Phoenix CXXX: Sock it to ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ A clocks right once a day... good luck building your cred on that.
............... Fool me once shame on you, twice shame on me ...............

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
^^^ A clocks right once a day... good luck building your cred on that.
............... Fool me once shame on you, twice shame on me ...............

In AZ the clocks never change. ;)

BTW.... Kypreos referred to IA's failed deal with the "University of Arizona"..... not ASU. A pretty big mistake for something that was widely publicized.

:dunce:

Last edited:
Reactions: AZviaNJ and Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
In AZ the clocks never change. ;)

This is true... however the various vortexes & portals that open into the dimensions of 100's of billions of universes, traveling through the space-time continuum around the 4 Corners of NM, NV, CO & AZ, well, that can be tricky without at least a drug store watch, gas station map.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
[QUOTE="TheLegend, post: 137495237, member: 9BTW.... Kypreos referred to IA's failed deal with the "University of Arizona"..... not ASU. A pretty big mistake for something that was widely publicized. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a significant slip. Who knows, maybe he has "sources" that the arena will be built in . . . Tucson!:huh:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Congratulations, you've snubbed and insulted Utah. Beware the Mormon Mafia.

(That might be worse than the U of A / ASU error just mentioned )

... had Vegas on my mind..... thinkin Nevada Triangle.... but worse than Kippers mistake? Hardly. :squint:

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I always suspected that a big motivation for the NHL in this story was to create the right narrative, and muddy the water on the wrong narrative.

The right narrative for the NHL is. "We had a fair deal but Glendale screwed us."

The wrong narrative for the NHL is. "The NHL was party to embezzling close to $100 million in public money."

The other angle is this circus is now really old news for the media. Another interesting side effect of kicking the can five years down the road. Not to mention that you need a bloody flow chart to write the post mortem. When they do leave it going to be a two lines article buried in the sports section.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Is it new thread title territory yet?

Since Jude LaCava's tweet is the closest thing we have to any news, submitting these...

Phoenix CXXXI: All I Will Say At This Time
Phoenix CXXXI: Barroway's Plan, Barroway's Decision
Phoenix CXXXI: Two Reasonable Plans, No Reasonable Outcome
Phoenix CXXXI: Reasonable Plans, Unreasonable Demands

-or-

Phoenix CXXXI: East Side, West Side...All Around The Town...

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Is it new thread title territory yet?....
Phoenix CXXXI: East Side, West Side...All Around The Town...

Not yet, no, a few more pages to go & with the trickle of news forthcoming, drip x drip x drip actually, prolly be on this thread until at least the end of the month if not longer.... Hard to imagine theres any heavy lifting going on behind the scenes on the arena front as surely something wouldve leaked by now Llama.... My best guess is their simply holding steady, all focus on the club, whatever plans they in conjunction with the NHL have in mind unlikely to be revealed for months.

Things, various events (Stanton stepping down, comments from Phoenix Council Members, possible Mayoralty Candidates, Trumps Tax Plan etc) dont bode well for public financing of a new facility, a situation that was already bleak so what happens next is anyones guess. Even if we lets say divide in half Kypreos' claims that Barroway might not make it until seasons end, ruining himself, total Kamikaze (which I seriously doubt)... we do know that he's already beyond leveraged & clearly somethings gotta give.

... and I like the last one.... "East Side, West Side.... All Around The Town"..... ;)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I, for one, do not expect much of any real drippings...not at least until Thanksgiving... :D

How very droll..... and you do realize thats "2 weeks" from this Thursday right?.... We back on that kick again?.... Living life in 2 week increments?.... Cant take it Llama..... 2 months & maybe we'll hear something from this organization, Patterson & or Barroway but no, not anticipating anything by Thanksgiving..... just the usual.... Nopalito's.... Turkey Enchilada's..... Cheese Crisps..... Everclear.... Mescal... Tequila... Lucky Strikes.... what about you & yours?..... Thanksgiving at Tonto's over on Rancho Manana in Cave Creek?....

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
I, for one, do not expect much of any real drippings...not at least until Thanksgiving... :D

Sounds about right for a timeframe. Especially if they're going to try the legislature route again.

My understanding is pre-filing is November 15. Same time of year the ASU announcement (Sans ASU).

I thinks if there really is a concrete plan that is the beginning of the window of any leaks, latest by mid December's BOG meeting.

Otherwise it won't seem like it's going anywhere.
My suggestion: Phoenix CXXXI: Still at the very beginning.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Phoenix CXXXI: Cellar Sellers?
Phoenix CXXXI: Look for the Barroway Necessities
Phoenix CXXXI: Hedge Fun!
Phoenix CXXXI: You Can't Cash a Hip Check

Reactions: Killion

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Phoenix CXXXI: Remember when we hit 100? That was 31000 posts ago!

Yep. And we'll probably be here next fall to usher in the 10yr Anniversary of when the first real cracks appeared in this unholy mess of a situation when Moyes had to borrow money & receive advances from the NHL in order to stem the bleeding, Bettman denying there was anything amiss in Arizona. Whats followed has been nothing short of deplorable. You have to look awfully far & hard to find even one honest actor in all thats unfolded. Absolutely nuts.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Perhaps the next thread could include an update on the latest information in the OP. That is, really nothing to update. Just waiting to see if the team renews the lease. But would be helpful to people that pass through randomly and avoid the "haven't been here in ages posts that help keep this merry go round spinning.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Sounds about right for a timeframe. Especially if they're going to try the legislature route again.

My understanding is pre-filing is November 15. Same time of year the ASU announcement (Sans ASU).

I thinks if there really is a concrete plan that is the beginning of the window of any leaks, latest by mid December's BOG meeting.

Otherwise it won't seem like it's going anywhere.
My suggestion: Phoenix CXXXI: Still at the very beginning.

Yep...Nov 15...less than a fortnight away...

Phoenix CXXXI: Arena Location...Recalculating...
Phoenix CXXXI: The Legislature Games, Part II

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Perhaps the next thread could include an update on the latest information in the OP. That is, really nothing to update. Just waiting to see if the team renews the lease. But would be helpful to people that pass through randomly and avoid the "haven't been here in ages posts that help keep this merry go round spinning.

Yeah, see, heres the deal on that awfulwaffle as it would appear no ones ever explained things to you, how things work around here and will continue to operate so long as I'm Moderating.... First of all, "we" (as in the regulars) are the not the engine that keeps things "spinning" in Arizona. That mighty engine keeps humming along heavily greased with every imaginable kind of guano by the various players involved, by the NHL & its puppets in the ownership suite down there....

Point two; this situation is far from resolved, that franchise still sailing aimlessly in perilous seas, God only knows who's hands are on the wheel but to question their sanity is not out of line, the fans & market strapped to the mast, held hostage & needlessly taking a Hell of a beating. Injustices, deceit & deception, financial & all other form of malfeasance are simply not things many will sit still for...

Point three; that people in following this disgrace come here to voice their opinions & displeasure with how this has been & is being handled be it objectively or subjectively, that they have an outlet, a platform & community in which to discuss such issues is why this site, this Board & these threads exist. This is not a "wire service". Just post the bare facts & thats that. To state the obvious & with all due respect, no condescension implied or suggested .... but this is a "discussion board".

No, we dont always have "hard news" and yes, much speculation & conjecture does occur. Until this situation is actually resolved its going nowhere. If this was happening elsewhere, same dynamic. The Coyotes are not being singled out, this is sad sorry state affairs that no one wanted to see happen yet here we are, and still no end in sight. The facts of the matter are straightforward; you have a heavily leveraged owner in place, you have both he & the NHL claiming GRA is completely untenable, blown up the bridges & that without a new arena in the E.Valley or Phoenix, situation impossible.

So... what is being discussed here has everything to do with the likelihood or not of the organization finding the requisite sponsorship at the Legislative levels be it Municipal & or at State level... and there is news on those fronts. Trumps tax plan, Municipal Election in Phoenix when Stanton resigns, where the Sun's & Sarver are sitting & so & so on. What we (Mods) try to avoid as much as possible here on these threads is team performance & attendance however as both are factors, permissible within reason as its relevant to financials.... and thats pretty much it. That a considerable number of Arizonians think were all suffering from some collective or individual form's of Schadenfreude, take pleasure in the pain of our fellow fans I find extremely insulting and will not tolerate any such accusations directed against anyone posting here.

That is all.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I thought with the new board software we don't need new threads any more. o_O

Technically yes, we could, however.... rather than letting a single thread run on endlessly we decided to cap them at 40 pages, 1000 posts.... besides, too many here have fun playing the "Name the Next Thread Game" (believe FecklessPuck in the lead, absolutely headed for a Hall of Fame career) and I believe in giving people what they want & enjoy.
:cheers:

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad