Phoenix CXXII: Drawing a LeBlank

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Harris said at 3:07 that the proposal is now: 170M from team, 170M in sales tax, 55M from host city.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Specifically, canceling the 'arena management' agreement...

Well, since they are parroting IA, that's to be expected. But, how can that be a good idea when the courts sided with Glendale. That's seems....:help:

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Well, since they are parroting IA, that's to be expected. But, how can that be a good idea when the courts sided with Glendale. That's seems....:help:

All it says to a potential city is : Hey build us an arena, and if in 5 years you are not paying us to play in it, we will be saying the same **** about you. Now please would you build us an arena ?

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Harris tweets that Coyotes attorney says it was a mistake to build in Glendale. Not economically viable there. And,

Coyotes Rep says Fans and sponsors are in the East Valley. Hence the move.

That's the same song and dance LeBlanc has been playing for months.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Harris tweets that Coyotes attorney says it was a mistake to build in Glendale. Not economically viable there. And,

Coyotes Rep says Fans and sponsors are in the East Valley. Hence the move.

That's the same song and dance LeBlanc has been playing for months.

Right... And the scary thing is that group of dimwits sitting there appear to be buying it. Worsley reminds me of Sammy Chavira. :shakehead

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Craig Harris ‏@charrisazrep 6m6 minutes ago
More
No word about Glendale cutting off subsidy to Az Coyotes as reason to leave and get new arena. Team blames Glendale for ending lease
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a tweet.

Team blames Glendale. So, what's new?

Team doesn't comment that it was a subsidy. What's new?

Team doesn't mention the lack of subsidy as the real reason they need a new arena. What's new?

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I'm sorry, Arizona taxpayers. Your legislature is going to throw away 170M of your money.

I'm sorry Mesa. Your city is going to throw away 55M.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
In regards to Zeits - Interesting that 41 dates of coyotes has very little impact on Westgate and that they have no idea of the economic impact on Westgate but the Coyotes are going to be the driver behind the new development.

something does not smell right.:laugh:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Ziets: Talking with several financial organizations on funding the arena...

Hmmm...I wonder if Fortress is back in the picture...

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
In regards to Zeits - Interesting that 41 dates of coyotes has very little impact on Westgate and that they have no idea of the economic impact on Westgate but the Coyotes are going to be the driver behind the new development.

something does not smell right.:laugh:

Yet that same economical impact on Westgate was huge, SO huge that it required Glendale to pay between $15-25M a year to Coyotes...oh how things change.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Just catching up now.

Isn't today's vote just to get it out of this committee?

Even if it is a yes vote, it would still need to be given the green light from the senate and then the full legilslature and then find a new host community. So still many hurdles.

If this doesn't pass in today's committee, is it the end of the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad