hike is interesting, what is his real purpose if he no longer controls this team from a financial standpoint?

Reactions: Fairview

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Nicely done! This is basically the numbers that have been bandied about for quite some time. I might add that in 17-18 AB was forced to borrow more to pay off his IA partners, we don`t know what that amount was but likely adds additional interest expense to the year and expands the outstanding debt. They either find a new arena soon paid for by a white Knight or next year is likely not going to be a good experience. I have felt all along that AB does not have the wherewithal to continue to withstand the economic punishment and therefore i surmised he would be pushed from the ownership pedestal. Why GB doesn`t tell him to take a hike is interesting, what is his real purpose if he no longer controls this team from a financial standpoint?
My guess would be that no one really wants to use their own money to buy this team, as is ..where is. Bettman would need to find another stooge like Borrowaway to step in and play his part and a stooge is a stooge, the next one would likely be no better... so why change?
For Borrowaway, he is "living the dream" and the league has got his back.
Under no circumstance does the league want to have the stooges disappear and the league is left holding the bag. It was hard enough finding the Ice Clowns to step in for them the last time that the league admitted ownership.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Ive been periodically searching the web for a report on what might have eventuated with the NLRB Hearing that was scheduled for January 9th 2018 pursuant to the breaking story of mid-November 2017 of various complaints filed by Arizona Coyotes Sales & Administrative staff..... The National Labor Relations Board received 2 complaints over 13 months from disgruntled employee's, one working in Payroll, the other in Premium Ticket Sales, both adjudicated by the NLRB & while the Coyotes never admitted to being at fault settlements were reached with both individuals. Accusations included.... inaccurate record keeping of hours worked, unpaid overtime, union busting & spying on employees', employee's being fired for complaining about their pay checks lack of overtime pay & so on & so forth.

All settled behind closed doors but for one, James Whitener, the aforementioned engaged in Premium Ticket Sales, who did partially settle in September of last year but also sued, scheduled hearing date of January 2018 before the NLRB and then.... nothing. No reports in the media, no nothing. No announcement of a Ruling. No announcement of a Settlement. Somehow all "made to go away".... I remember reading his Lawyers filings, that he'd started in Sales with the Coyotes in September 2011 & was with them through to June 2017 (or thereabouts).... workday beginning at 6:30am & usually not done until 6:30pm or later, evenings & weekends included (attending games & events, overseeing suite clientele, STH's etc), being paid for a 40hr week when in reality, pretty much double that from October through March & April....

Anyone read, heard anything? None of the other teams in the market have ever had complaints filed against them with the NLRB, not the Suns, not the D-Backs, not the Cards. Absolute poison to any major league team, akin to accusations of sexual harassment or even criminal complaints against an owner or senior executive. Yet here there appeared to be some systemic & obviously financial problems which seemingly have been resolved, I'd imagine some serious payouts (with one would think NHL contributions) made to the complainants who then had to sign NDA's, these matters then swept under the rug, disappeared... I bring this up as I'm curious about it, like, what eventuated? And secondly, to point out that these transgressions occurred under LeBlanc, Drummond & the NHL, Barroway inheriting that little mess along with the Shane Doan situation. Yes he was part owner for a portion of the time in question however he wasnt in their handling the day-day....

... ha?.... you paying attention mesa? :punk: ... see what I'm sayin here?

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And secondly, to point out that these transgressions occurred under LeBlanc, Drummond & the NHL, Barroway inheriting that little mess along with the Shane Doan situation.

I don't know the details of the cases but from a completely superficial understanding of the situation, this is squarely in IceArizona's modus operandi. They seem to have treated their employees the same way they treated the City of Glendale. Say what you want about Barroway - and we all have, including me - but there's no way on this planet that this guy could be any worse than LeBlanc and his cronies.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Ive been periodically searching the web for a report on what might have eventuated with the NLRB Hearing that was scheduled for January 9th 2018 pursuant to the breaking story of mid-November 2017 of various complaints filed by Arizona Coyotes Sales & Administrative staff..... The National Labor Relations Board received 2 complaints over 13 months from disgruntled employee's, one working in Payroll, the other in Premium Ticket Sales, both adjudicated by the NLRB & while the Coyotes never admitted to being at fault settlements were reached with both individuals. Accusations included.... inaccurate record keeping of hours worked, unpaid overtime, union busting & spying on employees', employee's being fired for complaining about their pay checks lack of overtime pay & so on & so forth.

All settled behind closed doors but for one, James Whitener, the aforementioned engaged in Premium Ticket Sales, who did partially settle in September of last year but also sued, scheduled hearing date of January 2018 before the NLRB and then.... nothing. No reports in the media, no nothing. No announcement of a Ruling. No announcement of a Settlement. Somehow all "made to go away".... I remember reading his Lawyers filings, that he'd started in Sales with the Coyotes in September 2011 & was with them through to June 2017 (or thereabouts).... workday beginning at 6:30am & usually not done until 6:30pm or later, evenings & weekends included (attending games & events, overseeing suite clientele, STH's etc), being paid for a 40hr week when in reality, pretty much double that from October through March & April....

Anyone read, heard anything? None of the other teams in the market have ever had complaints filed against them with the NLRB, not the Suns, not the D-Backs, not the Cards. Absolute poison to any major league team, akin to accusations of sexual harassment or even criminal complaints against an owner or senior executive. Yet here there appeared to be some systemic & obviously financial problems which seemingly have been resolved, I'd imagine some serious payouts (with one would think NHL contributions) made to the complainants who then had to sign NDA's, these matters then swept under the rug, disappeared... I bring this up as I'm curious about it, like, what eventuated? And secondly, to point out that these transgressions occurred under LeBlanc, Drummond & the NHL, Barroway inheriting that little mess along with the Shane Doan situation. Yes he was part owner for a portion of the time in question however he wasnt in their handling the day-day....

... ha?.... you paying attention mesa? :punk: ... see what I'm sayin here?

Forgot all about this...thanks for the update...

The Arizona Republic article (www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-investigations/2017/11/15/arizona-coyotes-accused-not-properly-paying-employees-union-busting-nlrb-complaints/867408001/) has not been updated since November 2017...and the second case (www.nlrb.gov/case/28-CA-201602) is still open...

As with most things regarding the ownership of this franchise...things just drag on...and on...and on...

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I don't know the details of the cases but from a completely superficial understanding of the situation, this is squarely in IceArizona's modus operandi. They seem to have treated their employees the same way they treated the City of Glendale. Say what you want about Barroway - and we all have, including me - but there's no way on this planet that this guy could be any worse than LeBlanc and his cronies.

Ya, and it actually speaks somewhat positively of him as per the supposed "mishandling" of the Doan situation along with this, which in both cases he inherited. While the "official story" was that he was Majority Owner from what we know that was pretty much nothing more than titular, the direction, the day-day, that was all on LeBlanc really, Drummond to a lesser extent. Absolute neophytes who had they a clue at all, real owners, then they would have been transitioning Shane Doan beginning in 2013 to an off-ice role with the team or politely have let him go sign elsewhere, as for several seasons the guy was clearly an obstacle to the re-build so desperately needed; what eventuated entirely avoidable & a most unfortunate set of circumstances for Barroway & Chayka to have to deal with right off the bat....

Then theres this NLRB crap that he also inherited and ya, absolutely, has IA's fingerprints all over it. Boiler Room. What on earth were they doing demanding sales personnel showup in the office at 6:30am... then flog them through a 12.5 hour day? Lousy $$$, no overtime, "this is a lifestyle, not a J.O.B. kiddo, your in the Big Leagues, livin the dream... so.... how many Seasons Tickets you gunna sell today?... first one to hit 6 pair wins a coupon, 2-4-1 cheese melt sammich downstairs at Tims'".... So this guy Whitener with at least half a brain and after 6yrs of it under the NHL & IA finally cracks, snaps... Barroway walking right into that mess as well.... Then theres the dereliction of duty pursuant to maintenance of the building under both the NHL & IA. Real nice mess left for AEG to cleanup.... Unbelievable. Tenants, employers, stewards of your team from Hell.... So I think we should be assigning blame to those who deserve it & I'm not seeing it with Andrew Barroway on these matters.

That being said.... its time for him & Bettman to be making some statements. Providing some form of surety to the market & fan base. This running silent running deep nonsense aint workin. Need to come clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad