Phoenix CXV: NHL Fantasy Ownership & GM Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Well countdown clocks are sorta stupid as well.

Most BoH posters are already smart enough to know when and where things may (or may not) occur.

:)

Well, LeBlanc pretty much opens himself up for this sort of playful speculation with his inability to keep his mouth shut in front of fans and the media.

BoH posters might be smart enough to understand when or where things might occur, but LeBlanc seems to have very little grasp of the plausible timing of key developments. Let's see how his latest pronouncement that references June 24th as the key date pans out. My guess is that the most we'll get by that date is a vague statement about future options, or perhaps some temporary solution that is over-hyped.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Well countdown clocks are sorta stupid as well.

Most BoH posters are already smart enough to know when and where things may (or may not) occur.

:)

Unlike a broken clock, a broken countdown clock isn't correct twice a day/countdown. :laugh:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Sometimes it's better to simply sit back and wait when things are out of your hands. ;)

Luckily for the message board and internet discussion industry, that's quite possibly the most impossible thing in the world for people to do nowadays. :laugh:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Well, LeBlanc pretty much opens himself up for this sort of playful speculation with his inability to keep his mouth shut in front of fans and the media.

BoH posters might be smart enough to understand when or where things might occur, but LeBlanc seems to have very little grasp of the plausible timing of key developments. Let's see how his latest pronouncement that references June 24th as the key date pans out. My guess is that the most we'll get by that date is a vague statement about future options, or perhaps some temporary solution that is over-hyped.

So why sit here and waste tons of bandwidth floundering around about it??? Like you said... let's wait and see. All this is doing is feeding an obsession to remain relevant.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Sometimes it's better to simply sit back and wait when things are out of your hands. ;)

In real life it is best to say nothing when you aren't sure of what to say. Message boards are quite the opposite just write out whatever pops into your head.:laugh:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Ed
Housecleaning appears to have started for the new AHL team...

Not a real surprise as they were Don Maloney - Darcy Rieger hires.

Word is though the goalie coach was retained.

In real life it is best to say nothing when you aren't sure of what to say. Message boards are quite the opposite just write out whatever pops into your head.:laugh:

Ain't that the truth! :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So why sit here and waste tons of bandwidth floundering around about it??? Like you said... let's wait and see. All this is doing is feeding an obsession to remain relevant.

LeBlanc stirs the pot.

Bemused and interested posters react.

No harm in all that, is there? At least it gives LeBlanc a focus for his internet and social media obsession.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Housecleaning appears to have started for the new AHL team...

Rumor has it that Dave Tippett will add AHL coach to his portfolio, in addition to Coyotes coach and Hockey Czar. Some guys aren't happy until they have all the marbles. :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Unfortunately, LeBlanc confuses real life for a message board or Twitterverse.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Rumor has it that Dave Tippett will add AHL coach to his portfolio, in addition to Coyotes coach and Hockey Czar. Some guys aren't happy until they have all the marbles. :laugh:

Nah, Tip doesn't like to mess with amateurs.

Wonder if Marty Turco is available. :sarcasm:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
A Sarah McLellan article that has some actual intel in it for once:

The Coyotes will unveil their 20th anniversary logo and jersey patch at a viewing party for the first round of the draft June 24 from 3-7 p.m. at Gila River Arena.

Looks like that'll be pretty awkward if they're moving to Vegas this summer. :D

The Coyotes’ hockey operations department recently gathered in Sedona for three days of meetings with the group participating in team-bonding exercises in addition to hashing out business.

Topics of conversation ranged from the amateur side of the organization to looking at free agents. Chayka stressed the importance of the staff holding itself to a high standard since its interactions with players will ultimately influence the type of NHLers they will become.

Aside from meeting with the team’s staff and preparing for the draft, he’s been sizing up players on the roster eligible for new contracts while also looking at international free agents.

“It’s an active marketplace, I can tell you,†he said. “We’ve hit the ground running. (We) made a few hires in terms of our development model and our player care model, and those will come out in the next few weeks. There’s a lot of things going on, a lot of balls in the air, but they’re all positive.â€

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...yotes-take-new-approach-nhl-combine/84873384/

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Well, most of us know the Nords had a full rebrand in the works in their last season but thankfully, those went back on the shelf to collect dust forever :)

One of the very few instances where a relocation has resulted in some actual good for the fans losing their team... :laugh:

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Every time I read the Phoenix Fantasy Ownership Cruise threads I have the Raising Arizona theme song playing in my head. It fits so well.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I've given up trying to figure out when our stuff is supposed to happen.

I think it's a fun game to play - as long as it's not packaged with bogus claims of "sources". Looking at the available data and speculating on potential outcomes seems like a good use of a business board. The ignorant fanatics from whichever side will likely come along to thump their chest no matter what happens but it is the internet so you can't escape that

Looks like that'll be pretty awkward if they're moving to Vegas this summer

Yes, indeed. If nothing breaks on the Friday before the long weekend, I would change my probability assessment quite a bit. It will be great seeing how they approach the lease. Plenty of good times ahead no matter what happens :handclap:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
A Sarah McLellan article that has some actual intel in it for once:

The Coyotes will unveil their 20th anniversary logo and jersey patch at a viewing party for the first round of the draft June 24 from 3-7 p.m. at Gila River Arena.

Looks like that'll be pretty awkward if they're moving to Vegas this summer. :D

Well, most of us know the Nords had a full rebrand in the works in their last season but thankfully, those went back on the shelf to collect dust forever :)

:laugh: Classic! So add "because Nordiques" to "because ThrashJets" in the list of "BoH reasons to desperately cling to the forlorn hope that the Coyotes are leaving Arizona this summer":biglaugh::biglaugh:

Last edited:

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Yes, indeed. If nothing breaks on the Friday before the long weekend, I would change my probability assessment quite a bit. It will be great seeing how they approach the lease. Plenty of good times ahead no matter what happens :handclap:

Another year of this? Sign me up! :yo:

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
This thread is starting to feel like senioritis, people just goofing off and using the :laugh: smiley.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
This thread is starting to feel like senioritis, people just goofing off and using the :laugh: smiley.

Some of us have been here for more than four years though, they are beyond senioritis with the Coyotes. This is like grad school levels of apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad